波希米亚丑闻(MP3+中英字幕) 第35期:福尔摩斯失算了(5)
日期:2017-06-15 13:57

(单词翻译:单击)

"On the contrary, my dear sir," cried the King; "nothing could be more successful.
"亲爱的先生,这可恰恰相反,"国王说道,"再没有任何结局比这个更为成功的了。
I know that her word is inviolate. The photograph is now as safe as if it were in the fire."
我知道她是说话算数的。那张照片现在是和它已经被烧掉那样使我感到放心了。"
"I am glad to hear your Majesty say so."
"我很高兴听陛下这么说。"
"I am immensely indebted to you. Pray tell me in what way I can reward you. This ring..."
"我真对你感恩不尽。请告诉我怎样酬答你才好。这只戒指..."
He slipped an emerald snake ring from his finger and held it out upon the palm of his hand.
他从他的手指上脱下一只蛇形的绿宝石戒指,托在手掌上递给他。
"Your Majesty has something which I should value even more highly," said Holmes.
"陛下有一件我认为比这戒指甚至更有价值的东西。"福尔摩斯说道。
"You have but to name it." "This photograph!"
"你只要说出来是什么东西就成。""这张照片!"

波希米亚丑闻

The King stared at him in amazement. "Irene's photograph!" he cried. "Certainly, if you wish it."
国王惊异地睁大眼睛注视着他。"艾琳的相片!"他喊道,"你要是想要的话,当然可以。"
"I thank your Majesty. Then there is no more to be done in the matter.
"谢谢陛下。那么这件事就算办妥了吧。
I have the honour to wish you a very good-morning."
我谨祝您早安。"
He bowed, and, turning away without observing the hand which the King had stretched out to him,
他鞠了个躬便转身而走,对国王伸向他的手连看都不看一眼。
he set off in my company for his chambers.
他和我一起返回他的住处去。
And that was how a great scandal threatened to affect the kingdom of Bohemia,
这就是波希米亚王国怎样受到一桩大丑闻的威胁,
and how the best plans of Mr. Sherlock Holmes were beaten by a woman's wit.
而福尔摩斯的杰出计划又是怎样为一个女人的聪明才智所挫败的经过。
He used to make merry over the cleverness of women, but I have not heard him do it of late.
他过去对女人的聪明机智常常加以嘲笑,近来我很少听到他这样的嘲笑了。
And when he speaks of Irene Adler, or when he refers to her photograph, it is always under the honourable title of the woman.
当他说到艾琳·艾德勒或提到她那张照片时,他总是用那位女人这一尊敬的称呼。

分享到
重点单词
  • contraryadj. 相反的,截然不同的 adv. 相反(地) n.
  • scandaln. 丑闻,中伤,反感,耻辱
  • clevernessn. 聪明,机灵
  • affectvt. 影响,作用,感动
  • inviolateadj. 未亵渎的,未受侵犯的,无污点的,纯洁的
  • indebtedadj. 负债的,受惠的