(单词翻译:单击)
演讲文本
Now, they had half the civilization
古人通过所掌握的
go off in search of a new world,
二分之一的文明去寻找新世界
so that's where I get my 21 billion hours a week of game-play from.
而我们现在则有每周长达210亿小时的玩游戏时间
Let's get half of us to agree
让我们中一半的人
to spend an hour a day playing games,
每天玩游戏一小时
until we solve real-world problems.
直至我们可以去解决现实生活中的问题
Now, I know you're asking, "How are we going to solve real world problems
你可能会问,“我们在游戏中如何解决现实中的问题呢?”
in games?" Well, that's what I have devoted my work to
这也是我在过去的几年中积极投身
over the past few years,
我从事的工作的原因
at The Institute For The Future.
我工作的地方叫“未来研究所”
We have this banner in our offices in Palo Alto,
这是我们在帕洛阿尔托办公室里的广告
and it expresses our view of how we should try to relate to the future.
它给出了我们关于如何看待未来的观点
We do not want to try to predict the future.
我们不会试着去预言未来
What we want to do is make the future.
但,我们会创造未来
We want to imagine the best-case scenario outcome,
我们曾经设想过最好情况的结果
and then we want to empower people
然后,我们想通过努力
to make that outcome a reality.
让人们将那个设想变成现实
We want to imagine epic wins,
我们渴望史诗般的胜利
and then give people the means to achieve the epic win.
同时也给予人们实现胜利的途径
I'm just going to very briefly show you three games that I've made
我想给大家简短的介绍三款我做的游戏
that are an attempt to give people the means
他们都是一些尝试,
to create epic wins in their own futures.
尝试着给未来的人们能创造属于自己的史诗般的胜利,提供一些方法
So, this is World Without Oil.
这是《无油世界》
We made this game in 2007.
这款游戏制作于2007年
This is an online game in which you try to survive
这是一款网络游戏,
an oil shortage.
它让你在石油短缺的时候设法生存
The oil shortage is fictional,
石油短缺是虚构的
but we put enough online content out there
但是我们会投入很多的内容在里面
for you to believe that it's real, and to live your real life
你就会认为那是真的,并且这会影响你的现实生活
as if we've run out of oil. So when you come to the game,
让你感觉我们已经没有石油可用了。因此,当你打开游戏
you sign up, you tell us where you live,
注册,并告诉我们你的居住地
and then we give you real-time news, videos,
我们就会给你实时的新闻视频数据
data feeds that show you
精确地告诉你
exactly how much oil costs,
石油的成本
what's not available, how food supply is being affected,
什么是不可用,食物供应是如何受到影响的
how transportation is being affected,
运输是如何受到影响的
if schools are closed, if there is rioting,
并且会告诉你学校是否被关闭,哪里里发生了骚乱
and you have to figure out how you would live your real life
如果这一切都是真的,你就会找出如何处理现实生活中的这些问题的方法
as if this were true. And then we ask you to blog about it,
我们会要求你将这些东西发布到博客上
to post videos, to post photos.
上传视频或者照片
We piloted this game with 1,700 players in 2007,
在2007年,有1700人参加了这款游戏的测试
and we've tracked them for the three years since.
我们跟踪了这些测试者接下来三年的生活
And I can tell you that this is a transformative experience.
我可以告诉诸位的是这是一段极具改造作用的经历
Nobody wants to change how they live
没有人希望改变他们的生活方式
just because it's good for the world, or because we're supposed to.
或者是因为他们觉得对环境无损,或者是因为他们觉得这顺理成章
But if you immerse them in an epic adventure
但是,如果你让他们着沉浸于一个异乎寻常的经历当中
and tell them, "We've run out of oil.
并且告诉他们,“我们已经耗尽我们的石油。”
This is an amazing story and adventure for you to go on.
这将是你听说的一个美妙的故事和异乎寻常的经历
Challenge yourself to see how you would survive,"
挑战自己,看看你将如何生存
most of our players have kept up the habits
大部分的游戏玩家
that they learned in this game.
保留了他们在游戏中形成的习惯
So, for the next world-saving game,
在接下来的一款拯救世界的游戏里
we decided to aim higher: bigger problem than just peak oil.
我们的选择的问题比石油短缺变得更难、更大
视频及简介
演讲简介:
像《魔兽世界》这样的游戏,提供了一个让玩家在虚拟空间充当救世主的角色,并且同时激励这些玩家学习那些英雄们所具有的良好品质。那么我们能否利用这种机制去解决现实世界中的问题呢?Jane McGonigal说可以,并且给出了她的理由。