红发会(MP3+中英字幕) 第31期:万事俱备(3)
日期:2017-09-08 11:00

(单词翻译:单击)

"It is our French gold," whispered the director.
那位董事长低声说:"那是我们的法国黄金。
"We have had several warnings that an attempt might be made upon it." "Your French gold?"
我们已接到几次警告,说可能有人试图在这上面打主意。""你们的法国黄金?"
"Yes. We had occasion some months ago to strengthen our resources and borrowed for that purpose 30,000 napoleons from the Bank of France.
"是的,几个月以前,我们恰好有机会增加我们的资金来源,为此目的,我们向法兰西银行借了三万个法国金币。
It has become known that we have never had occasion to unpack the money, and that it is still lying in our cellar.
现在大家都已知道,我们一直没有功夫开箱取出这些钱,因此仍然放在地下室里。
The crate upon which I sit contains 2,000 napoleons packed between layers of lead foil.
我坐着的这个板条箱子里面就有两千个法国金币,是用锡箔一层一层夹着包装的。
Our reserve of bullion is much larger at present than is usually kept in a single branch office
我们的黄金储备现在比一家分所平常所拥有的数量大得多,
and the directors have had misgivings upon the subject."
董事们对这件事一直很不放心。"

福尔摩斯探案集 红发会

"Which were very well justified," observed Holmes. "And now it is time that we arranged our little plans.
福尔摩斯说:"他们不放心是很有道理的。现在是我们安排一下我们小小的计划的时候了。
I expect that within an hour matters will come to a head.
我预料在一小时内事情就会真相大白。
In the meantime, Mr. Merryweather, we must put the screen over that dark lantern."
现在,梅里韦瑟先生,我们必须用布灯罩把这暗色提灯蒙上。"
"And sit in the dark?" "I am afraid so. I had brought a pack of cards in my pocket,
"在黑暗中坐等吗?""恐怕是这样。我带了一副牌放在口袋里。
and I thought that, as we were a partie carree, you might have your rubber after all.
我本来想,我们正好四个人,你也许可以打你的桥牌。
But I see that the enemy’s preparations have gone so far that we cannot risk the presence of a light.
但是,现在我看敌人已在准备,我们不能冒漏出亮光的危险。
And, first of all, we must choose our positions.
首先,我们必须选好位置。
These are daring men, and though we shall take them at a disadvantage, they may do us some harm unless we are careful.
这些人都是胆大妄为的家伙,但是我们将打他个措手不及。我们要谨慎小心,否则他们就可能使我们受到一些损伤。
I shall stand behind this crate, and do you conceal yourselves behind those.
我将站在这个板条箱后面,你们都藏在那些箱子后面。
Then, when I flash a light upon them, close in swiftly.
然后当我把灯光照向他们的时候,你们就迅速跑过去。
If they fire, Watson, have no compunction about shooting them down."
华生,如果他们开枪,你就毫不留情地把他们打倒。"

分享到
重点单词
  • rubbern. 橡胶,橡皮,橡胶制品 adj. 橡胶的 n.
  • craten. 板条箱,篓子,旧汽车 vt. 装进纸条箱
  • swiftlyadv. 迅速地,敏捷地
  • strengthenv. 加强,变坚固
  • disadvantagen. 不利,不利条件,损害,损失
  • foiln. 箔,箔纸,陪衬物,(击剑运动用的)花剑, 钝头剑
  • concealvt. 隐藏,隐瞒,掩盖
  • reserven. 预备品,贮存,候补 n. 克制,含蓄 vt. 保留
  • screenn. 屏,幕,银幕,屏风 v. 放映,选拔,掩蔽,遮蔽
  • presencen. 出席,到场,存在 n. 仪态,风度