大西洋帝国第四季(MP3+中英字幕):第3集:向西北发展
日期:2017-03-21 15:29

(单词翻译:单击)

Mr. Phillips. What brings you to our little town?
菲利普斯先生,你来这个小地方有何贵干
We're expanding into the northeast and I'm here to set it up.
我们在向西北发展,我是来开超市的
Who's he?
他是谁
Guy who works for us.
给我们办事的人
You stay. I've got to go over something with him.
你留下,我要跟他说件事
Mr. Narcisse.
纳西斯先生
Dr. Narcisse, Mr. Thompson.
是纳西斯医生,汤普森先生
Your friend is facing a difficulty.
你的朋友现在遇到困境了
Your employee slashed the throat of my employee.
你的雇员割了我一位雇员的喉咙
Just say how much.
开个价吧
It is for you to decide what your friendship is worth.
你们的友情值多少,你说了算
10% of the club. That's my judgment.
俱乐部收入的一成,这是我的建议
And the other problem goes away.
其余的问题迎刃而解
Here.
给你
Thanks.
谢谢
What's your name?
你叫什么
Roger.
罗杰
What is this?
这是什么
It's just heroin. That's all.
海洛因
Do you have any family?
你有妻儿吗
Wife, two girls.
妻子,两个女儿
I can't.
我做不到
How did Dickie know what hotel to find you in?
迪基怎么知道你住哪家酒店
I was raped.
我是被强奸的
Yet this is a tale I've heard one time too many.
不过,这种故事我听得太多了
No. No. No!
不要,不要,不要
Regarding Florida...
关于佛罗里达
I have not packed your bags yet.
我还没给您收拾东西
And that, my boy, is how it's done.
老伙计,就是这么干的
Welcome to Tampa,
欢迎来到坦帕市
land of money, cunny,
这里有金钱,女人
and where it's always sunny.
还有永远的阳光
First two sound good, but the third I could do without.
头两样还不错,第三样不要也罢
Eight months in stir, you'd sing a different tune.
待上八个月,你就不这么想了
There's either a three-mile limit or there ain't.
三公里领海,要么有这界限要么没有
Am I right? Tell it to the judge.
是不是, 去跟法官说吧
I did and I still got fucked.
我说了,可还是被坑了
All right, 15-love.
好了, 15L
Three ships full of scotch gone.
三船的威士忌就这么没了
Like that.
消失了
Tell me there ain't some admiral with his feet up
你说真的没有哪个海军上将翘着腿
sipping my booze every night.
每晚享用我的美酒吗
Onward and upward, that's what I always say.
步步为营,我总这么说
Speaking of which...
说到这事
I read the prospectus. It's a sweet deal, Nuck.
我读过计划书了, 好生意啊,努基
Right on the Gulf, couple days' sail from the Bahamas.
就在墨西哥湾,行船去巴哈马群岛就几天
We off-load on the beach, truck it anywhere you like.
我们在海滩上卸货,想往哪运往哪运
Sounds the same as Jersey to me.
泽西不也是这样吗
But with better cigars.
但是雪茄更好
26 hours in a Pullman, I bet you'd like to unwind.
在铂尔曼酒店待了二十六小时,你肯定想放松放松
Wouldn't say no to a shower.
冲个澡当然好了
Go rest. Take a nap.
去休息吧,打个盹
And if you want something sweet to go with that stogie,
如果抽烟不解闷,想要点好玩的
I'll send a friendly little cubanita up to your room.
我就派个小妞上你那儿去
Hot shower will do for now.
冲个热水澡就好
What time later? - 6:00 P.M.
待会儿什么时候, 晚上六点
Speak called Sally's off the inlet.
消息说萨利已经进港了
Nuck.
努克
Tucker's very excited to meet you.
塔克很想见你的
Most people are until they do.
很多人没见到我之前都是这么期待
Like all races,
像所有人种一样
the Libyan race will be saved by its exceptional men.
