(单词翻译:单击)
演讲文本
We did a game called Superstruct
我们在“未来研究所”
at The Institute For The Future.
做了一个叫"Superstruct"的游戏
And the premise was a supercomputer has calculated
这个游戏的假设是,
that humans have only 23 years left on the planet.
超级计算机经过计算发现人类在地球上只剩下23年的生存时间了
This supercomputer was called the Global Extinction
这台超级计算机被称作:
Awareness System, of course.
全球灭绝预测系统
We asked people to come online
人们在游戏中就像是处在
almost like a Jerry Bruckheimer movie.
杰里·布鲁克海默的电影里
You know Jerry Bruckheimer movies, you form a dream team --
大家都知道杰里·布鲁克海默的电影,你组织一个梦之队
you've got the astronaut, the scientist, the ex-convict,
你的小分队成员里有宇航员、科学家、曾经的罪犯
and they all have something to do to save the world.
他们各自有一些拯救世界的本领
But in our game, instead of just having five people
在我们设计的游戏里,我们没有采用五人小组模式
on the dream team, we said, "Everybody's on the dream team,
我们设计成了人人都可以是这个精英小分队的一员
and it's your job to invent the future of energy,
你的职责就是开发
the future of food, the future of health,
未来的能源、食物、医疗保健、
the future of security and the future of the social safety net."
安全体制和全社会安全的网络
We had 8,000 people play that game for eight weeks.
我们有8000人玩这个游戏,玩了有8周
They came up with 500 insanely creative solutions
他们总结出了500条疯狂但是极具创造力的解决方案
that you can go online, if you Google "Superstruct," and see.
如果你能上网,登陆Google搜索关键字"Superstruct",你就能看到结果
So, finally, the last game,
最后一个游戏
we're launching it March 3rd. This is a game done with the World Bank Institute.
我们将会在三月三日将其上线。这个游戏是与世界银行学院合作完成的
If you complete the game you will be certified
如果你能完成这个游戏,
by the World Bank Institute,
你将会获得世界银行学院的认证
as a Social Innovator, class of 2010.
成为2010届社会创新者
Working with universities all over sub-Saharan Africa,
通过与撒哈拉以南非洲各地的大学的合作
and we are inviting them to learn social innovation skills.
我们正在邀请他们参加社会创新能力的学习
We've got a graphic novel, we've got leveling up
游戏更像一本漫画小说。
in skills like local insight, knowledge networking,
我们有关于各项技能的均衡,像深刻的洞察力、知识网络、
sustainability, vision and resourcefulness.
可持续性、远见和机智等
I would like to invite all of you
我诚挚的邀请诸位能
to please share this game with young people,
把这个游戏分享给年轻人
anywhere in the world, particularly in developing areas,
无论在世界何处,特别是那些发展中的地区
who might benefit from coming together
这个游戏可以把人们集中到一起,让他们开始设想他们自己的社会企业去拯救世界
to try to start to imagine their own
人们肯定可以从这个游戏中
social enterprises to save the world.
获得灵感(受益)
So, I'm going to wrap up now.
我就要结束我的演讲了
I want to ask a question.
我想问一个问题
What do you think happens next?
将来会发生什么?
We've got all these amazing gamers,
我们拥有这么多优秀的游戏玩家
we've got these games that are kind of pilots of what we might do,
我们玩的这些游戏里就含有可能是我们未来所要做的事情的试验
but none of them have saved the real world yet.
但没有任何事情曾拯救过现实世界
Well I hope that you will agree with me
我希望大家能同意我的观点
that gamers are a human resource
即,游戏玩家是一个巨大的人力资源库
that we can use to do real-world work,
我们可以让他们去完成现实世界的工作
that games are a powerful platform for change.
正因为如此,游戏是一个有效的变革平台
We have all these amazing superpowers:
我们拥有这些美妙的超能力、
blissful productivity, the ability
幸福的生产力、
to weave a tight social fabric,
组织严密社会结构的能力
this feeling of urgent optimism and the desire for epic meaning.
以及紧急乐观和对史诗意义的渴望
I really hope that we can come together
我真诚的希望我们能一起来玩那些好的游戏
to play games that matter, to survive on this planet for another century.
籍此在接下来的一个世纪里能生存在这个星球上
And that's my hope, that you will join me
我希望大家能加入到我们当中来,
in making and playing games like this.
去制作或者是支持这样的游戏
When I look forward to the next decade,
当我期待着下一个十年时
I know two things for sure:
我对两件事情非常肯定
that we can make any future we can imagine,
首先,我们能创造出任何我们所能想象出的未来
and we can play any games we want.
其次,我们可以玩任何我们想玩的游戏
So, I say: Let the world-changing games begin.
让我们从游戏着手改变这个世界
Thank you.
谢谢大家
视频及简介
演讲简介:
像《魔兽世界》这样的游戏,提供了一个让玩家在虚拟空间充当救世主的角色,并且同时激励这些玩家学习那些英雄们所具有的良好品质。那么我们能否利用这种机制去解决现实世界中的问题呢?Jane McGonigal说可以,并且给出了她的理由。