(单词翻译:单击)
演讲文本
I think this is a problem. I think it's a problem for each of us as individuals, in our personal and professional lives,
我认为这是个问题。我认为这是每个人私人生活和职业生活中的问题,
and I think it's a problem for all of us collectively as a culture.
我认为我们身为群体,这也造成了文化问题。
So what I want to do today is, first of all, talk about why we get stuck inside this feeling of being right.
于是,我今天想做的是,先谈谈为什么我们会陷在这种自以为是的心态中。
And second, why it's such a problem.
第二是为什么这是个问题。
And finally, I want to convince you that it is possible to step outside of that feeling and that if you can do so,
最后我想说服大家,克服这种感觉是可能的,而且一旦你做到了,
it is the single greatest moral, intellectual and creative leap you can make.
这将成为你道德上、智性上和创意上最大的进步。
So why do we get stuck in this feeling of being right?
为什么我们会陷在这种自以为是的心态中?
One reason, actually, has to do with a feeling of being wrong.
事实上这和犯错的感觉有关。
So let me ask you guys something -- or actually, let me ask you guys something, because you're right here:
我想问问你们,让我问问台上的你们,
How does it feel -- emotionally -- how does it feel to be wrong?
当你意识到自己犯错了,你感觉如何?
Dreadful. Thumbs down. Embarrassing. Okay, wonderful, great. Dreadful, thumbs down, embarrassing
糟透了。很差劲。难堪。很好,是的。很糟糕,很差劲,很难堪。
thank you, these are great answers, but they're answers to a different question.
谢谢你们提供这些答案,但这些答案没有回答我的问题。
You guys are answering the question: How does it feel to realize you're wrong?
你们回答的问题是:当你意识到你犯错的时候,你的感觉如何?
Realizing you're wrong can feel like all of that and a lot of other things, right?
意识到你犯错了就会有刚刚所说的这些感觉,不是吗?
I mean it can be devastating, it can be revelatory, it can actually be quite funny, like my stupid Chinese character mistake.
令人沮丧,暴露了一些真实,有时候甚至有些好笑,就像我误以为路牌是中文。
But just being wrong doesn't feel like anything.
但犯错本身,事实上毫无感觉。
视频及简介
演讲简介:
每个人都会避免犯错,但或许避免犯错本身就是一种错误?“犯错家”凯瑟琳·舒尔茨告诉我们,或许我们不只该承认错误,更应该大力拥抱人性中“我错故我在”的本质。