身份案(MP3+中英字幕) 第14期:一位女性委托者(10)
日期:2017-11-07 11:00

(单词翻译:单击)

"I shall glance into the case for you," said Holmes, rising, "and I have no doubt that we shall reach some definite result.
福尔摩斯边站起来边说道:"我要为你办这件案子,我们一定会得到结果的,这点毫无疑问。
Let the weight of the matter rest upon me now, and do not let your mind dwell upon it further.
现在让我来挑起这副担子吧,你就用不着再操心了。
Above all, try to let Mr. Hosmer Angel vanish from your memory, as he has done from your life."
尤其重要的是,让霍斯默先生从你的记忆中消失吧,就象他从你的生活中消失了一样。"
"Then you don't think I'll see him again?" "I fear not."
"那么,您想我不会再见到他了吗?""恐怕不会了。"
"Then what has happened to him?"
"那么,他出了什么事呢?"
"You will leave that question in my hands.
"你把这个问题交给我好了。
I should like an accurate description of him and any letters of his which you can spare."
我愿意得到关于这个人的准确的描述,还要你现在保留的他的信件。"

福尔摩斯探案集 身份案

"I advertised for him in last Saturday's Chronicle," said she. "Here is the slip and here are four letters from him."
她说:"我在上星期六的《纪事报》上登过寻找他的广告。这就是这条广告,这里还有他的四封来信。"
"Thank you. And your address?" "No. 31 Lyon Place, Camberwell."
"谢谢你。你的通信地址呢?""坎伯韦尔区,里昂街31号。"
"Mr. Angel's address you never had, I understand. Where is your father's place of business?"
"我知道你从来没有过安吉尔先生的地址,那么,你父亲的工作地点在哪里呢?"
"He travels for Westhouse And Marbank, the great claret importers of Fenchurch Street."
"他是芬丘奇特的法国红葡萄酒大进口商韦斯特豪斯·马班克商行的旅行推销员。"
"Thank you. You have made your statement very clearly.
"谢谢你。你已经把情况说得很清楚。
You will leave the papers here, and remember the advice which I have given you.
请你把这些文件留下来,记住我给你的劝告。
Let the whole incident be a sealed book, and do not allow it to affect your life."
这整个事件就这样了结了,不要让它影响你的生活。"
"You are very kind, Mr. Holmes, but I cannot do that.
"福尔摩斯先生,你对我太好了,可是这个我做不到。
I shall be true to Hosmer. He shall find me ready when he comes back."
我要忠实于霍斯默。他一回来我就要和他结婚。"

分享到
重点单词
  • addressn. 住址,致词,讲话,谈吐,(处理问题的)技巧 vt.
  • affectvt. 影响,作用,感动
  • incidentn. 事件,事变,插曲 adj. 难免的,附带的
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • slipv. 滑倒,溜走,疏忽,滑脱 n. 滑倒,溜走,疏忽,失
  • spareadj. 多余的,闲置的,备用的,简陋的 v. 抽出,饶
  • vanishvi. 消失,不见了,绝迹 vt. 消失
  • statementn. 声明,陈述
  • definiteadj. 明确的,确切的,有把握的
  • glancev. 一瞥,扫视,匆匆一看,反光,闪烁,掠过 n. 一瞥