英语畅谈世界文化 Lesson2:Eva Perón 伊娃庇隆
日期:2008-10-18 00:05

(单词翻译:单击)

Oh,I wish could be famous
唉, 我真希望自己能成为名人.
Maybe you could become famous for another reason, besides acting.
除了表演这一行之外, 也许在其他方面你也能出名。
What about Eva Peron?
象伊娃·庇隆那样怎么样?
What about Eva Peron?
伊娃·庇隆吗?
Or should I say "Evita", didn't Madonna play her in the movie?
或者我应该说是"埃维塔", 是不是电影中麦当娜扮演的那个?
Yes, she did. Evita was an actress, but she became famous for being the First Lady of Argentina.
是的,就是她. 埃维塔是个演员, 但她出名是因为她是阿根廷第一夫人.
Maybe you could try another approch.
也许你可以试试其他途径.
We are complete opposites, I mean she grew up very poor with five brothers and sisters, a mother, and no father.
我们两完全不同, 我是说她的家境贫寒, 她和无个兄弟姐妹及母亲生活在一起, 但没有父亲.
Yes, I know your parents are rich and you are an only chirld.
是的,我知道你父母很富有, 你还是独生女.
Did you know Eca's mother did not send her to school, but made her work in the kitchens of rich families?
你知道伊娃的妈妈为什么不送她去学校, 而是让她在富人家的厨房干活?
Well, I'd never work in a kitchen.
我绝对不会干这样的活.
She ran away to Buenos Aires when she was 16 to become an actress.
她16岁就离家出走去了布宜诺斯艾利斯, 后来就当了演员。
Good decision I say.
我认为这个决定做的很好.
After that, in 1944, Eva met a young army coloned named Juan Peron.
之后,1944年伊娃遇到了年轻的陆军上校胡安·庇隆.
They were married in a year and she helped him run for the presidency in 1946. They won.
一年后,他们结了婚.1946年, 她帮助他竞选总统,最终获胜.
Then Eva started her own foundation that built hundreds of schools and hospotals in Argentina.
然后,伊娃创办了自己的基金会, 在阿根廷建了几百所学校和医院.
What a wonderful woman!
多么了不起的女人!
Eva was also an advocate for the education of women.
此外,伊娃倡导妇女教育,
She also helped the poor workers of Argentina gain a voice and respect in the country that previously explotited them.
还帮助阿根廷穷苦工人在曾经剥削他们的国家里争取到了发言权和应有的尊重。
So you are saying that I should marry a politician?
那你是说我应该嫁个政治家了?
Or become a supporter of women's rights?
要不就做妇女权利的维护者?
No, not exactly.
不,不全是这样。
I just think you could learn a lot from her.
我只是想你能从伊娃身上学到很多东西。
She was considered by many to be a politician, not an actress.
很多人认为她是个政治家,而不是演员.
There had never been a female politician in Argentina before, but people believed in her.
阿根廷的历史上从来就没有女政治家,不过人们就是信任她.
Hmmm... maybe I could do something like that..
嗯... ...也许我也可以那样做做。
Unfortunately her political career only lasted for 4 years.
不幸的是,她的政治生涯只维持了4年。
In 1950 she was diagnosed with cancer and died in 1952.
1950年她被查出患有癌症,1952年去世.
Evita's story can teach us all that it is possible to defy fate.
我们从埃维塔的故事所能学到的是,与命运抗争并不是不可能的.
At that time a woman's place was in the home, not behind a desk.
在当时,妇女的位置是在家里,而不是在办公室.
Maybe I could do some volunteer work? I would like to help people.
也许我能做些志愿者的工作?我愿意帮助他人.
What an inspiring story!
多么令人鼓舞的故事!

分享到
重点单词
  • previouslyadv. 先前,在此之前
  • advocaten. 提倡者,拥护者,辩护者,律师 v. 主张,提倡
  • defyvt. 反抗,藐视,挑衅
  • inspiringadj. 令人振奋的,激励人的,鼓舞人心的
  • decisionn. 决定,决策
  • actingn. 演戏,行为,假装 adj. 代理的,临时的,供演出
  • politiciann. 政治家,政客
  • foundationn. 基础,根据,建立 n. 粉底霜,基金会
  • kitchenn. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间