《名人传记》之刺杀林肯第24期:宣誓永不弃剑
日期:2016-10-13 19:00

(单词翻译:单击)

名人传记

Well, here's the man who don't like General Lee,here for his mail.

不喜欢李将军的人 来取信了

I told you, Harry,I don't like the way he surrendered.

我跟你说 哈利 我是不喜欢他投降的方式


Given his sword by the Senate in Richmond and swearing an oath never to give it up,

在里士满参议院领剑时 他宣誓永不弃剑

he should have died on the battlefield before rendering his Southern manhood to the butcher Grant.

他应该在向屠夫格兰特 放弃他南部人的男子气概前 就战死沙场才对

That's what I said, Harry, and it's what I meant.

我说的是这个意思 哈利

Now, let's just hope he's not paraded through the streets as the Romans did their captives, huh?

希望他不会被拉着游街示众 就像罗马人对待战俘那样

Thank you, Raybold.Well, I'll be sure to ask the president his plan in that regard.

谢谢 雷蒙 我会去问问总统这是否在他的计划当中

The president? You mean the buffoon who walked into Jeff Davis' house in Richmond,

总统 你指的是那个 大摇大摆走进杰夫·戴维斯 在里士满的家中

threw his legs over the chair,and spit tobacco juice all over the place?

把腿放在椅子上 把烟沫吐得到处都是的小丑吗

He don't chew tobacco, John.Or I would've put a spittoon in the presidential box tonight.

他并不嚼烟 约翰 不然今晚我就在总统包厢里放个痰盂了

A messenger from Mr. Lincoln called this morning for tickets,for them and General and Mrs. Grant.

林肯先生的信使今早打电话过来 给自己和将军夫妇订了票

Maybe we'll have Robert E. Lee and old Jefferson Davis himself in another box, both of them in chains.

不如把罗伯特·E·李和杰佛逊·戴维斯 安排到另一包厢里 锁一块得了

I thought he was attending Grover's tonight.

我还以为他今晚要去格罗弗剧院

词汇解析

1、swear

咒骂;诅咒;说脏话

It's wrong to swear and shout.

破口大骂是不对的。

They swore at them and ran off.

他们骂了他们后就跑掉了。

发誓要;郑重承诺

Alan swore that he would do everything in his power to help us.

艾伦许诺要尽其所能帮助我们。

We have sworn to fight cruelty wherever we find it.

我们发誓要见恶除恶。

发誓,郑重声明,保证(所说属实)

I swear I've told you all I know.

我发誓我已经把我所知道的全都告诉你了。

I swear on all I hold dear that I had nothing to do with this.

我以身家性命担保,我和这件事无关。


2、parade

(庆祝重大日子或事件的)游行行列

A military parade marched slowly and solemnly down Pennsylvania Avenue.

阅兵队列沿宾夕法尼亚大道缓慢而庄严地行进。

游行;成群结队地行走

More than four thousand soldiers, sailors and airmen paraded down the Champs Elysee.

逾4,000名陆、海、空三军将士在香榭丽舍大街游行。

Everybody was beginning to parade back to the village.

大家开始成群结队地返回村庄。

阅兵式;阅兵典礼

He had them on parade at six o'clock in the morning.

他让他们早晨6点列队接受检阅。

Morning parade was in progress on the parade ground.

阅兵场正在进行早间检阅。

分享到