(单词翻译:单击)
"The only trouble is," I say, "it's always so busy during the lunch hour."
我说,“唯一的不便之处是,午饭时间那儿总是非常忙” 。
The lunch hour, in most American companies, is from noon to one or 1:30, or 11:30 in the morning to maybe one o'clock in the afternoon.
在大多数的美国公司里,午饭时间是从中午十二点到下午一点或一点半,或者是从上午十一点半到下午一点 。
It's usually longer than an hour, though in some companies, you only get one hour.
午饭时间通常超过一个小时,但是,在有些公司里,你只有一个小时 。
Some companies, you only get 30 minutes to eat.
还有些公司,你只有三十分钟的吃饭时间 。
"I always have to stand in line" because it's so busy.
“我总是要排队”,因为那儿总是非常忙 。
To stand in line means to wait behind other people.
“排队”是在他人身后等待的意思 。
In England, they would say to queue; in the US we say to stand in line.
在英国,人们会称之为“queue”;在美国,我们称之为“stand in line”.
I say, "That's usually a pain."
我说,“排队通常是件令人头痛的事” 。
When we say something is a pain, "pain," we mean that it's very inconvenient or uncomfortable — something you do not like.
当我们说某事令人头痛(pain)的时候,我们是指那件事很麻烦或令人不舒服——某件你不喜欢的事 。
People will also say a pain in the neck or a pain in the butt, "butt."
人们还会用“a pain in the neck”或“a pain in the butt”来形容 。
Those are the same basic meanings.
那些短语的本意相同 。
Something that's a pain in the neck or a pain in the butt means it's not something that you like, it's very inconvenient.
某事让人“脖子痛”或“屁股痛”,意味着它不是你喜欢的事,它很麻烦 。
译文为可可英语翻译,未经授权请勿转载!