(单词翻译:单击)
This is Everyday Grammar. I'm Kaveh. And I'm Lucija.
欢迎收看《每日语法》栏目,我是卡维,我是露西佳。
Kaveh, we've covered homophones, right?
卡维,我们讲过同音异义词,对吧?
You mean words that have the same pronunciation but different meannings, origins or spellings?
你说得是那些发音相同但含义、起源或拼写不同的单词吗?
Yeah! Yep! But there are so many.
是的!我们讲过,但这种词有很多。
Any specific ones you're interested in?
你对具体的单词感兴趣吗?
Well, I do have some words in mind that might Pique your interest!
我脑海中有些词可能会激起你的兴趣!
Ok, which ones are they?
好吧,都是些什么词?
Well, if we discuss them, our popularity could Peak. What?
如果我们讨论它们,知名度就能达到顶峰了。什么?
If you Peek at my script, you'll know what homophones I want to talk about.
如果你偷看过我的脚本,就会知道我想说什么同音异义词了。
Ok, I think I've figured it out!
好吧,我觉得我已经知道了!

Peek, P-E-E-K, means to take a brief look or catch a glimpse.
Peek,P-E-E-K的意思是草草地看一眼或瞥见。
Tommy peeked at Suzy's test.
汤米偷看了苏西的测试。
Don't peek at the present or you'll ruin the surprise.
现在别偷看,否则就没惊喜了。
P-E-A-K has several meanings.
P-E-A-K有几个意思。
As a noun, it means "the highest point", like the top of a mountain or the highest level of excellence.
作为名词,它的意思是最高点,比如山顶或最优水平。
As a verb, it means "to reach a high point" in activity, development or popularity.
作为动词,它的意思是在活动、发展或普及程度上达到高潮。
We climbed to the peak of the mountain.
我们爬上了山顶。
The actor's popularity peaked more than a decade ago.
这位演员的人气在十多年前达到顶峰。
P-I-U-E means "to excite your interest or curiosity"
P-I-U-E的意思是“激发你的兴趣或好奇心”,
or "to provoke an undesirable feeling like irritation or resentment".
或“激起不良感觉,如愤怒或怨恨。”
English @ the Movies piques my interest in seeing the films.
English @ the Movies激起了我看电影的兴趣。
Nothing piques me more than when my phone battery dies.
没有什么比我手机电池没电更让我恼火的了。
And that's Everyday Grammar.
以上就是今天的全部内容。
