(单词翻译:单击)
名人传记
I'm on the way to the office.
我在去办公室的路上
It's all of a five-minute drive.Been doing it...for 54 years.
有5分钟的车程 我已经有54年这么干了
One of the good things about this five-minute drive
其中一个好事就是
is that on the way there's a McDonald's, so I'll pick up something.
在五分钟的路上有一家麦当劳 所以我会带些东西
Good morning, thank you for choosing McDonald's.Go ahead and order whenever you're ready.
早上好 感谢你选择麦当劳 往前走挑选点餐
I'll have a Sausage McMuffin with egg and cheese.
我要一个芝士猪柳蛋麦满分
Anything else? That's it, thank you.
还要其他的嘛 就这么多 谢谢
Yeah, and I tell my wife as I shave in the morning,
我会在早上剃胡子的时候和我妻子说
I say either 2.61, 2.95, or 3.17,
2.61美元 2.95美元 3.17美元我都会说
and she puts that amount in a little cup by me here and that determines which of three breakfasts I get.
她会把那么多钱放在那里的小杯子里 那决定我早餐吃什么
Hi. 2.95. Okay, 2.95.There's the two.How you doing,sir.Hey, great! You're on "Candid Camera"!
你好 2.95美元 好的 2.95美元 过的怎样 先生 很好 你上我们的镜头了
I see. Hello, everybody!
我看到了 大家好
When I'm not feeling quite so prosperous,
当我不觉得市场不那么繁荣的时候
I might go with a 2.61, which is two sausage patties,and then I put 'em together and pour myself a Coke.
我可能吃2.61美元的 里面有两个猪肉馅饼 我把它俩放一起 给自己倒一杯可乐
Hi, how are you? Hi. I've been good.
你好 你过得怎么样 你好 我很好
3.17 is a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit,but the market's down this morning,
3.17美元是培根 蛋 还有芝士比司吉 但如果早上股票跌了
so I think I'll pass up the 3.17 and go with the 2.95.
我就想不吃3.17的 改吃2.95的
词汇解析
1、pick up
拿起;提起;拾起;捡起
He picked his cap up from the floor and stuck it back on his head.
他从地板上拾起帽子,重新戴在头上。
Ridley picked up a pencil and fiddled with it.
里德利拿起一支铅笔,不停地在手里摆弄着。
(通常指开车)接载,取走
We drove to the airport the next morning to pick up Susan.
我们第二天早晨开车去机场接苏姗。
She went over to her parents' house to pick up some clean clothes.
她去了趟父母家取些干净衣服。
逮捕;拘捕
Rawlings had been picked up by police at his office.
罗林斯已在办公室遭警察拘捕。
The police picked him up within the hour.
警察不到一小时就将他逮捕了。

2、determine
是…的决定因素
The size of the chicken pieces will determine the cooking time.
鸡块的大小将决定烹饪时间的长短。
Social status is largely determined by the occupation of the main breadwinner.
社会地位很大程度上是由家里经济支柱的职业决定的。
确定;查明
The investigation will determine what really happened.
调查会查明到底发生了什么事情。
Testing needs to be done to determine the long-term effects on humans.
需要进行检测以确定其对人的长期影响。
决定;敲定
The Baltic people have a right to determine their own future.
波罗的海各国人民有权决定自己的未来。
The final wording had not yet been determined..
最终措辞仍未敲定。
