带我赢得奥运荣耀的两个决定
日期:2017-08-30 14:53

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

One day, I found myself at the top of a mountain,
有天,我发现我自己站在山顶上,
one descent to go, one last chance to fulfill a lifelong dream.
前方有一个斜坡,那是我实现梦想的最后一个机会。
I wasn't even old enough to walk into a PG-13 movie alone when my dream took roots.
当我心中的梦想萌芽时,我甚至还不能单独看PG-13级电影,
Yet there I stood, my three teammates by my side, facing the opportunity to make history.
但今天我在这,我的队友就在我身旁,面临着创造历史纪录的机会。
My mind wandered, just for half a second,
我的心有半秒钟在四处游荡,
but that half-second was filled with a lifetime of memories,
这半秒充满着一路走来的记忆、
and two decisions that brought me here to the top of the mountain.
还有带我来到这里的两个决定。
I made the first decision after a very challenging period in my career as an athlete
第一个决定发生在我运动员生涯一段难熬的时期之后,
five years of recurring injuries as a track athlete.
就是我当田径选手重复受伤的那五年。
Five years -- that's a long time to dedicate to anything.
五年的专注,是一笔很大的付出。
But as much as I loved track, the injuries were slowly killing my drive and my dreams.
无论我多么爱田径,受伤渐渐地消耗我的动力与梦想。
My injuries had me feeling like a failure at a sport I was once great at.
身上的伤让曾经是田径高手的我感觉挫败。
The last of the series of injuries required major elbow surgery.
连环受伤的最后是一次重大的肘部手术,
As I sat on my couch, days out of surgery, I thought of an old coach and mentor's words,
术后数日,我坐在沙发上,想起一位老教练、一位精神导师的话,
comparing me to a great bobsledder he once knew. 'Bobsled? No way!'
他拿我和一位最伟大的连橇选手作比较。“雪橇?别开玩笑了!”
But after year upon year of not reaching the goals I set for myself in track, it was time for a change.
但是在一年又一年没有达到我在田径设下的目标之后,是时候作些改变了。
So I reached out to the US Olympic Committee, and they told me to start training.
所以我到美国奥运委员会询问,他们要我开始受训。
I was going to be a bobsledder!
我就要成为一个雪橇运动员了!
I didn't know anything about it, but the first decision had been made.
我知道的不多,但这是我的第一个决定。
There I was, in what felt like a blink of an eye later,
而现在我在这,就像是眨眼的瞬间而已,
about to push my four-man sled with my team to the chance of Olympic gold, Olympic glory.
我准备要和队友推着四人雪橇来挑战奥运金牌--奥运的荣耀。
'Back set! Front set! Ready and --' the driver yelled, and off we went.
“后方预备!前方预备!预备……”,裁判这么喊着,然后我们出发了。
We dug as deep as we could, and as the cadence of our steps increased and the sled accelerated,
我们随着节奏用力地踩,雪橇随着我们的脚步加速,
we left everything we had on the track, before leaving the ice and boarding our Night Train sled.
我们用尽全力,离开冰面,跳进我们的“夜间特快车”雪橇。
And a calm came over me.
我内心一阵平静。

带我赢得奥运荣耀的两个决定

And once in the sled, as it was picking up speed, for just another millisecond,
一旦上了雪橇,它就会自己加速,在那千分之一秒,
my mind went back to that day on the couch.
我的思绪回到沙发上那天。
'How can I train for the bobsled team without getting hurt over and over again like before?'
“我要怎样才能和雪橇团队一起训练,又不像之前一样一直受伤呢?”
I looked in the mirror and realized I still wanted to compete. I still wanted to succeed.
我看着镜子,意识到我还想比赛。我还想成功。
But I had to face the reality that my getting hurt wasn't to be blamed elsewhere.
但我必须面对,我受伤并不是任何人的错。
I realized that if I had a problem it was up to me to change it,
我意识到,我的问题必须自己解决。
and that what I had been doing all this time may not have been best for me.
我必须面对我一直以来所做的,可能并不是最适合我的。
I had to confront my reality and make a change, and that was the second decision.
我必须面对现实并想办法改变,这就是我的第二个决定。
The decision in my mind not to get hurt anymore had many layers,
这个不再受伤的决定包含许多层面,
but it mostly had to do with taking responsibility for all the variables in my life.
但主要是为自己人生的变量负责。
If I thought something I would do or something I felt would lead me to injury, then it most certainly would.
如果我一直想象我的所做所感会让我受伤,那么事情很有可能就会这样发生。
I would have to have a fundamental shift in mindset.
我必须在本质上的转换心态。
I learned to let go of the fears I had trained myself to have over the years
我学会解放多年来训练出的恐惧,
and decided to trust myself and my body to push through situations I had thought insurmountable before.
并决定相信自己和自己的身体,好让我突破之前无法突破的瓶颈。
What followed those five years of injuries were nine years of not missing one race I entered for the USA National and Olympic teams.
这五年的负伤,让我得到的是接下来在美国全国比赛和奥运会比赛的全勤。
Because I made a decision, then another one, and held true to those two decisions,
因为我下定一个决心,和另一个决心,然后坚持不懈,
I found myself back with my team approaching 90 miles per hour.
此刻我发现我们团队的时速达到了九十英里。
And as we came around the last corners,
而在我们进入最后一圈时,
I could hear the crowd cheering and the cowbells blaring, and a hard 'You!' coming from the masses as we passed by at 95 miles an hour.
我可以听到群众传来的吶喊,牛铃的响声,还有在我们时速达到了九十五英里时人群中“优”的呼声。
But someone wasn't yelling 'You!' at us, they were yelling 'USA!'
不过他们喊的不是“优”而是“USA”
We were moving so fast, we only heard the first piece of it.
我们的速度非常之快,以至于我们只能听见第一个音。
We then came around the last bend, and when we all looked up, the clock simply read '1.'
接着我们到了最后的弯道,我们抬头看,名次板上简单地显示了“1”。
We had done it; we were Olympic gold medalists. We were the best in the world.
我们成功了;我们是奥运金牌团队。我们是全世界最棒的。
My hands went up immediately, as the moment I had been waiting for my entire life had finally come true.
我兴奋地举高双手,我一生中等候多时的那一刻终于梦想成真。
And as our sled slowly came to a stop and I looked into the crowd to see my mom, dad, sister and family and friends crying for me,
当我们的雪橇减缓停下,我看着群众,想看看我父母、我的姐妹、亲人、还有朋友们,是否为我而感动,
I knew my decisions had been worth the sacrifice, worth the fear.
我知道我的决定值得我牺牲一切、值得我担忧害怕。
Two decisions and those five minutes sitting on that couch began to change my life, and sticking to them fulfilled my dreams.
两个决定、还有坐在沙发上的那五分钟,开始改变我的人生,而坚持这两个决定让我梦想成真。
It was those decisions and standing by them that ultimately gave me the confidence to perform at the Olympic games.
就是这两个决定,还有对它们的坚持,最终给我参加奥运的信心。
What two decisions can you make and stick to that will change your life forever?
你会做哪两个决定,并坚持不懈,来彻底改变你的人生?
I challenge you to look at what you're doing in your life and think of what you dream to do.
我鼓励你重新检视你现在的人生,并思考你的梦想是什么。

分享到