美众议院议长保罗·莱恩留胡子引热议
日期:2018-02-12 07:58

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载
YLe*C_AOre4C0[J1H|cgpMytF3Tx^s7zS]LJI

As many of you know, we don't always do political stories on the show
你们很多人都知道 我们节目中不怎么谈政治
but there's a breaking political development that we simply could not ignore.
但最近有条我们绝对不能忽视的突发性政治事件发生了
It's something that hasn't happened in nearly 100 years.
这是在将近100年里没有发生过的事情
And the truth is if you're watching now, I'm sure Stephen Colbert probably already covered it.
如果你现在在看节目 我相信扣扣熊可能已经报道过了
You probably heard about it on the daily show.
可能《每日秀》也说过了
But we really feel it would be wrong if we didn't highlight it somehow.
但如果我们不强调一下这条新闻的话是不行的
Because on Monday, Paul Ryan, who is the new speaker of the House, showed up to congress with a brand new beard.
就在周一 众议院议长保罗·莱恩在国会现身时脸上有着胡须
Yeah. Yeah. We tackle the big stories, guys. That's what we do.
嗯 是的 我们总是能够捕捉到真正的大新闻
Paul Ryan is calling this is hunting beard.
保罗·莱恩把这个胡子叫做狩猎胡
But honestly, I think a beard is a weird look for a politician.
但说真的 我觉得政治家留胡子看起来会很奇怪

4q#!n+HXY9K

美众议院议长保罗·莱恩留胡子引热议

8VO,8.Cf*fNI|;!ORB

It really like—it makes them look like they're going through something. You know?
就像——留着胡子的人总让人觉得他们在面临什么难题
Nobody wants a congressman who looks like he's going to start every meeting with,
没有人希望国会议员看起来好像开会前第一句话就要说
I'm sorry, I haven't been getting much sleep since Jennifer left me.
抱歉 詹妮弗离开了我 所以我没睡好
You guys haven't talked to Jennifer, have you?
你们没跟詹妮弗说过话吧 是吧
Do you heard from her? Do you have any scotch?
你有她的消息吗 你有酒吗
Now, you guys already know this,
你们知道
but this is the first speaker of the House to have any facial hair since republican Frederick Jillette,
这是自共和党的弗雷德里克·吉列之后第一位脸上有毛发的众议院议长
yes who led the House from 1919 until, that's right, 1925!
吉列做议长的时间是1919年到 没错 就是1925年
You are a smart audience. Well done. Well done.
你们太聪明了 干得漂亮
It's a tough one. You got that.
这问题很难的 但你们还是答对了
Now incidentally, Paul Ryan is also the first politician in 100 years to have a beard that isn't his wife.
巧合的是 保罗·莱恩也是100年来第一个留胡子却不把胡子当爱人的政治家
What?
你们说啥
But I guess, the truth is—
但我猜 真相是——
I guess this is just a reminder that your politicians used to be way hairier.
他只是在想提醒你们 美国以前的政治家毛发旺盛多了
I mean have a look at your 19th president, Rutherford B. Hayes.
看看你们的第9届总统 拉瑟福德·海斯
There he is there.
就是这个
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that guy doesn't even have a mouth.
嗯 我确定这个人根本没有嘴
But he doesn't look like the president of the United States.
但他看起来不像美国总统啊
He looks like emperor of the duck dynasty.
他看起来像是鸭子王朝的皇帝
But if Paul Ryan has a hunting beard, maybe because he's taking a trip to Michigan soon
但如果保罗·莱恩的是狩猎胡 他可能很快就要去密歇根州了
because due to a surge in hunting over winter in Michigan's upper peninsula,
因为由于密歇根州上半岛冬猎活动增多
strip clubs in that area are seeing a dramatic rise in business.
那里的脱衣舞俱乐部快速发展
Basically, these men go from hunting Bambi during the day to helping her pay for college at night.
基本上 这些人白天出去打猎 晚上就来资助脱衣女郎上大学
Thank you, Guillermo. I appreciate that.
谢谢 吉列尔莫 那段音乐不错
But according to the article, some of these hunters just want to talk to the girls and often tip the strippers with pizza.
但根据文章说的 一些猎户只是来跟姑娘们聊聊天 用披萨当小费
Pizza and no sex?
用披萨当小费 不发生关系
That's not a strip club.
这可不是脱衣舞俱乐部
That's me at college.
这是在上大学的我
That's me almost now.
基本上也是现在的我
How do you even tip with a pizza? How do you do that? Are you like—
你们怎么用披萨当小费的 这样——
Actually, you were really good.
实际上 你们都很棒
But with all of this activity happening, they're calling it stripper season on Michigan's upper peninsula.
有了这些活动 他们把这个事件叫做密歇根州上半岛的脱衣舞季
I don't even want to think about what's happening in their lower peninsula.
简直不想想他们的下半岛是什么样
Thank you. One of my own.
谢谢 以上责任在我

|nobTnePO;qCFm,sJ9qQAkM00nhW&Ih|F|FfG~%F,,&!Yn
分享到