(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Today's saying is "watch their back," from the movie Captain America: Civil War.
今天的短语是watch their back,出自电影《美国队长3:内战》。
It is an action film about a group of super heroes known as the Avengers.
这部动作片是关于复仇者联盟(由超级英雄组成)的故事。
In this part, there are troubles between Captain America and Ironman.
在这一片段中,呈现的是美国队长和钢铁侠之间的矛盾。
Listen for the saying "watch their back."
留意听一下watch their back这个短语。
You just started a war.
你刚刚发动了一场战争。
They're coming for you.
他们是冲你来的。
I'm not the one that needs to watch their back.
我不是那个需要当心的人。
So what is the meaning of "watch their back?"
那么,watch their back是什么意思呢?
To be on guard or to turn around.
是保持警惕还是转身?
Listen again and see if you are correct.
再听一遍,看看你是否是正确的。
You just started a war.
你刚刚发动了一场战争。
They're coming for you.
他们是冲你来的。
I'm not the one that needs to watch their back.
我不是那个需要当心的人。
To "watch their back" means to be prepared or on guard.
To watch their back意指时刻准备着或保持警惕。
It means someone could be trying to hurt you.
这意味着有人可能在试图伤害你。
Both in the movie and in real life, the saying "they are coming for you" is not something you want to hear.
无论是电影中或是现实中,你不会想听到they are coming for you。
It means bad people are coming and want to hurt you.
因为这意味着坏人将会出现,并且要伤害你。
So you better "watch your back" and make sure they do not come up behind you.
因此,你最好保持警惕,确保他们不会突然出现在你背后。