揭秘如何造就成功的TED演讲
日期:2017-06-18 08:06

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Some people think that there's a TED Talk formula:
有些人认为TED有一套演讲模式:
"Give a talk on a round, red rug."
“站在一块圆形的红地毯上”
"Share a childhood story."
“分享童年的经历”
"Divulge a personal secret."
“泄露私人秘密”
"End with an inspiring call to action." No.
“最后号召大家行动起来” 不
That's not how to think of a TED Talk.
那不该是我们看待TED演讲的方式
In fact, if you overuse those devices, you're just going to come across as clichéd or emotionally manipulative.
实际上 如果滥用这些套路 只会给人留下陈词滥调 或者心灵鸡汤的感觉
But there is one thing that all great TED Talks have in common,
但是精彩的TED演讲确实有一个共同之处
and I would like to share that thing with you,
我想在这儿跟大家分享
because over the past 12 years, I've had a ringside seat,
因为12年来我一直坐在近距离观察席位
listening to many hundreds of amazing TED speakers, like these.
聆听了数百位演讲者的精彩演讲 像这样
I've helped them prepare their talks for prime time, and learned directly from them their secrets of what makes for a great talk.
我协助他们准备演讲 在黄金时段播出 直接从他们那里学到了做一场精彩演讲的秘诀
And even though these speakers and their topics all seem completely different,
尽管这些演讲者和他们的演讲主题都各不相同
they actually do have one key common ingredient.
但有一个关键的共同要素
And it's this: Your number one task as a speaker
那就是:作为演讲者最重要的任务
is to transfer into your listeners' minds an extraordinary gift a strange and beautiful object that we call an idea.
是给你的听众的思想一件特别的礼物 它神奇而美丽 我们称之为“想法”
Let me show you what I mean. Here's Haley.
让我来展示一下我的意思 我们首先看看海利的演讲
She is about to give a TED Talk and frankly, she's terrified. Haley Van Dyck!
她将要进行TED演讲 坦白说 她很紧张 海莉·范·戴克!
Over the course of 18 minutes,
在18分钟的演讲过程中

1,200 people, many of whom have never seen each other before,
此前互不相识的1200名听众
are finding that their brains are starting to sync with Haley's brain and with each other.
发现他们的思想开始和海莉的思想以及他们互相之间都同步了
They're literally beginning to exhibit the same brain-wave patterns.
甚至可以说 他们的脑电波开始同步
And I don't just mean they're feeling the same emotions.
他们当时不仅感受相同
There's something even more startling happening.
还有更令人吃惊的事在发生
Let's take a look inside Haley's brain for a moment.
让我们到海莉的大脑中看一看
There are billions of interconnected neurons in an impossible tangle.
数十亿神经元相互连接 互相缠绕
But look here, right here a few million of them are linked to each other in a way which represents a single idea.
但是看这里 其中几百万个神经元连接在一起形成了一个想法
And incredibly, this exact pattern is being recreated in real time inside the minds of everyone listening.
难以置信的是 与其一样模式也立即在每一位听众的脑海中出现了
That's right; in just a few minutes, a pattern involving millions of neurons is being teleported into 1,200 minds,
是的 几分钟内这种包含几百万神经元的特殊连接模式仅仅通过听演讲者的声音和看她的脸
just by people listening to a voice and watching a face.
就传递进了1200个大脑之中

