什么是病理解剖学博物馆
日期:2017-12-04 08:10

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载
|#QN6U2eSAFJ8A.F&HmG@0!k%

I think people now are more afraid of death than they've ever been
我觉得,现在的人比以往任何时候都害怕死亡
because they're not familiar with it. Because it seems like this exotic other.
因为他们不了解死亡,死亡似乎是一个异域世界
If every single person who has ever lived has died, it can't be that bad, right?
如果每个曾经活着的人都死了,情况也不会太糟糕吧,对吗?
I can't imagine how one wouldn't be fascinated by death.
我想像不到有谁会对死亡不感兴趣
My name is Joanna Ebenstein.
我是乔安娜·艾本斯坦
I'm the Creative Director and co-founder of the Morbid Anatomy Museum.
我是病理解剖学博物馆的创意总监和联名创始人
The name Morbid Anatomy seems to suggest to a lot of people
病例解剖学博物馆这个名字听上去,很多人都会觉得应该
something more like the American Morbidity Museum in American Horror Story.
更像是《美国恐怖故事》里的美国病理学博物馆那样的
And so, people will come in and be like, “Where are the dead babies?”
所以,来参观的人的反应都是,“婴儿死尸在哪儿?”
And we're like “No, we don't have dead babies here.”
我们的回答是“没有,我们这儿没有婴儿死尸”
There's two parts in the museum:
这个博物馆有两部分
There's the temporary exhibition which is always borrowed from different private collectors.
一个是临时展览馆,里面的东西通常都是从不同的私人藏家那里借来的
And there's this room we're in which is the Morbid Anatomy Library.
另一个就是我们现在所在的“病例解剖学图书馆”
d

X@(2GvyO.Wo_NIvv1

I think a lot of people who like this project
我觉得,喜欢这个博物馆的人里,
are people who had to choose at a certain point between art and science.
很多都是需要在艺术和科学之间选择一个平衡点的人
I always wanted to be a scientist and I wanted to be an artist.
我一直都想成为一名科学家,我也想成为一名艺术家
So I'm always interested and drawn to artifacts from time periods before those things were divided up.
所以,我通常都会艺术和科学分家之前的那些时期的古董感兴趣
These ideas that death and beauty, art and science, cute and horrific, have to be separate.
死亡和美,艺术和科学,可爱和恐怖这些概念都得区分开来
When I was a kid I loved animals. And I loved live animals, I loved my cat.
小时候我就非常喜欢动物,我不仅喜欢活的动物,比如我的猫
But also I loved looking at animals at the Natural History Museum that were in a jar in formaldehyde.
我也喜欢看自然历史博物馆里那些泡在甲醛里的那些动物
My college friends would call me morbid because I liked to pick up roadkill and preserve the skins.
我大学同学会叫我“变态”,因为我喜欢收集被碾死的尸体,把他们的皮保留下来
I never stopped doing it.
这个习惯我一直没停过
But I was cognizant of the fact that people thought I was a freak.
但是我有意识到人们对我的这种看法
Really through starting the museum,
真的是通过创立这个博物馆
that's when I really discovered there were so many more people like me than I ever suspected.
我才真正发现在我意料之外,有那么多人跟我一样

pbmmOoOWnz_@,qSUD.[2F%8]LL#&.tltMf
分享到