(单词翻译:单击)
In other news, The Washington Post today published the transcripts of conversations
其它方面,《华盛顿邮报》曝光了特朗普总统分别与
President Trump had with the leaders of Mexico and Australia during his first days in office.
墨西哥总统,澳大利亚总理两份通话的文字记录,这两次通电也是他刚刚上任不久进行的 。
Their contentious nature is at odds with the official White House report of the exchanges at the time.
两人的争议点也与白宫官方对此次通话所表达的内容大相径庭 。
An excerpt from the call between Mr.Trump and Mexico's President Enrique Pena Nieto
在特朗普与墨西哥总统涅托的部分对话中,
showed a significant focus on the president's campaign promise to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.
重点提到了特朗普在大选中所承诺的“美墨”隔离墙 。
Here's the exchange read by our NewsHour producers.
以下对话由本台制片人带读 。
The fact is, we are both in a little bit of a political bind,
其实,两国在政治上都受到了一些限制,
because I have to have Mexico pay for the wall.
但你们需要支付修建隔离墙的钱 。
I have to. I have been talking about it for a two year-period.
我必须这么做,这个问题我已经说了整整两年了 。
If you are going to say that Mexico is not going to pay for the wall,
如果你们没法支付这笔钱,
then I do not want to meet with you guys anymore because I cannot live with that.
那我以后也不想在见到你们,这是我难以接受的 。
You have a very big mark on our back, Mr. President, regarding who pays for the wall.
总统先生,关于费用问题,我们真的是爱莫能助 。
But my position has been and will continue to be very firm, saying that Mexico cannot pay for that wall.
但我的立场是坚定不变的,墨西哥没法出这笔钱 。
But you cannot say that to the press.
但你没法对媒体这么说 。
The press is going to go with that, and I cannot live with that.
媒体认为这道墙一定会建好,我不能接受这样的现实 。
This is an issue related to the dignity of Mexico and goes to the national pride of my country.
这个问题涉及到墨西哥的尊严,会影响到民族自尊心 。
Let us for now stop talking about the wall.
请不要再谈论这个话题了 。
OK, Enrique, that is fine, and I think it is fair.
好吧安立奎,没问题,我认为这么做很公平 。
I do not bring up the wall. But when the press brings up the wall, I will say,
我不会提及此事,但如果媒体提出来,我会说,
let us see how it is going, let us see how it is working out with Mexico.
那让我们看看事情的进展程度,看看墨西哥方面是怎么说的 。