为了更多的宽容 我们需要更多的旅游?
日期:2018-03-11 16:42

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

I'm a tourism entrepreneur and a peacebuilder, but this is not how I started.
我是一个旅游企业家以及和平建设者,不过我并不是一开始就做这行的。
When I was seven years old, I remember watching television and seeing people throwing rocks,
在我7岁那年,我记得在电视上看到别人丢石头,
and thinking, this must be a fun thing to do.
我在想:这一定很好玩!
So I got out to the street and threw rocks, not realizing I was supposed to throw rocks at Israeli cars.
于是我走到大街上去丢石头,而我不知道的是,我应该向以色列的车丢石头。
Instead, I ended up stoning my neighbors' cars.
而我却砸了我邻居的车。
They were not enthusiastic about my patriotism.
他们对我的这个爱国之举很无语。
This is my picture with my brother.
这是我跟我哥哥的照片。
This is me, the little one, and I know what you're thinking: "You used to look cute, what the heck happened to you?"
小的这个是我,我知道你在想什么:“你小时候挺可爱的,怎么长成了这样?”
But my brother, who is older than me, was arrested when he was 18, taken to prison on charges of throwing stones.
我的哥哥,他比我大一些,在他18岁的时候被捕了,他因丢石头被关进了监狱。
He was beaten up when he refused to confess that he threw stones,
当他拒绝承认他丢石头的时候,他遭到了猛打,
and as a result, had internal injuries that caused his death soon after he was released from prison.
结果他受了很严重了内伤,导致他出狱不久后就死了。
I was angry, I was bitter, and all I wanted was revenge.
我很生气,很愤愤不平,我只想报复。
But that changed when I was 18. I decided that I needed Hebrew to get a job,
不过这在我18岁的时候发生了改变。我决定我需要学好希伯来语并找到一份工作,
and going to study Hebrew in that classroom was the first time I ever met Jews who were not soldiers.
去课堂学习希伯来语,让我第一次见到不是士兵的犹太人。
And we connected over really small things, like the fact that I love country music, which is really strange for Palestinians.
我们很快找到了很多共同点,比如我爱乡村音乐,虽然这在巴勒斯坦人中是很罕见的。
But it was then that I realized also that we have a wall of anger, of hatred and of ignorance that separates us.
这段经历让我意识到我们之间有一睹由愤怒、仇恨和无知筑成的墙。
I decided that it doesn't matter what happens to me. What really matters is how I deal with it.
我意识到在我身上发生什么并不重要,重要的是我如何看待面对它。
And therefore, I decided to dedicate my life to bringing down the walls that separate people.
于是,我决定把自己的生命花在拆除这堵把我们分开的墙上。
I do so through many ways. Tourism is one of them, but also media and education,
我有几个不同的途径。旅游是其中一个,还有媒体和教育,
and you might be wondering, really, can tourism change things? Can it bring down walls? Yes.
你可能在想:真的吗?旅游能改变什么呢?它能拆除这些墙吗?是的!
Tourism is the best sustainable way to bring down those walls
旅游是最好的拆除这些墙的可持续途径,
and to create a sustainable way of connecting with each other and creating friendships.
旅游可以成为连接对方和创造友谊的可持续途径。
In 2009, I cofounded Mejdi Tours, a social enterprise that aims to connect people, with two Jewish friends, by the way,
在2009年,我帮助创办了Mejdi旅游,一个旨在把人与人连接起来的社会企业,对了,我是跟两个犹太朋友一起创办的。

为了更多的宽容 我们需要更多的旅游?

and what we'll do, the model we did, for example, in Jerusalem, we would have two tour guides,
我们是这样做的,比如在耶路撒冷,我们会有两个导游,
one Israeli and one Palestinian, guiding the trips together,
一个以色列人和一个巴勒斯坦人,一起提供讲解,
telling history and narrative and archaeology and conflict from totally different perspectives.
从完全不同的角度讲解历史、发生的故事、考古和冲突。
I remember running a trip together with a friend named Kobi -- Jewish congregation from Chicago, the trip was in Jerusalem
我记得和一个朋友Kobi一起讲解,这是给来自芝加哥的一个犹太人团队讲解,地点在耶路撒冷,
and we took them to a refugee camp, a Palestinian refugee camp, and there we had this amazing food.
我们把他们带到了一个难民区,一个巴勒斯坦难民区,在那里我们吃了无比美味的食物。
By the way, this is my mother. She's cool. And that's the Palestinian food called maqluba. It means "upside-down."
对了,这是我的妈妈。她人很好。这是巴勒斯坦食物maqluba,意思是“上下颠倒”。
You cook it with rice and chicken, and you flip it upside-down. It's the best meal ever. And we'll eat together.
这是把米饭和鸡肉放在一起煮,然后再倒过来,真是人间美味。我们会一起吃饭。
Then we had a joint band, Israeli and Palestinian musicians, and we did some belly-dancing.
接着我们有一个联合乐队,以色列和巴勒斯坦音乐人一起,我们还跳了肚皮舞。
If you don't know any, I'll teach you later.
如果你不知道怎么跳,我可以等下教你。
But when we left, both sides, they were crying because they did not want to leave.
等到我们离开的时候,所有的人都哭了,因为他们不想离开。
Three years later, those relationships still exist.
三年过去了,这些友谊还在。
Imagine with me if the one billion people who travel internationally every year travel like this,
请跟我一起想象一下,如果10亿人--也就是世界上每年旅行的人数,都这样旅行,
not being taken in the bus from one side to another, from one hotel to another,
不是坐在大巴上从一个目的地到另一个目的地,从一个酒店到另一个酒店,
taking pictures from the windows of their buses of people and cultures, but actually connecting with people.
在大巴上透过窗户拍窗外的人们和文化,而是融入到当地的人和文化里面。
You know, I remember having a Muslim group from the U.K. going to the house of an Orthodox Jewish family,
我记得一个来自英国的穆斯林团,进入到一个正统的犹太教家庭里面,
and having their first Friday night dinners, that Sabbath dinner,
他们吃了他们的第一顿星期五的安息日晚饭,
and eating together hamin, which is a Jewish food, a stew, just having the connection of realizing, after a while,
一起吃犹太食物hamin,也就是杂烩,并在不久后意识到,
that a hundred years ago, their families came out of the same place in Northern Africa.
一百年前,他们的祖先是从北非的同一个地方走出来的。
This is not a photo profile for your Facebook. This is not disaster tourism.
这不是一张你用来放在脸书上的头像照片。这不是灾区旅游。
This is the future of travel, and I invite you to join me to do that, to change your travel.
这是未来的旅游,我邀请你加入我们来改变你的旅游。
We're doing it all over the world now, from Ireland to Iran to Turkey,
我们现在正在世界各地倡导这种旅游,从爱尔兰到伊朗再到土耳其,
and we see ourselves going everywhere to change the world. Thank you.
我们可以看到我们必将前往各地去改变世界。谢谢!

分享到
重点单词
  • turkeyn. 土耳其 turkey n. 火鸡,笨蛋,失败之作
  • enthusiasticadj. 热情的,热心的
  • ignorancen. 无知
  • flipvt. 掷,弹,轻击 vi. 翻转 n. 空翻,浏览 a
  • congregationn. 集合,会合
  • stewn. 炖汤,焖,烦恼 v. 炖汤,焖,忧虑
  • archaeologyn. 考古学,古迹,文物
  • socialadj. 社会的,社交的 n. 社交聚会
  • orthodoxadj. 正(传)统的
  • jointadj. 联合的,共同的,合资的,连带的 n. 关节,接