特朗普每周电视讲话:宪法纪念周(3)
日期:2017-10-24 09:35

(单词翻译:单击)

the idea that government's power is vested in the nation's citizens - the people to whom we owe our ultimate and sacred allegiance.
即:政府的权力归属国家的公民-对国民,我们毫无保留、忠贞不二。
Our soldiers fight and die to protect our citizens,
我们的士兵为了保护公民而奋斗,
and our government is forever duty-bound to safeguard their sovereignty and their freedom.
我们的政府永远有义务维护公民的权利和自由。
For 230 years, we have governed ourselves and planned our own destiny,
230年来,在宪法许可的范围内,我们自我管理,
guarded all the way by the Constitution of the United States.
自主规划命运及其他一切事物。
On this Sunday, Constitution Day, let us recommit ourselves to our Founding Principles, and rededicate ourselves to our glorious heritage.
本周日,即宪法日,让我们对着建国原则再次宣誓,再次继承光荣的传统。
We have inherited a birthright of freedom
我们继承了基本的自由--我们必须以神之国度的名义
we must defend it dearly, protect it jealously, and promote it proudly, as one nation under God.
誓死捍卫这份自由,小心翼翼地呵护这份自由,自豪地发扬这份自由。
We must rise to the task of self-governance, prove worthy of the sacrifices made to carve out this magnificent nation,
我们必须坚持人民自治,证明为了这个伟大国度的发展作出的牺牲是值得的,
and we must give our loyalty to our Republic and its citizens in all that we do.
我们的一切所为还必须忠于共和,忠于人民。
So, let us pledge allegiance to our flag, devote our hearts to our country,
因此,让我们共同起誓,我们是美国人,我们热爱我们的国家,
and demonstrate our love for one another - as Americans, as patriots, and as the children of God.Thank you!
我们是天之骄子,我们效忠国家、为国捐躯、热爱人民。谢谢大家!

分享到
重点单词
  • loyaltyn. 忠诚,忠心
  • carvev. 雕刻,切割
  • demonstratevt. 示范,演示,证明 vi. 示威
  • constitutionn. 组织,宪法,体格
  • ultimaten. 终极,根本,精华 adj. 终极的,根本的,极限的
  • safeguardn. 保卫者,保护措施 vt. 保卫,保护
  • protectvt. 保护,投保
  • sacredadj. 神圣的,受尊重的
  • flagn. 旗,旗帜,信号旗 vt. (以旗子)标出 v. 无
  • promotevt. 促进,提升,升迁; 发起; 促销