tedyj10.jpg


But wait -- what is an idea anyway?
那么 到底什么是想法呢
Well, you can think of it as a pattern of information
你可以理解为是一种信息的组合
that helps you understand and navigate the world.
能帮你理解和探索这个世界
Ideas come in all shapes and sizes, from the complex and analytical to the simple and aesthetic.
想法是多种多样的从复杂的需要理性分析的到简单的具有审美趣味的
Here are just a few examples shared from the TED stage.
下面我举几个例子 都发生在TED讲台上
Sir Ken Robinson creativity is key to our kids' future.
这是肯 罗宾逊爵士 他的演讲主题是 创造力是决定孩子未来的关键
My contention is that creativity now is as important in education as literacy,
我认为在教育中培养孩子的创造力和教他们读书写字一样重要
and we should treat it with the same status.
我们应该对它们一视同仁
Elora Hardy building from bamboo is beautiful.
这是尹劳拉 哈迪 他的演讲主题是 竹制建筑的魅力
It is growing all around us, it's strong, it's elegant, it's earthquake-resistant.
竹子随处可见 它们很茁壮 很优雅 而且可以防震
Chimamanda Adichie people are more than a single identity.
这是奇麻曼达·阿迪契 他的演讲主题是人类并不只有单一属性
The single story creates stereotypes, and the problem with stereotypes is not that they are untrue,
单一的故事会导致老套问题并不在于它不正确
but that they are incomplete.
而在于它不完整
Your mind is teeming with ideas, and not just randomly.
你的大脑里充满了各种想法 它们并不是随机的
They're carefully linked together.
而是相互联系的
Collectively they form an amazingly complex structure that is your personal worldview.
它们汇集成神奇而复杂的体系形成你的世界观
It's your brain's operating system.
是你大脑的操作系统
It's how you navigate the world.
也是你探索世界的方式
And it is built up out of millions of individual ideas.
是数百万个想法的大集合
So, for example, if one little component of your worldview is the idea that kittens are adorable,
所以比如说 你世界观中的一小部分告诉你小猫很可爱
then when you see this, you'll react like this.
那么当你看到小猫时你就会抚摸它
But if another component of your worldview is the idea that leopards are dangerous,
而另一部分告诉你美洲豹很危险
then when you see this, you'll react a little bit differently.
那么当你看见它时你就会反应不同
So, it's pretty obvious why the ideas that make up your worldview are crucial.
所以显而易见这些想法对于塑造你的世界观至关重要
You need them to be as reliable as possible -- a guide, to the scary but wonderful real world out there.
它们就像一名值得信赖的向导帮你应对这个美妙却又危险的世界
Now, different people's worldviews can be dramatically different.
不同人的世界观截然不同
For example, how does your worldview react when you see this image:
举个例子你对下面的视频会有什么反应?
What do you think when you look at me
你看到我的时候你在想什么
"A woman of faith," "an expert," maybe even "a sister"?
“一个有信仰的女人” “一名专家” 甚至 “一名修女”?
Or "oppressed," "brainwashed," "a terrorist"?
或者“受压迫的” “被洗脑了的”还是“恐怖分子”?
Whatever your answer, there are millions of people out there who would react very differently.
无论你的答案是什么 成千上万的人 就会有成千上万种答案
So that's why ideas really matter.
正因为此 想法才如此重要
If communicated properly, they're capable of changing, forever,
如果交流适当 那么它们能够改变
how someone thinks about the world,
永久地改变一个人的世界观
and shaping their actions both now and well into the future.
影响他们现在和未来的的行为
Ideas are the most powerful force shaping human culture.
想法是塑造人类文化最强大的力量
So if you accept that your number one task as a speaker is to build an idea inside the minds of your audience,
如果你认同作为一名演讲者 你的主要任务是在观众的思想中植入你的想法的话
here are four guidelines for how you should go about that task:
那么这里有四条原则需要你遵循:
One, limit your talk to just one major idea.
第一 让你的演讲要只围绕一个主题
Ideas are complex things;
思想是一种很复杂的概念
you need to slash back your content
你要避免长篇大论
so that you can focus on the single idea you're most passionate about,
所以你要专注于你一个让你最激动不已的想法
and give yourself a chance to explain that one thing properly.
并且要以合适的方式把它解释清楚
