红发会(MP3+中英字幕) 第12期:正式应聘(3)
日期:2017-07-18 11:37

(单词翻译:单击)

With that he seized my hair in both his hands, and tugged until I yelled with the pain.
他两只手紧紧地揪住我的头发,使劲地拔,我痛得喊了出来,他才撒手。
'There is water in your eyes,' said he as he released me.
他撒手后对我说,'你眼泪都流出来啦。
'I perceive that all is as it should be. But we have to be careful,
我清楚地看到,一切都很理想。可是我必须谨慎小心,
for we have twice been deceived by wigs and once by paint.
因为我们曾两次被带假发的家伙、一次被染头发的家伙骗了。
I could tell you tales of cobbler's wax which would disgust you with human nature.'
我可以告诉你一些有关鞋蜡的故事,你听了会感觉恶心的。'
He stepped over to the window and shouted through it at the top of his voice that the vacancy was filled.
他走到窗户那里声嘶力竭地高喊,'已经有人填补空缺了。'

福尔摩斯探案集 红发会

A groan of disappointment came up from below, and the folk all trooped away in different directions
窗户下面传来一阵大失所望的叹息声,人们成群结队地朝四面八方散开。
until there was not a red-head to be seen except my own and that of the manager.
他们走后,除我自己和那个干事外,再见不到一个红头发的人了。
'My name,' said he, 'is Mr. Duncan Ross, and I am myself one of the pensioners upon the fund left by our noble benefactor.
他说,'我名叫邓肯·罗斯先生。我自己就是一个我们高贵的施主遗留基金的养老金领取者。
Are you a married man, Mr. Wilson? Have you a family?'
威尔逊先生,你是不是已经结婚了?你成家了吗?'
I answered that I had not. His face fell immediately.
我回答说,'我没有。'他立即把脸一沉。
'Dear me!' he said gravely, 'that is very serious indeed! I am sorry to hear you say that.
他严肃地说,'哎唷!这可是非同小可的事啊!你所说的情况使我感到遗憾。
The fund was, of course, for the propagation and spread of the red-heads as well as for their maintenance.
当然,设立这笔基金的目的既是为了维护,也是为了生育更多红头发的人。
It is exceedingly unfortunate that you should be a bachelor.'
你竟然是个未婚的单身汉,那真是太不幸了。'

分享到
重点单词
  • perceivevt. 察觉,感觉,认知,理解
  • disappointmentn. 失望,令人失望的人或事
  • unfortunateadj. 不幸的,令人遗憾的,不成功的 n. 不幸的人
  • maintenancen. 维护,保持,维修,生活费用 n. 供给,抚养; 主
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a
  • waxn. 蜡,蜂蜡 vt. (用蜡)涂 vi. 变大,增大
  • groan呻吟
  • disgustn. 厌恶,嫌恶 v. 令人厌恶
  • gravelyadv. 严肃地;严峻地;沉重地;严重地
  • exceptvt. 除,除外 prep. & conj. 除了 ..