如何变得更有创意? 去散个步吧!
日期:2018-06-04 18:16

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

The creative process -- you know this -- from the first idea to the final product, is a long process.
众所周知,创意过程,从第一个想法冒出来到最终产品,是一个很长的过程。
It's super-iterative, lots of refinement, blood, sweat, tears and years.
需要超级多的反复迭代,无数的改进,血汗,泪水和时间。
And we're not saying you're going to go out for a walk and come back with the Sistine Chapel in your left hand.
我们讨论的并不是,你出去散个步,左手就可以带着西斯廷教堂(的设计)回来。
So what frame of the creative process did we focus on?
那么我们关注的是创意过程的哪个环节?
Just this first part. Just brainstorming, coming up with a new idea.
就是这第一部分。去做头脑风暴,产生新点子。
We actually ran four studies with a variety of people.
我们针对一些不同的人做过四项研究。
You were either walking indoors or outdoors.
包括了进行户外和室内散步的群体。
And all of these studies found the same conclusion.
所有的这些研究都得出了相同的结论。
I'm only going to tell you about one of them today.
我今天只打算告诉你们其中一个例子。
One of the tests we used for creativity was alternate uses. In this test, you have four minutes.
我们做创意研究的其中一个测试是替代使用。在这个测试中,你有4分钟的时间。
Your job is to come up with as many other ways to use common everyday objects as you can think of.
要想出尽可能多的方法去使用生活中你所能想到的日常事物。
So, for example, what else would you do with a key, other than to use it for opening up a lock?
比如,除了开门外,你还能用钥匙做什么?
Clearly, you could use it as a third eyeball for a giraffe, right? Maybe.
显然,你还可以它来当作长颈鹿的第三只眼睛,没错吧?
That's sort of interesting, kind of new. But is it creative?
或许如此。但诸如此类好玩的新使用方法,算是创意吗?
So people came up with as many ideas as they could, and we had to decide: Is this creative or not?
虽然人们想出了各种各样的主意,而我们需要判断,这是不是创意?
The definition of creativity that a lot of people go with is "appropriate novelty."
很多人对创意的定义是“适用的新奇”。
For something to be appropriate, it has to be realistic, so unfortunately, you can't use a key as an eyeball. Boo!
要让事情变得适用,就需要实用。但不幸的是,你无法将钥匙当眼球使用。这不算数。
But "novel," the second thing, is that nobody had to have said it.
而第二点,新奇,是指之前没有人提到过。
So for us, it had to be appropriate first, and then for novelty,
所以对我们而言,这首先得适用,然后是新奇,
nobody else in the entire population that we surveyed could have said it.
已知的地球人都没有想到这个。
So you might think you could use a key to scratch somebody's car,
所以如果你说可以用钥匙来刮花别人的车,
but if somebody else said that, you didn't get credit for it.
但如果已经有人说过了,就不够新奇了。
Neither of you did. However, only one person said this:
你们都不算。然而,只有其中一个人这样说:
"If you were dying and it were a murder mystery,
“假如你快要死去,而且是被谋杀的,
and you had to carve the name of the murderer into the ground with your dying words." One person said this.
你就可以(用钥匙)把遗嘱和凶手的名字一起刻在地上。”有个人就是这样说。
And it's a creative idea, because it's appropriate and it's novel.
所以这是一个创造性的想法,因为适用,而且新奇。
You either did this test and came up with ideas while you were seated or while you were walking on a treadmill.
你参与这个测试的时候是可以是坐着的,也可以是在跑步机上走步。
They did the test twice, with different objects.
他们做了这个测试两次,每次都针对不同的人群。
Three groups: the first group sat first and then sat again for the second test.
三个小组,第一组第一次坐着回答,第二次测试也是坐着回答。
The second group sat first and then did the second test while walking on a treadmill.
第二组,第一次先坐着,第二次则在跑步机上走着。
The third group -- and this is interesting -- they walked on the treadmill first, and then they sat.
第三组,就比较有意思了,他们第一次先在跑步机上走,然后再坐下回答问题。
OK, so the two groups that sat together for the first test,
那么两个先坐着测试的小组,
they looked pretty similar to each other, and they averaged about 20 creative ideas per person.
他们的想法彼此差异不大,每个人平均有20个创意。

如何变得更有创意? 去散个步吧!

