认清你的价值 要求相应的报酬
日期:2018-03-13 15:21

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

No one will ever pay you what you're worth.
没有人会为你的价值买单。
No one will ever pay you what you're worth.
永远没有人根据你的价值来支付你的薪酬。
They'll only ever pay you what they think you're worth.
他们只按自己所认可的你的价值支付你薪酬。
And you control their thinking, not like this, although that would be cool.
你能控制他们的想法,但不是这样控制的,尽管那样很赞。
That would be really cool. Instead, like this:
能那样可太赞了。然而,实际上应该这样做:
clearly defining and communicating your value are essential to being paid well for your excellence.
清楚地定义并传达自己的价值,对于为自己的优秀赢得等价回报是十分重要的。
Anyone here want to be paid well? OK, good, then this talk is for everyone.
在座有人想要优厚的工资吗?嗯,很好,那么这个演讲适用于每一位。
It's got universal applicability.
这个方法具有普适性。
It's true if you're a business owner, if you're an employee, if you're a job seeker.
无论你是老板,还是雇员,也许你正在找工作。
It's true if you're a man or a woman.
无论你是男是女,都适用。今
Now, I approach this today through the lens of the woman business owner,
天,我会从女性公司老板的视角来阐述,
because in my work I've observed that women underprice more so than men.
因为我在工作中观察到女性的价值相比男性被低估的更多。
The gender wage gap is a well-traveled narrative in this country.
男女不同酬在美国很普遍。
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, a woman employee earns just 83 cents for every dollar a man earns.
根据劳动局的统计,男性每赚1美元,女性只能赚到0.83美元。
What may surprise you is that this trend continues even into the entrepreneurial sphere.
令人惊讶的是,这种形势也延伸到了创业圈。
A woman business owner earns just 80 cents for every dollar a man earns.
男老板赚1美元时,女老板只赚0.8美元。
In my work, I've often heard women express that they're uncomfortable communicating their value,
在我的工作中,常听到女性说,她们不太喜欢讨论自己的价值,
especially early on in business ownership. They say things like, "I don't like to toot my own horn."
尤其是在创业初期。她们会说:“我不喜欢自吹自擂。”
"I'd rather let the work speak for itself." "I don't like to sing my own praises."
“我宁愿用工作成绩说话。”“我不喜欢自夸。”
I hear very different narratives in working with male business owners,
但男老板的说法就大不同,
and I think this difference is costing women 20 cents on the dollar.
我认为,就是这些差异使女性比男性少赚了20%。
I'd like to tell you the story of a consulting firm that helps their clients dramatically improve their profitability.
我来说一个顾问公司的故事,这家公司帮助客户大幅提升利润,
That company is my company. After my first year in business,
而这家公司就是我的公司。在我的公司运行1年后,
I saw the profit increases that my clients were realizing in working with me,
我看到了客户通过与我合作实现的利润增长,
and I realized that I needed to reevaluate my pricing.
我觉得应该重新评估一下我的报价了。
I was really underpriced relative to the value I was delivering.
与我提供的服务相比,我的收费太低。
It's hard for me to admit to you, because I'm a pricing consultant.
这有点尴尬,因为本人就是定价顾问。
It's what I do. I help companies price for value.
这就是我的工作。我帮企业按价值定价格。
But nonetheless, it's what I saw, and so I sat down to evaluate my pricing, evaluate my value,
不管怎样,我注意到这问题了,因此我仔细衡量了自己的收费与价值。
and I did that by asking key value questions.
我问了自己几个关键价值问题。
What are my clients' needs and how do I meet them?
我的客户需要什么?我如何帮他们实现?
What is my unique skill set that makes me better qualified to serve my clients?
对客户来说,我与别人相比独特的专长是什么?
What do I do that no one else does? What problems do I solve for clients? What value do I add?
我提供的什么服务是独一无二的?我为客户解决了哪些问题?为客户的公司增加了多大价值?
I answered these questions and defined the value that my clients get from working with me,
我回答了这些问题,从而明确算出客户因为我提供的服务而获得的价值,
calculated their return on investment, and what I saw was that I needed to double my price, double it.
并算出客户的投资回报率,结果发现,我的收费应该加倍,整整两倍。
Now, I confess to you, this terrified me. I'm supposed to be the expert in this, but I'm not cured.
但我要坦白说,这吓到我了。我是这方面的专家,但仍为此忐忑不安。
I knew the value was there. I was convinced the value was there, and I was still scared out of my wits.
我明知自己有这个价值。我也说服自己值得这个价值,但还是不敢相信。
What if nobody would pay me that? What if clients said, "That's ridiculous. You're ridiculous."
如果没人愿意付这个价钱呢?如果客户说:这价格离谱了,你简直不可理喻!
Was I really worth that? Not my work, mind you, but me. Was I worth that?
我真的值这么高价吗?这并不是工作的问题,请注意,这是我自己的疑惑。我值不值这么多钱?
I'm the mother of two beautiful little girls who depend upon me. I'm a single mom.
我是个单亲妈妈,独自抚养两个漂亮的小姑娘。
What if my business fails? What if I fail?
如果公司失败了怎么办?如果我失败了怎么办?

