(单词翻译:单击)
Lucy says that "The cookies smell great," meaning they smell very good, "but first," she needs "to let them cool."
露西说“饼干味道很棒”,意思是它们的味道非常好,但是“首先,她要凉一凉 。”
To cool, "cool," is a verb, which means to lower the temperature.
“凉”,是一个动词,意思是降低温度 。
Something is hot needs to cool before you eat it.
有些东西在吃之前要冷却 。
"After 30 minutes," Lucy puts three cookies "on a plate" and puts "the rest of them" -the remaining cookies - "in a Tupperware container."
“30分钟后”,露西把三块饼干放在“盘子上”,把“剩余的那些饼干”放在“特百惠盒里” 。
Tupperware, "Tupperware," is a company that makes small plastic boxes - small plastic containers that you can put food into.
特百惠,是一家公司,主营小塑料盒——装食物的小塑料盒 。
Tupperware is a name of a company, so you have to use a capital T, "Tupperware." 。
特百惠是一家公司的名字,所以使用大写字母T,“Tupperware” 。
Even though you buy a plastic container that is not made by this company,
即使你买的塑料盒不是这家公司制造的,
people still call them Tupperware containers, or sometimes just Tupperware.
人们仍然把它们叫作特百惠盒,有时就叫特百惠 。
If someone says, "I need to buy some new Tupperware,"
如果有人说,“我需要买个新的特百惠,”
they mean they need to buy some new plastic containers for food.
他们的意思是需要买些新的装食物的塑料盒 。
Lucy says she's going to take her cookies “to work” tomorrow.
露西说明天她要带饼干“去上班” 。
That should make the day go by a little faster.
这会让这一天过得快一些 。
When we say the day will go by, "by," we mean that it will seem like the day is not very long-that time is moving very fast.
当我们说这一天将会过去,“过去”,意思是这一天不是很长——时间过得很快 。
Just like when you are listening to ESLPod.com courses, the day goes by much faster.
就像你听ESLPod.com网站课程时,日子过得快一些 。
Speaking of faster, now let's listen to the story at a native rate of speech.
说到快一点,现在让我们以正常语速听一下这个故事 。