不善交际的人如何建立人脉关系
日期:2017-11-23 14:13

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

It's that time again. You need another internship to bolster your college applications.
又到了那一时刻。你需要得到另一个实习机会,为你的大学申请“添彩”。
Last year you worked at a local art museum, helping organize their collection and giving tours to visitors.
去年你在一个当地的艺术博物馆里,帮助他们整理藏品,并为来访者引导、讲解。
This year, it's going to be much more difficult.
今年看来难度大了许多。
You want to work on an organic farm across the country in California. That's your real passion.
你想横跨美国,到加利福尼亚州的有机农场工作。那才是你真正的热情所在。
Unfortunately, your friends' list of contacts doesn't include organic farmers.
不幸的是,在所有你认识的人当中,没有一个是有机农场主。
The same for your parents' group of friends.
包括你父母的社交圈也是这样。
They want to help you, but they simply don't know of any internships in agriculture.
你的父母想帮助你,但在农业方面找实习机会,他们也是无能为力。
The school counselor, she just laughed. To make your farming dreams come true,
学校的辅导老师就更不用说了,她只会嘲笑你。要使你到农场实习的梦想成真,
you're going to have to press beyond your strong ties,
你要超越你固有的关系群,
people like your family and closest friends, and try tapping into your weaker ties.
比如你的家人和最亲密的朋友,而是要渗透到比较疏远的关系群体。
Weak ties are a broader network, your friends of friends of friends.
这种群体是一个更加广泛的网络,比如,你的朋友的朋友的朋友。
They're important because they have access to resources that your strong ties don't have.
他们很重要,因为他们拥有的人脉资源是你已有的关系网中没有的。
This works in both directions, by the way -- you have access to resources that they don't have.
顺便提一下,这种关系应该是互利互惠的--你也有他们没有的“资源”。
Let's say most people speak to three close friends on a regular basis.
比如说,大多数人一般都有三个亲密的朋友。
Each time you reach beyond the next degree of contacts, you have access to three more people,
每次你接触到你好友的好友们,你又多认识了三个人,
like a tree that branches out three times per node, so you can look beyond your closest circles.
就像一棵树的节点上长出三个分枝,所以你可以尝试超越你最熟悉的小圈子。

不善交际的人如何建立人脉关系

During the last family get-together,
在上次家庭聚会期间,
didn't you hear that your aunt's friend studied lighting with a nature photographer on the West Coast?
你没听到你姑妈的朋友跟一个从西海岸来的风景摄影师学习采光吗?
In fact, you recall this because you saw a recent image by said photographer on the front cover of 'The New York Times'.
事实上,你之所以记起此事,是因为你看到《纽约时报》 的封面上一张由这位摄影师拍摄的照片。
So, you email him and learn that the photographer's wife's cousin publishes a sustainability magazine,
所以,你给他发了电子邮件,随后了解到他妻子的表兄出版了一刊可持续杂志
which employs a staff writer who pitches on a local baseball team with an umpire who, wait for it, is an organic farmer.
雇用的一个作家是当地棒球队的投球手,他认识的一个裁判,等等,是一个有机农场主。
Bingo! Get ready to trade in those cuff links for some apple seeds, all because you reached out to your weak ties.
大功告成!准备好那些袖扣,去换你的苹果种子吧,这一切都是因为你接触到了不太熟悉的关系圈。
That's your key, remember? Every conversation is an opportunity.
这就是你的诀窍。记住了吗?每次对话都是一个机会。
Moreover, don't wait for opportunity, make it happen. Take Kathryn Minshew for example.
此外,不要等待机会,而是去创造机会。以凯瑟琳·明斯为例。
She went from not knowing anyone at Yahoo to three warm introductions to major executives in 30 days.
刚到雅虎时,她谁都不认识,但仅仅30天,她就被三次介绍给主要高管认识。
Here are her suggestions for three steps to networking.
下面是她建立社交网络的三个步骤。
1.Always say yes to invitations, even if it's not clear what you'll get out of the meeting.
一、总是接受邀请,即使并不清楚你要去干什么。
Many of Kathryn's most productive relationships resulted from a meeting or call without a clear agenda.
许多凯瑟琳的最富有成效的关系,都是从一个没有明确议程的会议或电话得到的。
2.When you want something, broadcast it to everyone you meet.
二、当你想要什么的时候,告诉每个你遇到的人。
That doesn't mean you beg everyone for help as soon as you meet them, but talk about what you're trying to do.
这并不意味着你每见到一个人就开始求助,而是谈论你想做什么。
Be excited, ask for feedback, and try to get them excited too.
积极地征求反馈意见,并尝试让他们也一样感兴趣。
3.Show up and often. Be at the forefront of other's minds when opportunities arise.
三、经常出现。当机会出现时,让人们首先想到你。
You don't want to be that person who only shows up when he needs something.
你不会想成为那种只在需要别人帮助的时候才出现的人。
Be the one that people think of and want to reach out to when a new opportunity presents itself.
做一个每当新的机会出现时,容易被人想到又容易接触到的人吧!
So while networking may not be the most intuitive, or even for some of you introverts, the most comfortable skill,
所以,虽然建立关系网可能不是最自然--甚至对于一些内向型的人来说不是最让人舒服的技能,
it's a helpful tool to have as you think about getting a job, going to school, or most importantly, learning from others. Good luck!
但它却是你在考虑找工作、上学,最重要的是,向别人学习时的重要工具。祝你好运!

分享到
重点单词
  • passionn. 激情,酷爱
  • organizev. 组织
  • opportunityn. 机会,时机
  • networkn. 网络,网状物,网状系统 vt. (以网络)覆
  • photographern. 摄影师
  • conversationn. 会话,谈话
  • organicadj. 器官的,有机的,根本的,接近自然的 n. 有机
  • umpiren. 裁判员,仲裁人 vt. 为 ... 裁决/仲裁 v
  • baseballn. 棒球
  • bolstern. 长枕,靠垫 vt. 支持,鼓励