经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第245期
日期:2017-09-13 13:03

(单词翻译:单击)

I wish to foster, not to blight — to earn gratitude, not to wring tears of blood — no, nor of brine.
我希望培植,不希望摧残 — 希望赢得感激,而不是拧出血泪来 — 不,不是泪水。
My harvest must be in smiles, in endearments, in sweet — That will do.
我的收获必须是微笑、抚慰和甜蜜 — 这样才行。
I think I rave in a kind of exquisite delirium.
我想我是在美梦中呓语。
I should wish now to protract this moment ad infinitum, but I dare not.
我真想把眼前这一刻无限延长,但我不敢。
So far I have governed myself thoroughly.
到现在为止,我自我控制得很好。
I have acted as I inwardly swore I would act, but further might try me beyond my strength.
像心里暗暗发誓的那样行动,但是再演下去也许要经受一场非我力所能及的考验。
Rise, Miss Eyre. leave me; 'the play is played out'.
起来,爱小姐,离开我吧,‘戏已经演完了’。
Where was I? Did I wake or sleep? Had I been dreaming? Did I dream still?
我在哪儿呢?是醒着还是睡着了?我一直在做梦吗?此刻还在做梦?
The old woman's voice had changed.
这老太婆已换了嗓门。

经典文学《简·爱》

Her accent, her gesture, and all were familiar to me as my own face in a glass — as the speech of my own tongue.
她的口音、她的手势、她的一切,就象镜中我自己的面孔,也象我口中说的话,我都非常熟悉。
I got up, but did not go.
我立起身来,但并没有走。
I looked; I stirred the fire, and I looked again.
我瞧了瞧,拨了拨火,再瞧了她一下。
But she drew her bonnet and her bandage closer about her face, and again beckoned me to depart.
但是她把帽子和绷带拉得紧贴在脸上,而且再次摆手让我走。
The flame illuminated her hand stretched out.
火焰照亮了她伸出的手。
Roused now, and on the alert for discoveries, I at once noticed that hand.
这时我已清醒,一心想发现什么,立即注意到了这只手。
It was no more the withered limb of eld than my own.
跟我的手一样,这不是只老年人干枯的手。
It was a rounded supple member, with smooth fingers, symmetrically turned.
它丰满柔软,手指光滑而匀称。

分享到