亚洲社会文化研究(MP3+双语字幕) 第25期:关于移民的对话(25)
日期:2016-07-21 09:16

(单词翻译:单击)

视听文本

So I feel like there's been a lot of confusion, and I wish that people would take a step back
因此我想会有很多困惑,
and actually look at the facts before they rushed to some conclusion about where they are on immigration
但是我希望人们能在鲁莽地做出决定去哪里移民前退一步,看清事情的真相。
I know it's a very emotional issue.
我知道这是个十分情绪化的问题。
But I guess for once, although we're very much in general about keeping emotion alive,
但我猜尽管我们在保持情感活力一般,
but I do think that in this instance it would be nice if people relied on their reason as well as their emotion.
但我认为在这个距离,如果人们依靠他们的理由,也依靠他们的情感,这就太棒了。

关于移民的对话.jpg

Jim Carroll: Ladies and Gentlemen, comments, questions? I'm not sure exactly what our plan is.
吉姆:女士们,先生们,意见或问题?我不确定我们的计划如何。
Do we have a microphone that's available to people?
我们有给观众的麦克风吗?
Or should you just stand up and speak in a good loud voice? Questions?
或者你站着,用高音炮?有问题吗?
Guest: I'll just start it by saying, I'm ashamed of this country.
客人:就从我开始吧,我为这个国家羞愧。
I'm ashamed of this attitude against immigration. I mean where do the people who're against it think they came from?
我为阻挡移民的这种态度而羞愧。我的意思是。那些反对移民的人自认为他们是从哪里来的呢?
Jim Carroll: And I'm going to either repeat your question or your comments in parts, or I'd also invite you to stand.
吉姆:我重复一下你的问题或部分的评论,我也请你面对。
Guest: Oh, I'd rather die.
客人:哦,我快要窒息了
Jim Carroll: Well, please don't do that.
吉姆:好,请别那么做。
Gish Jen: Everyone could hear her.
任碧莲:每个人都能听到她说的。
Jim Carroll: This woman is front is saying that she is ashamed of her country in the way this conversation is going. Go ahead.
吉姆:这位女士之前说她为她的国家感到羞耻,继续!
Guest: The anti-immigration attitude amazes me.
客人:抵抗移民的态度使我震惊
The people who're against immigrants, where do they come from in the first place?
人们抵抗外来者,难道他们就是土生土长的吗?
Who was, oh god, now I'm disorganized. I mean, who wasn't born somewhere else way, way, way back?
谁是,我的天呐,现在混乱了,我的意思是,追根溯源到人们的祖先
It just baffles me. I live in France half the time,
任何人不都是在其他地方出生的吗?这使我困惑。
and they have their problems but they don't understand the people of Arizona there.
我一半的时间生活在法国,他们有他们的问题,但他们不理解亚利桑那的人们。
I can't explain it. I can't be an ambassador for this country as long as this horrible dialogue is going on.
我说不清楚。只要这个可怕的对话继续,我不能成为这个国家的代表。

注:音频有一段提问的内容声音太小无法做字幕就截掉了,文本中有完整的截掉的内容。

视频及简介

课程介绍:

本课程由新亚洲研究计划及Barbara和Richard M. Rosenberg东亚研究所提供,旨在加深我们对亚洲社会和国家在历史、政治、经济、哲学、文化和语言各方面的了解。

原声视频:


分享到
重点单词
  • conversationn. 会话,谈话
  • conclusionn. 结论
  • confusionn. 混乱,混淆,不确定状态
  • microphonen. 麦克风,扩音器
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • disorganizedadj. 无组织的;紊乱的
  • emotionaladj. 感情的,情绪的
  • issuen. 发行物,期刊号,争论点 vi. & vt 发行,流
  • availableadj. 可用的,可得到的,有用的,有效的