TED十佳演讲之败中求胜 犯错的价值(10)
日期:2018-03-06 10:24

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

I mean, this is life. For good and for ill,
这就是我们的人生。无论好坏,
we generate these incredible stories about the world around us, and then the world turns around and astonishes us.
我们创造了那包围我们的世界,而世界转过头来,令我们大吃一惊。
No offense, but this entire conference is an unbelievable monument to our capacity to get stuff wrong.
说真的,这整个会议充斥着这样难以置信的时刻,我们一次又一次地意识到自己的错误。
We just spent an entire week talking about innovations and advancements and improvements,
我们花了整整一周讨论创新、进步和改善,
but you know why we need all of those innovations and advancements and improvements?
你知道我们为甚么需要这些创新进步和改善吗?
Because half the stuff that's the most mind-boggling and world-altering -- TED 1998 -- eh.
因为其中有一半来自最应该改变世界的98年的TED,呃。
Didn't really work out that way, did it?
真是出人意料之外啊,不是吗?
Where's my jet pack, Chris?
我的逃生火箭在哪,Chris?

犯错的价值

So here we are again. And that's how it goes. We come up with another idea.
于是我们又在这里。事情就是这样。我们重新想出其它点子。
We tell another story. We hold another conference.
我们有了新的故事。我们开了另一个会议。
The theme of this one, as you guys have now heard seven million times, is the rediscovery of wonder.
这次的主题是,如果你还没有听到耳朵出油的话,是重新找到想象的力量。
And to me, if you really want to rediscover wonder,
对我来说,如果你真的想重新找到想象的力量,
you need to step outside of that tiny, terrified space of rightness and look around at each other
你需要离开那个小小的、自我感觉良好的小圈圈,看看彼此,
and look out at the vastness and complexity and mystery of the universe and be able to say,
看看宇宙的广大无垠、复杂神秘,然后真正地说,
"Wow, I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong." Thank you.
“哇,我不知道。或许我错了。”谢谢各位。

视频及简介

演讲简介

每个人都会避免犯错,但或许避免犯错本身就是一种错误?“犯错家”凯瑟琳·舒尔茨告诉我们,或许我们不只该承认错误,更应该大力拥抱人性中“我错故我在”的本质。


分享到
重点单词
  • generatevt. 产生,发生,引起
  • mysteryn. 神秘,秘密,奥秘,神秘的人或事物
  • offensen. 过错,冒犯,触怒,犯规,犯罪,进攻
  • rediscovervt. 重新发现
  • conferencen. 会议,会谈,讨论会,协商会
  • universen. 宇宙,万物,世界
  • incredibleadj. 难以置信的,惊人的
  • complexityn. 复杂,复杂性,复杂的事物
  • capacityn. 能力,容量,容积; 资格,职位 adj. (达到最
  • themen. 题目,主题