(单词翻译:单击)
Do you hear a J sound in this phrase?"Could you? Could you?"
你在这个短语中听到J音了吗?"Could you? Could you?"
There's no J sound written, but that does happen sometimes in American English pronunciation.
里面并没有写出J音,但在美式英语发音中有时会发生这种情况。
In this video, we'll look at why.
在这个视频里,我们来看看这是为什么。
I've had several people ask me about when the word "you" follows a T or a D sound.First, let's look at some examples.
有一些人问我单词“you”出现在T音或D音后面怎样发音。首先,我们来看一些例子。
"Could you, could you. Could you be there?""Want you, want you. I want you to come."
你可能在那儿吗?我想要你过来。
Do you notice the JJ sound in "could you", or the CH sound in "want you"?
你注意到“could you”里面的JJ音和“want you”里面的CH音了吗?
The JJ and CH sounds that you're hearing are coming in because of the mouth position.
你所听到的JJ音和CH音是因为嘴型而出现的。
The shape of these sounds -- JJ, CH -- is similar to the "oo" as in "boo" sound.
JJ音和CH音的形状和“boo”里面的“oo”很相似。
So what's happening is the lips are beginning to move for the oo vowel sound, even as they're making the T and the D consonants.
所以,在这里,即使是在发辅音T和D,嘴唇要做出oo元音的形状。
And these things blending together make more of a JJ or CH sound.
这些混合在一起就发出了JJ音或CH音。
Let's look at some more examples."What would you do?" (loop three times)It doesn't have to be pronounced this way.
让我们再看一些例子。"What would you do?" (循环三次)它并不一定要这样发音。
"Could you? Could you?" Where you make a separate D and Y sound: totally appropriate, and you will hear that.
"Could you? Could you?" 分别发出D音和Y音:完全合适,并且你也会听到它。
However, in more casual conversation, the JJ and CH sound does tend to come into play.
然而,在更随意的谈话中,JJ音和CH音就更常用了。
Let's look at some more examples."I want to know what you thought."
让我们再看一些例子。"I want to know what you thought."
"I want to know what you -- I want to know what you thought."
我想知道,我想知道你是怎么想的。
"Would you hand me that? Would you, would you. Would you hand me that?"
你能把那个递给我吗?你能把那个递给我吗?
I hope this helps to clear up what many of my students hear and find confusing.
我希望这能够帮助我的学生们弄清楚他们听起来或觉得令人困惑的地方。
That's it, and thanks so much for using Rachel's English.
这次的学习就到这里,非常感谢使用Rachel's English。