那些优秀的成员将拯救整个利比亚人种
Education and work are the levers to uplift our people.
教育和工作是扶持我们进步的手段
But work must be guided by intelligence.
但是工作一定要用脑子
And education must teach life.
教育要惠及人生
The new Negro must be tutored in thought and culture.
新黑人要用思想和文化武装自己
We shall continue our discussion next week.
我们下周继续讨论
Remember, my brothers,
记住,我的兄弟们
no man who continues to add to the material,
任何一个为他生存的地方
intellectual, and moral well-being of the place in which he lives
贡献物资,智慧和道德修养的人
is left long without proper reward.
都会很快得到回报
Mr. Madden.
麦登先生
Say hello to Arnold Rothstein.
这位是阿诺德·罗斯坦
An honor to have finally made your acquaintance.
非常荣幸最终还是见到了您
Please.
请坐
Mr. Madden tells me you're interested in heroin.
麦登先生告诉我你对海洛因感兴趣
As a commodity, yes.
作为商品,是的
This is a business with which you are familiar?
你熟悉这个生意吗
One of many.
其中之一
Biggest fish in Harlem.
哈林区最大生意人
However, I do intend to expand to other Libyan markets.
但是我的确有意开拓其他的利比亚生意
Libyan?
利比亚
What he calls the coloreds.
他是指黑人
You are a dependable and amply stocked supplier?
您是可靠且充裕的货源吗
One who requires the utmost discretion.
我只跟做事谨慎的人打交道
He's got my vouch like I told you.
我说过了,我可以给他作担保
20 pounds uncut.
二十磅纯货
I will weigh it myself to ensure good measure.
我将自己称重以保证数量
80,000 in cash.
八千块现金
Large bills only.
只要大面额
Why would you expect otherwise?
不然还能怎样
My understanding you control the local numbers racket.
据我了解,你控制这里的赌博市场
Therefore, I transact my business like a schoolboy
因此,我做生意都像是小学生
dealing in pennies, nickels, and dimes.
全都用零钱
It's not my intention to offend you.
我无意冒犯你
Nonetheless, you succeeded despite yourself.
但你还是冒犯了我
To whom do I dispatch payment?
我要把钱交给谁
My associate Mr. Diamond will be in touch.
我的助手戴蒙德先生会联系你
I have other business with Mr. Madden.
我跟麦登先生还有其他事要谈
Gentlemen.
两位,告辞了
Daughter Maitland,
道特·梅特兰
she's been performing at your Cotton Club.
她在你的棉花俱乐部表演
Nice piece of tail.
漂亮的女人
I will require her services elsewhere.
我要她去别的地方干活儿
Fine with me. Just have Dickie drop by with a replacement.
我没意见,让迪基给我找个替她的就行
God will bring every deed to judgment,
上帝将对每一件事做出审判
with every secret thing,
对每一个秘密
either good or evil.
不论是善是恶
Mr. Pastor will not be returning.
帕斯特先生回不来了
He's got it all worked out. The world's expert.
他自己都研究明白了,世界一流专家
Two miles of road to pave and cash on the barrelhead.
要铺两英里路,而且是现款
So you know what I told him, Rick?
你知道我怎么说的吗,里克
I said, "What you want is the Piedmont gravel."
"我看你要的是山麓砾石"
He wasn't having any of it.
他可不管
Four tons of creek rock,
四吨鹅卵石
and now the whole order needs to be redone.
现在要重新下订单了
How frustrating.
太让人沮丧了
No skin off me, but a man's got to know his business.
我倒无所谓,可你得懂行啊
Don't he, Rick?
是不是,里克
He sure do, Hube.
他肯定是内行,休伯
Say, how's Saturday?
周六怎么样
Okay. I'll drive up after we close.
行,我们关门之后我开车过来
Get started on clearing out that barn.
帮你们把谷仓清理干净
Richard said he'll do it,
理查德说他会做的
so there's no need.