You have to give context, share examples, make it vivid.
你可以通过描述背景 分享事例等方式让它变得生动形象
So pick one idea,
所以只挑选一个想法
and make it the through-line running through your entire talk,
让它贯穿你的整个演讲
so that everything you say links back to it in some way.
让你讲的所有内容都能与之呼应
Two, give your listeners a reason to care.
第二 吸引你的听众
Before you can start building things inside the minds of your audience,
在你将自己的想法灌输给观众之前
you have to get their permission to welcome you in.
你必须得到他们的允许
And the main tool to achieve that? Curiosity.
那主要手段是什么呢 好奇心
Stir your audience's curiosity.
勾起观众的好奇心
Use intriguing, provocative questions to identify why something doesn't make sense and needs explaining.
提一些耐人寻味 引人入胜的问题让大家发现为什么有些事情不合理并且需要解释
If you can reveal a disconnection in someone's worldview,
如果你让某人发现 他的世界观里有断点
they'll feel the need to bridge that knowledge gap.
他们就会想把这个知识的缺口连接上
And once you've sparked that desire, it will be so much easier to start building your idea.
一旦你勾起他们的求知欲灌输你的想法就容易多了
Three, build your idea, piece by piece, out of concepts that your audience already understands.
第三 一步一步构造你的想法要使用观众已经了解的概念
You use the power of language to weave together concepts that already exist in your listeners' minds
用语言的力量把观众脑海中已经存在的概念重新整合
but not your language, their language.
不过要用观众能懂的语言
You start where they are.
你要让他们跟上你的节奏
The speakers often forget that many of the terms and concepts they live with are completely unfamiliar to their audiences.
演讲者经常会忘记 自己每天接触的术语和概念在观众们眼中可能就是天书
Now, metaphors can play a crucial role in showing how the pieces fit together,
因此 善用比喻非常重要
because they reveal the desired shape of the pattern,
因为比喻是用听众已经了解的概念
based on an idea that the listener already understands.
来勾画缺失的那一块知识拼图
For example, when Jennifer Kahn wanted to explain the incredible new biotechnology called CRISPR,
比如当珍妮弗·卡恩想解释一种叫做CRISPR的 最前端的生物技术时
she said, "It's as if, for the first time, you had a word processor to edit DNA.
她说:“这项技术 就像你第一次拥有了一台可以编辑DNA的文字处理机一样
CRISPR allows you to cut and paste genetic information really easily."
CRISPR能让你十分轻松的剪切和粘贴基因组"
Now, a vivid explanation like that delivers a satisfying aha moment as it snaps into place in our minds.
就这样 一个生动的描述让我们恍然大悟并且深深地印在了我们的脑海里
It's important, therefore, to test your talk on trusted friends,
在信任的朋友面前 试讲一下是很关键的
and find out which parts they get confused by.
你可以找出他们听不懂的地方(加以修改)
Four, here's the final tip: Make your idea worth sharing.
第四条 也是最后一条:使你的想法值得分享
By that I mean, ask yourself the question: "Who does this idea benefit?"
我的意思是扪心自问:“这个想法对谁有好处?”
And I need you to be honest with the answer.
你需要实事求是
If the idea only serves you or your organization,
如果这个想法只服务于你或者你的组织
then, I'm sorry to say, it's probably not worth sharing.
那么对不起 它也许不值得分享
The audience will see right through you.
观众通过你马上能发现这一点
But if you believe that the idea has the potential to brighten up someone else's day
但如果你认为自己的想法有可能照亮他人的人生
or change someone else's perspective for the better
或者改善他人的观点
or inspire someone to do something differently,
或者激励他人去改变
then you have the core ingredient to a truly great talk,
那么你就拥有了一篇精彩演讲的核心元素
one that can be a gift to them and to all of us.
所有人都会因此受益

分享到
重点单词
  • incompleteadj. 不完全的,不完整的
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • weaven. 编法,织法,编织 v. 编织,组合,编排
  • startlingadj. 惊人的 动词startle的现在分词
  • complexadj. 复杂的,复合的,合成的 n. 复合体,综合体,
  • rugn. 毯子,地毯,旅行毯
  • stirn. 感动(激动,愤怒或震动), 搅拌,骚乱 vt. 激
  • permissionn. 同意,许可,允许
  • statusn. 地位,身份,情形,状况
  • crucialadj. 关键的,决定性的