一个没有脉搏的健身模特
日期:2017-09-05 13:38

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载
L9;SrV2PsnKMW)=jbYcww;UAdb-R|=~aN]5

I essentially don't have a pulse.
本质上讲,我是没有脉搏的
You can check everywhere you'd want and you won't feel a pulse.
喜欢的话你可以在我身上随便找个地方试试,在哪儿你都找不到脉搏
So I'm pretty much the best looking zombie you'll ever see.
所以,我应该是你见过的颜值最高的僵尸
My name is Andrew Jones
我叫安德鲁·琼斯
and I'm a professional fitness model, living with an artificial heart.
我是一个职业健身模特,我靠人工心脏活着
I always have to have batteries charging.
我经常需要给电池充电
At night when I'm going to bed, I'll plug my phone in
晚上准备睡觉的时候,我就会给手机充电
and then I'll plug myself into the wall outlet to make sure I have power overnight.
然后,把我自己也连上墙头的电源,确保我一整晚就有电
In 2012, I was diagnosed with a cardiomyopathy
2012年,我被诊断为心肌病患者
which affects the heart’s efficiency to pump blood.
这个病会影响心脏的供血能力
I was incredibly ill at the time
那时我病得不像样
and I was admitted to the ICU for four months
在重症监护室里治疗了4个月
where they had to implant what's called an LVAD,
最后,他们不得不给我装一个LVAD
which stands for Left Ventricular Assist Device.
LVAD的意思就是左心室辅助装置
And it's considered an artificial heart.
也就是所谓的人工心脏
A fitness model without a pulse

vP.cNX~NtdfnE|

It's taking over the work of my heart for me.
人工心脏取代了我原来的心脏
These devices, the two batteries and the computer,
这些装置,两节电池,一台电脑
these are what are powering and controlling the artificial heart,
就是这些东西在控制我的人工心脏,并为其续航
to make sure that it's working efficiently and working properly.
确保它能够高效而且正常地工作
I started feeling strong again
我又一次开始感觉到自己的强壮了
when I was recovering after having the artificial heart implanted.
当我移植了人工心脏并开始恢复之后
And, of course, it didn't all come at once, I took baby steps
当然,这些都不是一蹴而就的,期间我经历了像婴儿学步一样漫长的过程
and I found myself back in the gym sooner than later.
而且,不久之后我就回到了健身房
And I got my strength back
我的力气也开始逐渐恢复
and once I'm able to find the right match for a heart transplant,
一旦我找到匹配的移植心脏,
I'll no longer need my artificial heart.
这个人工心脏就再也用不着了*&l;%l;l_J[
At first I was upset about having an artificial heart
一开始,我对人工心脏感到很苦恼
and then there was the moment
之后的一瞬间
where I realized that this is my life for now
我突然意识到,这就是我的命了
and either I can dwell and feel sorry for myself,
我要么长吁短叹地活着
or I can continue doing the things that I love to do,
要么继续我做我热爱的事
the best way I can and I haven't stopped.
尽我最大的努力,而且,我从未止步a0j9,##ztzhLC
I'm proud of the scars that I have from my surgeries
手术在我身上留下了伤疤,但我觉得很自豪
because scars are beautiful, they're a part of you.
因为伤疤是美丽的,它们是你的一部分
They tell your story and no one can take that away from you.
它们讲述着你的故事,你的故事谁也带不走;sYq.sVmGG

vf8|S)2LQx0+IKc]xA*JK_m3_9FqvhgE0m)2X!Y2P
分享到
重点单词
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • upsetadj. 心烦的,苦恼的,不安的 v. 推翻,翻倒,扰乱
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • assistn. 帮助,协助,协助的器械 vt. 帮助,协助 vi.
  • fitnessn. 适合度(生物学术语) n. 健康
  • overnightn. 前晚 adj. 通宵的,晚上的,前夜的 adv.
  • professionaladj. 职业的,专业的,专门的 n. 专业人员
  • devicen. 装置,设计,策略,设备
  • essentiallyadv. 本质上,本来
  • outletn. 出口,出路,通风口,批发商店