(单词翻译:单击)
What was it that we did wrong, officer?
警官,我们到底哪里违规了?
You crossed. Take your camera and point it across there at the red hand.
你们横穿马路 。拿着你们的相机往那边拍 。
That is a crosswalk. 1. you weren't in the crosswalk. 2. There was a red sign; you both crossed it.
那边有人行横道 。一,你们没有走人行横道 。二,刚才明明是红灯,你们还是过了马路 。
That's a 65 dollar ticket a piece. Get into my car. You are being legally detained.
每人处65美元罚款 。你们被合法拘留了,上车 。
We just crossed the street, we just crossed the street without following the sign. That was it. And we got stopped.
我们只是过了个马路,只是没有按照交通信号过马路而已,就被拦下来了 。
The young man in this video's name is Devonte Shipman. And he was stopped right here in Jacksonville, Florida.
视频中的年轻小伙子是Devonte Shipman 。他就是在这里,也就是佛罗里达的杰克逊维尔被拦住的 。
And threatened with jail time for essentially, jaywalking.
还被给了拘留警告,说到底就因为他乱穿马路 。
You did do something illegal. You crossed the crosswalk. Yeah, I crossed the crosswalk. Against a red hand.
你们确实违法了 。你们过马路了,是的,我们是过马路了 。还是在红灯的时候过的 。
I was sitting right there when you did it.
当时我就坐在那里的 。
I wasn't paying no attention that's not...you act like I really just committed a serious crime that's worth this time right now.
我当时没注意到是红灯,又不是什么……你弄得好像我罪恶滔天似的,是不是有点小题大做了?
It is worth the time. Walk to my car. I'm about to put you in jail.
我没有小题大做,走,跟我上车 。等着坐牢吧你 。
It's not often we report on jaywalking. It's a minor infraction. We've even seen cops do it.
我们报道横穿马路的时间并不多 。因为这只是个小毛病 。警察自己也会横穿马路 。
Shipman would later say one of the officers told him he was just stopping him to make sure he didn't have any guns, knives, or drugs on him.
Shipman后来说,有警官告诉他,他之所以被拦下,只是警方想确认他是否携带了枪支、刀具或毒品 。
They even questioned why his friend was wearing a hoodie.
他们甚至对他朋友穿连帽卫衣的事都不放过 。
You want me to wallk around with no shirt? Then I'm gonna look more suspicious.
你们希望我光着身子出门吗?那样我岂不是更可疑了?
That's up to you.
那是你自己的事 。
No. Apparently you don't even have free will anymore. No shirt would make more sense to me than a hooie.
才不是 。明摆着我们一点儿自由都没了 。我倒觉得不穿衣服也比穿连帽卫衣正常 。
Damn this crazy.
太特么无语了 。
Nigger can't even walk across the street. I guess cuz a nigger is black and you can't do that.
黑人过个马路都不行 。大概是因为黑人皮肤是黑的,就不能过吧 。
I guess like I look like I'm doing something wrong.
大概我长得就像在做坏事吧 。
Shipman's story isn't unique. And it led us to question, exactly how many people here in Jacksonville have experienced walking while black.
Shipman的问题并非偶然 。我们不禁要怀疑,杰克逊维尔到底有多少人有“行走中的黑人”的问题 。
Listen to me. I am doing you a favor. I'm not telling you again.
听着,我是在帮你们,下次可没有这么轻松了 。
You got your ID on you? No, I don't.
你带身份证了吗?没带 。
What's your name? Devonte Shipman.
你叫什么名字?Devonte Shipman
Alright so there's another infraction.
好吧,你还有一项违法行为 。
In the state of Florida, you have to have an ID card on you identifying who you are.
在佛罗里达,个人必须随身携带能够证明你身份的身份证 。
I can detain you up to seven hours until I can figure out who you are.
在我查明你的身份之前,我可以判你多达7小时的拘留 。
Not only was Shipman given a 62 dollar ticket for failing to obey a pedestrian signal,
Shipman不仅因为不遵守步行规则被处以62美元的罚款,
he was also cited for walking without an ID, which harkens back to troubling racist laws.
还因没有随身携带身份证被记录在案,这不禁让人会想起过去某些歧视性法律法规 。
And to be clear it's actually a citation that's meant for motorists.
而实际上,他的案底其实是针对骑摩托车的人的 。
but the cop tried to give that ticket to Shipman anyway.
但警察偏偏给Shipman开了这项罚单 。
That charge was eventually dropped.
这一指控最终被撤销了 。
The video struck a chord with thousands of people who shared it,
这一视频引起了成千上万与Shipman有同样遭遇的人的共鸣,
and here in Jacksonville many people can relate to Shipman's story.
而在杰克逊维尔,很多人都有类似经历 。
Why would you stop two black men crossing that intersection?
警察为什么要拦下两个横穿马路的黑人?
I was shocked because it's like I didn't really think people actually get ticketed for things like this.
我很惊讶,因为说实话,我没想到会因为这种事情处罚单 。
You know what I mean like especially not in that area you got people that cross that intersection day and night, like continuously,
我说的是就那个区域而言,因为无论白天晚上,那里都不断有人乱穿马路 。
so I'm trying to figure out like why was this cop at this moment stopping us.
所以,我想弄清楚的是,为什么这个警察会在这里时候拦下我们 。
In Florida there are 28 laws pedestrians must observe while walking.
在佛罗里达,人们在走路时要遵守的规定多达28项 。
They include everything from jaywalking to walking on the wrong side of the road
从横穿马路,到逆行,
to failing to cross the road at a right angle or the shortest route.
到不按直角穿越马路或者不走最短路线 。
Yes, that's a thing.
没错,规定很明确 。