足球教给我们的自由
日期:2018-06-27 14:53

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

The two places where I feel most free aren't actually places.
让我感到最自由的两个地方并不是什么特定的地点。
They're moments. The first is inside of dance.
而是两个时刻。第一个是跳舞的时候。
Somewhere between rising up against gravity and the feeling that the air beneath me is falling in love with my body's weight.
在抵抗重力而升起和感受到我身下的空气时,我与自身的重量坠入爱河。
I'm dancing and the air is carrying me like I might never come down.
我在跳舞,空气在托住我,好像我永远也不会回到地面。
The second place that I feel free is after scoring a goal on the soccer pitch.
第二个让我感到自由的地方是我在足球场得分以后的时刻。
My body floods with the chemical that they put inside of EpiPens to revive the dead, and I am weightless, raceless.
我的血液中充斥着人们用来复苏濒死之人的化学药品(肾上腺素),让我失去了重量,没有了种族。
My story is this: I'm a curator at a contemporary arts center,
我的故事是这样的:我是一个现代艺术馆的馆长,
but I don't really believe in art that doesn't bleed or sweat or cry.
但我并不真的相信没有血汗、泪水的艺术。
I imagine that my kids are going to live in a time when the most valuable commodities are fresh water and empathy.
我想象我的孩子会生活在一个当最有价值的东西是淡水和同情的时代。
I love pretty dances and majestic sculpture as much as the next guy, but give me something else to go with it.
我对美丽的舞蹈和雄伟雕塑的爱不比其他人少,但给我点其它可以伴随艺术的东西吧。
Lift me up with the aesthetic sublime and give me a practice or some tools
用美学的崇高把我托起,然后给我一个练习或者工具,
to turn that inspiration into understanding and action.
让我把这灵感转化成理解和行动。
For instance, I'm a theater maker who loves sports.
比如说,我是一个热爱运动的戏剧家。
When I was making my latest piece /peh-LO-tah/ I thought a lot about how soccer was a means for my own immigrant family
当我在创作最新的剧作peh-LO-tah时,我想了很多关于我自己的移民家庭,
to foster a sense of continuity and normality and community within the new context of the US.
如何在美国的新环境中,用足球来建立一种连续性,体会平常和集体感。
In this heightened moment of xenophobia and assault on immigrant identity,
在这个高度排外、移民身份受到攻击的时刻,
I wanted to think through how the game could serve as an affirmational tool for first-generation Americans and immigrant kids,
我想好好思考一个足球比赛如何可以成为第一代美国人和移民儿童肯定自我的工具,
to ask them to consider movement patterns on the field as kin to migratory patterns across social and political borders.
能够让他们把球场上的移动看作跨越社会和政治边界的迁移。
Whether footballers or not, immigrants in the US play on endangered ground.
不管是不是热爱足球,美国境内的移民都在危险的地方生活与玩耍。
I wanted to help the kids understand that the same muscle that they use to plan the next goal can also be used to navigate the next block.
我想帮孩子们认识到,他们用来计划下个进球的肌肉,同样可以用来指引下个街区的方向。
For me, freedom exists in the body. We talk about it abstractly and even divisively,
在我看来,自由是与生俱来的。我们对自由的讨论经常是抽象的、有分歧的,
like "protect our freedom," "build this wall," "they hate us because of our freedom."
比如“保卫我们的自由”,“建这个墙”,“他们讨厌我们是因为我们的自由。”

足球教给我们的自由

We have all these systems that are beautifully designed to incarcerate us or deport us, but how do we design freedom?
有这么多精心设计的系统来监禁我们或驱逐我们,但我们要如何设计自由呢?
For these kids, I wanted to track the idea back to something that exists inside that no one could take away,
对于这些孩子,我想追寻一个存在于内心、无人能夺走的东西。
so I developed this curriculum that's part poli-sci class, part soccer tournament, inside of an arts festival.
所以在一个艺术节上,我开设了一个课程,一部分是政治学课程,一部分是足球比赛。
It accesses /peh-LO-tah/'s field of inquiry to create a sports-based political action for young people.
它用了peh-LO-tah的核心主题来创建一个基于体育的、针对年轻人的政治活动。
The project is called "Moving and Passing."
这个项目叫“Moving and Passing”(移动和传递)。
It intersects curriculum development, site-specific performance and the politics of joy,
它融合了课程研发,基于不同场地的表演以及关于喜悦的政治,
while using soccer as a metaphor for the urgent question of enfranchisement among immigrant youth.
同时用足球作为一个比喻,来回应现在很危急的如何让移民青年享有公民权的问题。
Imagine that you are a 15-year-old kid from Honduras now living in Harlem,
想象一下你是一个15岁的孩子,来自洪都拉斯,现在生活在纽约哈莱姆区,
or you're a 13-year-old girl born in DC to two Nigerian immigrants.
或者你是一个13岁的小女孩,生于华盛顿特区,父母是尼日利亚移民。
You love the game. You're on the field with your folks.
你喜欢这项比赛。你和你的伙伴们在场上。
You've just been practicing dribbling through cones for, like, 15 minutes,
你已经练习了带球过障碍,练了15分钟了,
and then, all of a sudden, a marching band comes down the field.
然后,突然间,一支军乐队来到了球场。
I want to associate the joy of the game with the exuberance of culture,
我想把比赛的乐趣与文化的丰富性相结合,
to locate the site of joy in the game at the same physical coordinate as being politically informed by art,
把比赛的乐趣放置在和通过艺术来介绍政治知识同样的坐标位置上,
a grass-laden theater for liberation.
一个绿草如茵、解放自由的剧院。
We spend a week looking at how the midfielder would explain Black Lives Matter,
我们用了一周来看中场球员如何解释了Black Lives Matter(黑人抗议歧视的活动),
or how the goalkeeper would explain gun control,
或者守门员可以怎么解释枪支管制,
or how a defender's style is the perfect metaphor for the limits of American exceptionalism.
或者一个防守球员的风格怎么完美的比喻了美国排外主义的局限。
As we study positions on the field, we also name and imagine our own freedoms.
当我们研究球场上的位置,我们也会命名和想象我们自己的自由。
I don't know, man, soccer is, like, the only thing on this planet that we can all agree to do together. You know?
怎么说呢,足球大概是这个星球上唯一一个我们都愿意一起做的事。是吧?
It's like the official sport of this spinning ball.
它像是一个关于这旋转的球的官方体育活动。
I want to be able to connect the joy of the game to the ever-moving footballer,
我希望可以把球赛的喜悦联系到永远在移动的球员,
to connect that moving footballer to immigrants who also moved in sight of a better position.
把在移动的球员联系到同样在向更美好的方向移动的移民群体。
Among these kids, I want to connect their families' histories to the bliss of a goal-scorer's run,
对于这些孩子,我想把他们的家庭历史联系到得分球员跑动时的幸福,
family like that feeling after the ball beats the goalie, the closest thing going to freedom. Thank you.
那看到足球飞向守门员的感觉是最接近自由的时刻。谢谢。

分享到
重点单词
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • identityn. 身份,一致,特征
  • exuberancen. 丰富,茂盛;健康
  • aestheticadj. 美学的,审美的,有美感的 n. (复数)审美观
  • valuableadj. 贵重的,有价值的 n. (pl.)贵重物品
  • protectvt. 保护,投保
  • contextn. 上下文,环境,背景
  • kinn. 家族,亲属 adj. 亲属关系的,同类的 suf.
  • coordinaten. 同等的人物; (色调,图案,样式等)配套服装 ad
  • blockn. 街区,木块,石块 n. 阻塞(物), 障碍(物)