第76篇:不要觉得别扭
日期:2014-10-28 16:53
(单词翻译:单击)
Lesson 76. Live and Let Live
第76课 自己活也让别人活
Paul and Wendy are talking about the Amish. (P=Paul; W=Wendy)
保罗和温迪正在谈论有关亚米希人的事。
What do you plan to do in the summer, Wendy?
夏天你打算做什么, 温迪?
To be frank, I haven't made any plans. What about you?
坦白说, 我还没做任何打算。你呢?
I'm thinking of going to Indiana.
我想要去印第安纳州。
What on earth for?
究竟是为了什么?
To tell the truth, I want to see how the Amish people live.
坦白说, 我想要看看亚米希人是怎么过日子的。
What for? From what I hear, they're boring people.
干嘛?我听说他们这些人很无聊。
To be honest, I think they're kind of weird.
老实说, 我认为他们有点怪异。
Nonsense! In fact, their simple way of life is quite appealing to me.
乱讲!其实他们简朴的生活方式令我非常向往。
Well, to each their own, I guess.
嗯, 我想是人各有所好吧。
Exactly, I wish more people would just live and let live.
正是, 我希望有更多的人能自己活也让别人活。