五个桔核(MP3+中英字幕) 第8期:神秘来信(2)
日期:2018-05-22 10:14

(单词翻译:单击)

I did as he ordered, and when the lawyer arrived I was asked to step up to the room.
我照他的吩咐办了。律师来到时,我被召唤到他的房间里。
The fire was burning brightly, and in the grate there was a mass of black,
炉火熊熊,在壁炉的炉栅里有一堆黑色蓬松的纸灰烬。
fluffy ashes, as of burned paper, while the brass box stood open and empty beside it.
那黄铜箱匣放在一旁,敞着盖,里面空空如也。
As I glanced at the box I noticed, with a start,
我瞧了那匣子一眼,大吃一惊,
that upon the lid was printed the treble K which I had read in the morning upon the envelope.
因为那匣子盖上印着我上午在信封上所见到的那样的三个K字。
'I wish you, John,' said my uncle, 'to witness my will.
'约翰,我希望你,'我伯父说道,'作我的遗嘱见证人。

福尔摩斯探案集 五个桔核

I leave my estate, with all its advantages and all its disadvantages,
我把我的产业,连带它的一切有利和不利之处,
to my brother, your father, whence it will, no doubt, descend to you.
留给我的兄弟--也就是你的父亲。无疑以后从你父亲那里又会遗留给你的。
If you can enjoy it in peace, well and good!
如果你能平安无事地享有它们,自然是好;
If you find you cannot, take my advice, my boy, and leave it to your deadliest enemy.
不过,如果你发觉不能,那么,孩子,我劝你把它留给你的死敌。
I am sorry to give you such a two-edged thing, but I can't say what turn things are going to take.
我很遗憾给你留下这样一个具有双重意义的东西,但是我也真说不上事情会向哪个方向发展。
Kindly sign the paper where Mr. Fordham shows you.'
请你按照福德姆律师在遗嘱上指给你的地方签上你的名字吧。'
I signed the paper as directed, and the lawyer took it away with him.
我照律师所指之处签了名,律师就将遗嘱带走了。

分享到