经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第149期
日期:2016-11-28 14:33

(单词翻译:单击)

The more you and I converse, the better;
你与我谈得越多越好。
For while I cannot blight you, you may refresh me.
因为我不可能腐蚀你。而你却可以使我重新振作起来。
After this digression he proceeded.
讲了这番离题的话后,他又往下说。
I remained in the balcony.
我仍旧呆在阳台上。
'They will come to her boudoir, no doubt,' thought I.
‘他们肯定会到她闺房里来,’我想。
Let me prepare an ambush.
让我来一个伏击。
So putting my hand in through the open window, I drew the curtain over it,
于是把手缩回开着的窗子、将窗帘拉拢,
leaving only an opening through which I could take observations.
只剩下一条便于观察的开口。
Then I closed the casement, all but a chink just wide enough to furnish an outlet to lovers' whispered vows.
随后我关上窗子,只留下一条缝,刚好可以让‘情人们的喃喃耳语和山盟海誓。
Then I stole back to my chair.
透出来,接着我偷偷地回到了椅子上。

经典文学《简·爱》

And as I resumed it the pair came in.
刚落座,这一对进来了。
My eye was quickly at the aperture.
我的目光很快射向缝隙。
Celine's chamber-maid entered, lit a lamp, left it on the table, and withdrew.
塞莉纳的侍女走进房间,点上灯,把它留在桌子上,退了出去。
The couple were thus revealed to me clearly:
于是这一对便清清楚楚地暴露在我面前了。
Both removed their cloaks, and there was 'the Varens,' shining in satin and jewels, my gifts of course.
两人都脱去了斗篷,这位‘名人瓦伦’一身绸缎、珠光宝气 — 当然是我的馈赠
And there was her companion in an officer's uniform.
她的陪伴却一身戎装。
And I knew him for a young roue of a vicomte.
我知道他是一个子爵,一个年青的轮。
A brainless and vicious youth whom I had sometimes met in society,
一个没有头脑的恶少,有时在社交场中见过面,
and had never thought of hating because I despised him so absolutely.
我却从来没有想到去憎恨他,因为我绝对地鄙视他。
On recognising him, the fang of the snake — Jealousy was instantly broken.
一认出他来,那蛇的毒牙 — 嫉妒,立即被折断了。
Because at the same moment my love for Celine sank under an extinguisher.
因为与此同时,我对塞莉纳的爱火也被灭火器浇灭了。
A woman who could betray me for such a rival was not worth contending for.
一个女人为了这样一个情敌而背弃我,是不值得一争的。
She deserved only scorn; less, however, than I, who had been her dupe.
她只配让人蔑视,然而我更该如此,因为我己经被她所愚弄。

分享到
重点单词
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • curtainn. 窗帘,门帘,幕(布) vt. (用帘)装饰,(以帘
  • outletn. 出口,出路,通风口,批发商店
  • digressionn. 离题,脱轨
  • scornn. 轻蔑,奚落,笑柄 v. 轻蔑,鄙视,嘲弄
  • viciousadj. 恶毒的,恶意的,凶残的,剧烈的,严重的
  • conversen. 相反的事物,倒,逆向 adj. 相反的,逆向的,倒
  • uniformn. 制服 adj. 一致的,统一的 vt. 穿制
  • betrayvt. 误导,出卖,背叛,泄露 vi. 证明 ... 错
  • fangn. 尖牙