五个桔核(MP3+中英字幕) 第25期:解剖案情(7)
日期:2018-07-12 11:33

(单词翻译:单击)

"You will observe," said Holmes, laying down the volume,
福尔摩斯放下手中的书,说道:“你一定会看出,
"that the sudden breaking up of the society was coincident with the disappearance of Openshaw from America with their papers.
那个团体的突然垮台是和奥彭肖带着文件逃出美国同时发生的。
It may well have been cause and effect.
两件事很可能互为因果。
It is no wonder that he and his family have some of the more implacable spirits upon their track.
难怪奥彭肖和他的一家人,总有一些死对头在追踪他们。
You can understand that this register and diary may implicate some of the first men in the South,
你一定能理解,这个记录和日记牵涉到美国南方的某些头面人物。
and that there may be many who will not sleep easy at night until it is recovered."
再则,还会有不少人不重新找到这些东西是连觉都睡不踏实的。"
"Then the page we have seen..."
"那么,我们看见过的那一页..."

福尔摩斯探案集 五个桔核

"Is such as we might expect. It ran, if I remember right, 'sent the pips to A, B, and C'
"正如我们所料想的。如果我没记错的话,那上面写着'送桔核给A,B和C。'
that is, sent the society's warning to them.
那就是把团体的警告送给他们。
Then there are successive entries that A and B cleared, or left the country,
然后,又接着写道:A和B已清除,或者已出国;
and finally that C was visited, with, I fear, a sinister result for C.
最后还说访问过C;我担心这会给C带来不祥的后果。
Well, I think, Doctor, that we may let some light into this dark place,
喂,医生,我想,我们可以让这个黑暗的地方获得一线光明,
and I believe that the only chance young Openshaw has in the meantime is to do what I have told him.
我相信,在这同一时间里,小奥彭肖的唯一机会就是按照我告诉他的去做。
There is nothing more to be said or to be done to-night, so hand me over my violin
今天夜里,没有什么更多可说、更多可做的了。请你把小提琴递给我,
and let us try to forget for half an hour the miserable weather and the still more miserable ways of our fellowmen."
让我们把这恼人的天气和我们同胞的不幸遭遇暂时置之脑后半个小时吧。"

分享到
重点单词
  • violinn. 小提琴
  • implicatevt. 纠缠(使 ... 绕住,暗示) n. 包含的东西
  • coincidentadj. 同时发生的,巧合的,一致的,符合的
  • diaryn. 日记,日记簿
  • observev. 观察,遵守,注意到 v. 评论,庆祝
  • registerv. 记录,登记,注册,挂号 n. 暂存器,记录,登记簿
  • miserableadj. 悲惨的,痛苦的,贫乏的
  • trackn. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲 v. 跟踪,追踪
  • implacableadj. 难宽恕的,难和解的,执拗的
  • disappearancen. 消失