经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第255期
日期:2017-10-13 12:09

(单词翻译:单击)

I obeyed. Mr. Rochester stood in the gallery holding a light.
我照他说的做了。罗切斯特先生端着灯,站在走廊上。
"I want you," he said, "come this way, take your time, and make no noise."
"我需要你帮忙,"他说,"这边走,慢一点,别出声。"
My slippers were thin. I could walk the matted floor as softly as a cat.
我穿的是一双很薄的拖鞋。走在铺好席子的地板上,轻得像只猫。
He glided up the gallery and up the stairs, and stopped in the dark, low corridor of the fateful third storey.
他溜过走廊,上了楼梯,在多事的三楼幽暗低矮的走廊上,停住了脚步。
I had followed and stood at his side.
我尾随着,站在他旁边。
"Have you a sponge in your room?" he asked in a whisper. Yes, sir.
"你房间里有没有海绵?"他低声耳语道。有,先生。
Have you any salts — volatile salts? Yes.
有没有盐 — 易挥发的盐?有的。
Go back and fetch both.
回去把这两样都拿来。

经典文学《简·爱》

I returned, sought the sponge on the washstand, the salts in my drawer, and once more retraced my steps. He still waited.
我回到房间,从脸盆架上找到了海绵,从抽屉里找到了食盐,并顺原路返回。他依旧等待着。
He held a key in his hand. Approaching one of the small, black doors, he put it in the lock; he paused, and addressed me again.
手里拿了把钥匙。他走近其中一扇黑色的小门,把钥匙插进锁孔,却又停下来同我说起话来。
You don't turn sick at the sight of blood?
见到血你不会恶心吧?
I think I shall not. I have never been tried yet.
我想不会吧,我从来没有经历过。
I felt a thrill while I answered him, but no coldness, and no faintness.
我回答时不觉毛骨愧然,不过没有打寒颤,也没有头晕。
"Just give me your hand," he said, "it will not do to risk a fainting fit." I put my fingers into his.
"把手伸给我,"他说,"可不能冒让你昏倒的危险。"我把手指放在他手里。
"Warm and steady," was his remark.
"温暖而沉着"便是他的评价。

分享到
重点单词
  • drawern. 抽屉,拖曳者,制图员,开票人 (复)drawers
  • whispern. 低语,窃窃私语,飒飒的声音 vi. 低声说,窃窃私
  • spongen. 海绵,海绵状的东西 vt. 用海绵擦拭,吸收掉,抹
  • galleryn. 美术馆,画廊,顶层楼座,狭长的房间
  • steadyadj. 稳定的,稳固的,坚定的 v. 使稳固,使稳定,
  • volatileadj. 挥发性的,反复无常的,易变的,易爆的 n. 挥
  • corridorn. 走廊