(单词翻译:单击)
名人传记
I cannot carry a carbine.This little bitch fell on me.Stumbled while jumping. I broke my damn leg.
我拿不了卡宾枪 这匹破马把我摔了下来 乱跳的时候绊了一下 我的腿摔断了
I need a surgeon. We'll go to Sam Mudd's.
我需要找个医生 我们去山姆·马德那里
But no. We ought to get down south across to the river,cross into Virginia. I cannot go on without a doctor.
不行 我们应该向南走跨过那条河 去弗吉尼亚州 不看医生我走不了
Lloyd. Lloyd!I am fairly certain we have assassinated the president and Secretary Seward.
劳埃德. 劳埃德 我确定 我们已经成功刺杀了总统 和国务卿西华德
Mind your damn horse, Davey, let's go!
管好你的马 戴维 我们走
Meanwhile, at the Petersen Boarding House,Corporal James Tanner,
与此同时 在总统所在的出租公寓里 詹姆斯·泰纳下士
who has lost both legs at the second battle of Bull Run,
这位在布尔溪第二次战役中 失去双腿的士兵
and is just ten days past his 21st birthday,
十天前刚过完21岁生日
is about to take the first eyewitness testimony in the assassination of Abraham Lincoln.No!
他即将记录刺杀亚伯拉罕·林肯总统的 第一份证词 不
Pulse: 48, rising.Respiration: 21.Ecchymosis is setting in.Who are you?
脉搏 48 还在上升 呼吸 21 开始出现瘀斑 你是谁
I'm Corporal James Tanner, sir.You're in need of a phonologist. What?
我是詹姆斯·泰纳下士 先生 听说您需要一位音系学家 什么
A shorthand, sir.Yes. In here.
就是速记员 先生 对 过来
Mr. Hill will be asking questions of the witnesses before Chief Justice Cartter.
希尔先生会在首席法官卡特之前 问目击者一些问题
词汇解析
1、get down
使沮丧;使忧郁
At times when my work gets me down, I like to fantasize about being a farmer.
有时当工作让我沮丧时,我喜欢幻想自己是一个农场主。
俯身;跪下;趴下
She got down on her hands and knees on the floor.
她双手撑地跪在地上。
Get down!' she yelled. Somebody's shooting!
“趴下!”她大声喊道,“有人开枪!”
写下;记下
The idea has been going around in my head for quite a while and now I am getting it down on paper.
这个想法在我脑海里萦绕许久了,我现在就将它写在纸上。
(费力地)吞下;勉强咽下
I bit into a hefty slab of bread and cheese. When I had got it down I started talking.
我咬了一大块面包和奶酪,强咽下去之后开始说话。

2、testimony
(法庭上的)证词
His testimony was an important element of the Prosecution case.
他的证词是这宗公诉案件中的一个重要因素。
Prosecutors may try to determine if Robb gave false testimony when he appeared before the grand jury.
检方可能要努力查证罗布在大陪审团面前是否作了伪证。
证明;证据
This book is testimony to a very individual kind of courage.
这本书显示了个人非凡的勇气。
Her living room is also her office, filled with desks, books, papers, a testimony to her dedication to her work.
她的客厅也是她的办公室,里面摆满了书桌、书籍和文件,充分证明了她的敬业精神。