认清你的价值 要求相应的报酬

But I know how to take my own medicine, the medicine that I prescribe to my clients.
但我知道如何解决自己的问题,就用那些我开给客户的药方。
I had done the homework. I knew the value was there.
我做了功课。我清楚自己有这个价值。
So when prospects came, I prepared the proposals with the new higher pricing and sent them out and communicated the value.
所以当机会来临,我把准备好的提价方案发给客户,并与客户探讨其中的价值。
How's the story end? Clients continued to hire me and refer me and recommend me, and I'm still here.
结果呢?客户不但继续与我合作,还把我推荐给更多人,我的生意还在。
And I share this story because doubts and fears are natural and normal.
与你们分享这故事,是因为疑惑与恐惧都是自然正常的。
But they don't define our value, and they shouldn't limit our earning potential.
但这些都不决定你的价值,也不应该制约我们赚钱的能力。
I'd like to share another story, about a woman who learned to communicate her value and found her own voice.
我还想分享另一个故事,是一位女性如何学会向他人传达自己的价值,进而找到自己的说话方式。
She runs a successful web development company and employs several people.
她运营着一家成功的网站开发公司,拥有多名员工。
When she first started her firm and for several years thereafter, she would say, "I have a little web design company."
在创业初始以及之后几年,她总说自己有个“小小的网站设计公司”。
She'd actually use those words with clients. "I have a little web design company."
她真的也这样对客户说:“我有一家小小的网站设计公司。”
In this and in many other small ways,
通过这样的说法和其他细节,
she was diminishing her company in the eyes of prospects and clients, and diminishing herself.
她让潜在的客户、现有客户轻视了她的公司,也轻视了她自己。
It was really impacting her ability to earn what she was worth.
这影响到她应得的收入以及真正的价值。
I believe her language and her style communicated that she didn't believe she had much value to offer.
我认为由于她的语言和方式,表达着她自己也不相信自己有能力挖掘价值。
In her own words, she was practically giving her services away.
用她自己的说法,她简直在赠送自己公司的服务。
And so she began her journey to take responsibility for communicating value to clients and changing her message.
所以她开始行动,负起向客户传达价值的责任,并改变她的说话方式。
One thing I shared with her is that it's so important to find your own voice, a voice that's authentic and true to you.
我与她分享了一件非常重要的事:找到自己的声音,一个对你而言准确且真实的声音。
Don't try to channel your sister-in-law just because she's a great salesperson
不用学你善于销售的嫂子,
or your neighbor who tells a great joke if that's not who you are.
也不用学特别会说笑话的邻居,因为那都不是你。
Give up this notion that it's tooting your own horn. Make it about the other party.
试着放下“自吹自擂”的成见,从对方的角度观察。
Focus on serving and adding value, and it won't feel like bragging.
关注服务和价值的提升,就不会觉得自夸。
What do you love about what you do? What excites you about the work that you do?
你喜欢工作的哪部分?工作中什么事让你充满热情?
If you connect with that, communicating your value will come naturally.
如果将这些联系起来,必定会传递你的价值。
So she embraced her natural style, found her voice and changed her message.
于是她选择用自己最自然的方式,找到自己的声音,以及改变所传递的信息。
For one thing, she stopped calling herself a little web design company.
首先,她不再称自己有家小小的网络设计公司。
