构成英雄的条件是什么?
日期:2017-09-30 20:31

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

What do Harry Potter, Katniss Everdeen, and Frodo, all have in common with the heroes of ancient myths?
哈利·波特,凯尼斯·艾佛丁,佛罗多,这些角色和古代神话英雄有什么共同点?
What if I told you they are all variants of the same hero?
如果我说他们其实是同一个英雄的化身呢?
Do you believe that? Joseph Campbell did.
你相信吗?约瑟夫·坎贝尔信了。
He studied myths from all over the world and published a book called 'The Hero with a Thousand Faces,'
他研究世界神话,出版了一本名为《千面英雄》的书,
retelling dozens of stories and explaining how each represents the mono-myth, or Hero's Journey.
书中重述了好几个故事,解释每个故事是如何表现一元神话或英雄之旅。
So, what is the 'hero's journey'? Think of it as a cycle.
那么,什么是英雄之旅?把它想成是一种循环的过程。
The journey begins and ends in a hero's ordinary world,
英雄之旅的起始和结束,都在英雄的平凡世界,
but the quest passes through an unfamiliar, special world.
但冒险旅程却发生在另一个陌生特别的世界中。
Along the way, there are some key events. Think about your favorite book or movie.
旅程中会发生一些大事。想一想你最喜欢的书或电影。
Does it follow this pattern? Status quo, that's where we start.
是不是符合这个公式呢?现状,是开始的地方。
1:00: Call to Adventure. The hero receives a mysterious message. An invitation, a challenge?
一点钟:冒险开始。英雄接到了一则神秘讯息。一封邀请函,或是一场挑战?
2:00: Assistance. The hero needs some help, probably from someone older, wiser.
两点钟:支援出现。英雄需要帮手,或许是哪位年长的智者。
3:00: Departure. The hero crosses the threshold from his normal, safe home,
三点钟:启程。英雄步出平凡安稳的家门,
and enters the special world and adventure. We're not in Kansas anymore.
踏入不凡的世界展开冒险。我们再也不在老家了
4:00: Trials. Being a hero is hard work: our hero solves a riddle, slays a monster, escapes from a trap.
四点钟:考验。当英雄可不简单,要能解谜,杀死怪物,逃脱陷阱。
5:00: Approach. It's time to face the biggest ordeal, the hero's worst fear.
五点钟:任务。此时,英雄面对最严峻考验,面对内心的恐惧。
6:00: Crisis. This is the hero's darkest hour.
六点钟:危机。这是最黑暗的时刻。
He faces death and possibly even dies, only to be reborn.
英雄要面对死亡,甚至为了能够重生,必须先死过一次。

构成英雄的条件是什么?

7:00: Treasure. As a result, the hero claims some treasure, special recognition, or power.
七点钟:宝物。渡过危难,英雄会获得一些宝物,特别的认知,或是力量。
8:00: Result. This can vary between stories.
八点钟;结果。每个故事各有不同。
Do the monsters bow down before the hero, or do they chase him as he flees from the special world?
是怪物俯首称臣,还是怪物紧追不放、英雄逃离这个特别的世界?
9:00: Return. After all that adventure, the hero returns to his ordinary world.
九点钟:荣归。结束冒险旅程后,英雄回归平凡。
10:00: New Life. This quest has changed the hero; he has outgrown his old life.
十点钟:新人生。这趟旅程改变了英雄,他再也不是昔日吴下阿蒙。
11:00: Resolution. All the tangled plot lines get straightened out.
十一点钟:解答。所有未解环节终于被一一解开。
12:00: Status Quo, but upgraded to a new level.
十二点钟:现状,但提升到新的水平。
Nothing is quite the same once you are a hero.
一旦成为英雄,所有事都不一样了。
Many popular books and movies follow this ancient formula pretty closely.
许多畅销书和电影都十分贴近这样的公式。
But let's see how well 'The Hunger Games' fits the hero's journey template.
现在我们来看看《饥饿游戏》如何完美地套用这个英雄公式。
When does Katniss Everdeen hear her call to adventure that gets the story moving?
凯尼斯·艾佛丁的冒险故事开始于何处?
When her sister's name is called from the lottery.
是她的小妹妹被抽中了。
How about assistance? Is anyone going to help her on her adventure? Haymitch.
她的支援呢?有谁来帮助她吗?指导员黑密斯。
What about departure? Does she leave her ordinary world?
启程呢?她是不是离开了原本平凡世界?
She gets on a train to the capital. OK, so you get the idea.
她搭上了前往首都的火车。好,你现在有个概念了吧!
What do you have in common with Harry Potter, Katniss Everdeen, and Frodo?
你和哈利·波特、凯尼斯·艾佛丁以及佛罗多之间的共同点是什么?
Well, you're human, just like them.
你是一个平凡人,和他们一样。
The Hero's Journey myth exists in all human cultures and keeps getting updated,
英雄之旅存在于所有的文化中,并且不断地推陈出新,
because we humans reflect on our world through symbolic stories of our own lives.
因为我们人类通过自身生活中极具象征性的故事,反映出所处的世界。
You leave your comfort zone, have an experience that transforms you, and then you recover and do it again.
你离开了熟悉的一切,历经了足以改变一生的事件,然后从中复元,再次展开下一次循环。
You don't literally slay dragons or fight Voldemort, but you face problems just as scary.
你当然不用真的去杀死怪物或是对抗伏地魔,但是面对的问题却同样吓人。
Joseph Campbell said, 'In the cave you fear to enter lies the treasure you seek.'
约瑟夫·坎贝尔说:“在你不敢踏足的洞穴里,躺着你在寻找的宝藏。”
What is the symbolic cave you fear to enter? Auditions for the school play? Baseball tryouts? Love?
你害怕的那个洞穴是什么呢?学校的戏剧公演?篮球队的选秀赛?谈恋爱?
Watch for this formula in books, movies, and TV shows you come across.
在所接触的书、电影和电视剧里找找这个英雄公式吧。
You will certainly see it again. But also be sensitive to it in your own life.
你一定会再次看到的。但对日常生活也要保持敏锐。
Listen for your call to adventure. Accept the challenge.
等待属于你的冒险故事的开始,勇于接受挑战。
Conquer your fear and claim the treasure you seek. And then, do it all over again.
克服心中恐惧,追寻渴望的宝藏。然后,再来一次吧!

分享到
重点单词
  • comfortn. 舒适,安逸,安慰,慰藉 vt. 安慰,使舒适
  • conquervt. 征服,战胜,克服 vi. 得胜
  • varyv. 变化,改变,使多样化
  • bown. 弓 n. 鞠躬,蝴蝶结,船头 v. 鞠躬,成弓形,
  • popularadj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的
  • challengen. 挑战 v. 向 ... 挑战
  • claimn. 要求,要求权;主张,断言,声称;要求物 vt. 要
  • mythn. 神话
  • symbolicn. 代号 adj. 象征的,符号的
  • trapn. 圈套,陷阱,困境,双轮轻便马车 v. 设圈套,陷入