(单词翻译:单击)
演讲文本
Imagine if you could record your life -- everything you said, everything you did,
想象一下如果你能记录你的生活--你说的一切,做的一切
available in a perfect memory store at your fingertips,
就存储在一个完美的你触手可及的记忆库
so you could go back and find memorable moments and relive them,
你可以回到过去,找寻那难忘一刻回顾这一切
or sift through traces of time and discover patterns in your own life that previously had gone undiscovered.
或者追寻时间的轨迹,发现在属于你自己的生活模式,那种以前没有发现的规律
Well that's exactly the journey that my family began five and a half years ago.
而那就是我们全家5年半前开始的家庭旅程
This is my wife and collaborator, Rupal.
这是我妻子和合作者,鲁泊尔
And on this day, at this moment, we walked into the house with our first child, our beautiful baby boy.
在这一天,从这一刻,我们带着我们第一个孩子走进了这个家,我们美丽的儿子
And we walked into a house with a very special home video recording system.
我们走进了一个安装了特殊的家庭摄像系统的家
Okay. This moment and thousands of other moments special for us were captured in our home
好。这一刻和其他千万的我们的特殊时刻,在我们家中被捕捉下来
because in every room in the house, if you looked up, you'd see a camera and a microphone,
因为这个房子的每个屋子,如果你仰头看,你都可以看见一个摄像机和话筒
and if you looked down, you'd get this bird's-eye view of the room.
而你望下看,你可以俯视整个房间。
Here's our living room, the baby bedroom, kitchen, dining room and the rest of the house.
这是我们的客厅,这是婴儿的房间,厨房,餐厅,这是其余的地方
And all of these fed into a disc array that was designed for a continuous capture.
这些都被装进了一排为持续拍摄设计的光盘中
So here we are flying through a day in our home
这里我们飞快地经历一遍我们家庭的一天
as we move from sunlit morning through incandescent evening and, finally, lights out for the day.
我们从太阳初升的早晨,到亮起电灯的夜晚,最后,熄灯就寝。
视频及简介
演讲简介:
麻省理工大学的研究员戴·罗伊希望了解他的初生儿子是怎样学习语言的,因此他在家里四处装置了摄像机捕捉儿子成长的几乎每一刻,然后将9万小时的家庭录像进行分析,观察“gaaaa”渐渐转变成“水”的过程。这一惊人的资料丰富的研究对帮助我们了解人类是如果学习起到了深远的作用。