She really found a lot of strength and power in communicating her message.
她真的在信息沟通过程中获得了很多力量。
She's now charging three times as much for web design, and her business is growing.
现在她的网页设计收费是以前的三倍。而她的事业蒸蒸日上。
She told me about a recent meeting with a gruff and sometimes difficult client
她提起最近的一个会议,一个蛮横难缠的客户,
who had called a meeting questioning progress on search engine optimization.
在询问搜索引擎优化项目的进度。
She said in the old days, that would have been a really intimidating meeting for her, but her mindset was different.
如果是以前,这是她最害怕的会议。但现在心态不同了。
She said, she prepared the information, sat down with the client,
她说自己准备好资料,与客户坐下来,
said this isn't about me, it's not personal, it's about the client.
说这不是她自己的事,不针对个人,而是与客户相关。
She took them through the data, through the numbers, laid out the trends and the progress in her own voice and in her own way,
她给客户展示所有资料和数据,用她自己的声音和方式阐述趋势和进度,
but very directly said, "Here's what we've done for you."
用非常直接的方式说,“这些是我为贵公司做的工作。”
The client sat up and took notice, and said, "OK, I got it."
客户调整一下坐姿,表示明白,说:“好,我知道了。”
And she said in describing that meeting, "I didn't feel scared or panicky or small, which is how I used to feel.
她是这样形容那个会议的:“我一点都不害怕或紧张,也不觉得渺小,虽然我以前会这样感觉。
Instead I feel like, 'OK, I got this. I know what I'm doing. I'm confident.'"
这次我觉得自己“很好,胸有成竹,我清楚自己的工作,我有信心。”
Being properly valued is so important.
能被正确的评价是很重要的。
You can hear in this story that the implications range far beyond just finances into the realm of self-respect and self-confidence.
从这件事可以看出,影响范围不但超出了金钱,而且还进入了自尊自信的范畴。
Today I've told two stories, one about defining our value and the other about communicating our value,
今天我分享了两个故事:一个是确定自我价值;另一个是传达自我价值,
and these are the two elements to realizing our full earning potential. That's the equation.
这两个要素,让我们意识到了自己赚钱的潜力。这就是核心公式。
And if you're sitting in the audience today and you're not being paid what you're worth,
如果今天坐在观众席的你,拿到的薪水与你的价值不等,
I'd like to welcome you into this equation.
我欢迎你使用这个等式。
Just imagine what life could be like, how much more we could do,
想象一下生活会怎样变化,我们能更多地做些什么,
how much more we could give back, how much more we could plan for the future,
我们能更多地回赠些什么,能更多地为未来做出哪些计划,
how validated and respected we would feel if we could earn our full potential, realize our full value.
会发觉自己多踏实自信,如果我们能够获得与我们潜力相对应的收入,实现自我最大的价值。
No one will ever pay you what you're worth.
没有人会按你的价值买单。
They'll only ever pay you what they think you're worth, and you control their thinking. Thank you.
他们只按自己认可的你的价值买单。但你可以掌控他们的想法。谢谢。

分享到
重点单词
  • recommendvt. 建议,推荐,劝告 vt. 使成为可取,使受欢迎
  • prospectsn. 预期;前景;潜在顾客;远景展望
  • equationn. 相等,方程(式), 等式,均衡
  • essentialn. 要素,要点 adj. 必要的,重要的,本质的
  • convincedadj. 信服的
  • salespersonn. 售货员
  • calculatedadj. 计算出的;适合的;有计划的 v. 计算;估计;
  • profitabilityn. 赢利能力;利益率;收益性
  • excellencen. 优秀,卓越,优点
  • qualifiedadj. 有资格的,有限制的