The group that was walking on the treadmill did almost twice as well.
那个在跑步机上行走的小组几乎想出了两倍的创意。
And they were just walking on a treadmill in a windowless room.
而他们做的无非是在没有窗户的室内,在跑步机上散步了一会儿。
Remember, they took the test twice.
记住,他们每组人测试了两次。
The people who sat twice for that second test didn't get any better; practice didn't help.
两次都坐着的受试者,第二次的成绩并没有变好,练习并无帮助。
But these same people who were sitting and then went on the treadmill got a boost from walking.
但先坐着,然后在跑步机上行走的人,成绩出现了飙升。
Here's the interesting thing.
这就是有趣的地方。
The people who were walking on the treadmill still had a residue effect of the walking, and they were still creative afterwards.
在跑步机上行走的人表现出了散步的残余效应,后期仍然富有创意。
So the implication of this is that you should go for a walk
这个研究的启发就是,你应该出去散个步,
before your next big meeting and just start brainstorming right away.
在你的一个重要会议开始前,然后立马开始头脑风暴。
We have five tips for you that will help make this the best effect possible.
我们有5点提示,将会帮你取得最好的效果。
First, you want to pick a problem or a topic to brainstorm.
首先,你需要带着要进行头脑风暴的问题或话题。
So, this is not the shower effect, when you're in the shower and all of a sudden,
这并不是冲凉效应,你洗着澡,突然之间,
a new idea pops out of the shampoo bottle. This is something you're thinking about ahead of time.
新的主意就从满头的泡沫中冒出来了。而是你提前就在思考的东西。
They're intentionally thinking about brainstorming a different perspective on the walk.
在行走的时候下意识的用不同的视角进行头脑风暴。
Secondly -- I get asked this a lot: Is this OK while running?
第二--我常常被人问,跑步的时候也行吗?
Well, the answer for me is that if I were running, the only new idea I would have would be to stop running, so...
好吧,对我来讲,我跑步的时候唯一想到的新主意就是停下来...
But if running for you is a comfortable pace, good.
但假如跑步对你是一种非常舒适的运动,那没问题。
It turns out, whatever physical activity is not taking a lot of attention.
不论是哪种体力活动,只要不分担太多注意力就行。
So just walking at a comfortable pace is a good choice.
所以在舒适的地方散步是蛮好的选择。
Also, you want to come up with as many ideas as you can.
另外,去想出尽可能多的主意。
One key of creativity is to not lock on that first idea.
创意的一个关键是不要纠结在第一个主意上。
Keep going. Keep coming up with new ones, until you pick one or two to pursue.
继续前进。继续想新的主意,直至你选择出1-2个来深入思考。
You might worry that you don't want to write them down, because what if you forget them?
你可能会担心如果不把它写下来回头忘记了怎么办?
So the idea here is to speak them. Everybody was speaking their new ideas.
最好的方法是把它说出来。每个人都说出他们的新主意。
So you can put your headphones on and record through your phone
你可以带上耳机,用手机录下来,
and then just pretend you're having a creative conversation, right?
就假想自己在进行一场有创意的对话,没错吧?
Because the act of writing your idea down is already a filter.
因为把主意写下来的动作就是一种过滤。
You're going to be like, "Is this good enough to write down?" And then you write it down.
你不由得会想:“这真的值得写下来吗?”然后才会动笔。
So just speak as many as you can, record them and think about them later.
所以尽可能多的去说出来,录下来,事后再花时间认真思考。
And finally: don't do this forever. Right?
最后,不要一直这么做。
If you're on the walk and that idea's not coming to you, come back to it later at another time.
如果散步并不能给你带来好主意,稍后再来一次。
I think we're coming up on a break right now, so I have an idea:
我想现在我们就需要稍作休息了,我有个主意:
Why don't you grab a leash and take your thoughts for a walk? Thank you.
何不带上你的宠物,带着你的想法出去溜达一圈?谢谢。

分享到