TED十佳演讲之性别无限:一位敢去开车的沙特妇女
日期:2015-09-24 10:50

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

Allow me to start this talk with a question to everyone.
请允许我以一个问题开始
You know that all over the world,
你清楚世界各地
people fight for their freedom,
有人为了自由而奋斗
fight for their rights.
有人为了权利而战
Some battle oppressive governments.
有的人反抗压迫他们的政府
Others battle oppressive societies.
有的人对抗强权的社会阶层
Which battle do you think is harder?
你们觉得哪种挑战更难?
Allow me to try to answer this question
请允许我在后面的几分钟里
in the few coming minutes.
再来回答这个问题
Let me take you back two years ago in my life.
跟随我回到两年前我的生活里
It was the bedtime of my son, Aboody.
那是在我儿子阿布迪快要睡觉的时候
He was five at the time.
那时候他只有5岁
After finishing his bedtime rituals,
在完成了睡前祷告后
he looked at me and he asked a question:
他看着我,问道:
"Mommy, are we bad people?"
“妈妈,我们是不是坏人呀?”
I was shocked.
我一下没了主意
"Why do you say such things, Aboody?"
“阿布迪,你为什么要说这些呢?”
Earlier that day, I noticed some bruises
那天早些时候,当他从学校回来时
on his face when he came from school.
我发现他脸上有些瘀伤
He wouldn't tell me what happened.
他不肯告诉我发生了什么
he was ready to tell.
他肯说了
"Two boys hit me today in school.
“今天在学校里,两个男生揍了我
They told me, 'We saw your mom on Facebook.
然后他们对我说:’我们在脸谱网上看到你妈妈了
You and your mom should be put in jail.'"
你跟你妈妈都应该被送进监狱' "
I've never been afraid to tell Aboody anything.
我从来都不害怕告诉阿布迪任何事情
I've been always a proud woman of my achievements.
因为我的成就,我一直是一个自豪的母亲
But those questioning eyes of my son
但当我儿子的眼中流露出质疑
were my moment of truth,
当这一切袭来
when it all came together.
我知道这是很关键的一刻
You see, I'm a Saudi woman who had been put in jail
你要知道,在沙特女人是不允许开车的
for driving a car in a country
我就是因为这个
where women are not supposed to drive cars.
曾经进过监狱
Just for giving me his car keys,
也就是因为把车钥匙给了我
my own brother was detained twice,
我的亲哥哥被拘留了两次
and he was harassed to the point he had
之后他不断被骚扰
to quit his job as a geologist,
以至于不得不放弃他地理学家的工作
leave the country with his wife and two-year-old son.
带着他的妻子和两岁大的儿子,逃离了这个国家
My father had to sit in a Friday sermon
我父亲坐在一个周五的讲道里
listening to the imam condemning women drivers
在无数信徒面前
and calling them prostitutes
听阿訇训斥女司机
amongst tons of worshippers,
辱骂她们是妓女
some of them our friends and family of my own father.
那些信徒们有的是我们的朋友,有的是我父亲的亲人
I was faced with an organized defamation campaign
我曾面对过一个有组织的诽谤组织
in the local media combined with false rumors
利用当地媒体与不实的谣言
shared in family gatherings, in the streets
在家庭聚会、在街头巷尾、
and in schools.
在学校中讹传
It all hit me.
这深深地伤害了我
It came into focus that those kids
这件事的重点是
did not mean to be rude to my son.
那些孩子并不是有意欺负我儿子的
They were just influenced by the adults around them.
他们其实是被周围的成人带坏的
And it wasn't about me, and it wasn't a punishment
这不仅仅是针对我的
for taking the wheel and driving a few miles.
不是因为开车走了几公里所带来的惩罚
It was a punishment for daring to challenge
它的本质是镇压那些
the society's rules.
敢于质疑传统旧社会秩序的人

视频及简介

演讲简介

在沙特阿拉伯, 并没有那么一条成文法律不允许妇女开车。但这种行为却是被禁止的。两年前,马纳尔谢里夫决定身体力行去鼓励女性打破传统去开车,她把她自己开车的视频晒在YOUTUBE上。来听听她的故事里后来都发生了什么吧。


分享到
重点单词
  • defamationn. 中伤;诽谤
  • wheeln. 轮子,车轮,方向盘,周期,旋转 vi. 旋转,转动
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • jailn. 监牢,监狱,拘留所 vt. 监禁,下狱
  • oppressiveadj. 压迫的,沉重的,压抑的
  • organizedv. 组织
  • questioningn. 质问 v. 询问,审问(question的现在分词
  • rudeadj. 粗鲁的,无礼的 adj. 粗糙的,粗野的
  • sermonn. 布道,说教
  • campaignn. 运动,活动,战役,竞选运动 v. 从事运动,参加竞