不用麻烦你了
Heck, I don't mind, Emmy.
我不介意的,艾米
Truth to tell, I enjoy the company.
说实话,我很喜欢有人陪
Why don't you call first?
怎么不先打电话过来
These are for the drive back to town.
回去路上吃
Keep feeding me and I'll come back.
一直投食,我就会再来
Stray dogs and bachelors, eh, Rick?
流浪狗与单身汉皆是如此,对吧里克
Well, see you in the funnies.
我们回头见
I would have picked the pea gravel.
是我就会选择鹅卵石
Could have gone with the river run.
或许被河水冲走了呢
That's a nice bit of rock, Emmy.
那石头不错,艾米
He's not so bad,
他也不那么坏
is he?
是吧
As a brother-in-law?
当姐夫吗
He lost someone too, you know.
他也失去过爱人,你明白
And his folks, they're good people.
还有他父母,也是好人
They wanted me to move into town with them after Gerry died.
杰里去世后他们请我搬去镇上一起住
You can have our old room.
你可以住我们以前的房间
I'll set up in Mother and Father's.
我去爸爸妈妈房间
Needs painting.
那房间需要粉刷
Well, add it to your chores.
这事就交给你了
Some curtains, maybe.
或许还要添置窗帘
And a hobbyhorse.
还有小木马
Make it a proper nursery.
做个像样的育儿室
The crib's stored out in the barn.
婴儿床在谷仓里
I'd fetch it myself, but--
我可以自己去拿,但是
I haven't asked you for any--
我没问你要过...
Just take it.
拿着吧
Take it and pay the taxes.
拿去交税
The what?
交什么
The backaxax. I sasathe letter..
欠交税款,我看见信了
That's enough to cover it.
这些钱足够了
I paid the taxes.
我交过税了
I sold the Hudson and I paid them.
我把哈德森车卖了交的税
The assessor rang. He said--
估税员来电话,他说...
Is this Mr. Case?
是科斯先生吗
He didn't give a name.
他没报名字
Well, I'm not paying them twice.
我不会交两份钱的
Put that money away and let's not talk about it. All right?
把钱收起来,以后别再提了,好吗
This land is opportunity
这片土地就是机遇
and you can double your investment in a month,
一个月下来您的投资就能翻翻
especially with the railroad expanding.
尤其是铁通还在扩建
Just last week there was
就在上周
a shipping clerk from Syracuse.
一个锡拉丘兹来的航运员
never left the train station.
都没出火车站
Sold his deed in the washroom,
在洗手间里就把地卖了
headed back north on the next train 15,000 to the good.
带着一万五千块回了北方
I'll tell you, Mr. Logan,
我跟您说,罗根先生
you will not be sorry.
你是不会后悔的
Thanks, buddy.
谢了兄弟
Quite a racket.
很帅气
It's a Bancroft.
牌子货
I was talking about the real estate game.
我说的是地产买卖
Say, can any Joe buy in?
任何人都可以买吗
Well, sure, if he's got the dough.
当然,只要有资本
Just so happens I'm selling lots in Pineapple Grove.
我手头正好有大片菠萝林的地要卖
Hottest new development in Tampa.
坦帕市最火的开发区
Is that so?
是吗
Say, that shipping clerk who sold his deed in the washroom,
那个在洗手间里卖了地产的职员
did he wipe the shit off his hands before he signed it?
签字时手上的屎擦净了吗
A wise guy, huh?
聪明人
Call me Nucky. Skeeter Walsh.
叫我努基, 斯基特·沃尔什
Skeeter?
斯基特
Well, Pop said I was always buzzing around, so...
老爸说我当时特别吵...
Not that you're a bloodsucker?
不是说你是吸血鬼
No offense, but I've met my share of salesmen.
无意冒犯,可我见的推销员真是太多了
Well, what we've got sells itself.
我们的东西无需推销
Swampland at 100 bucks an acre.
沼泽地卖到每英亩一百美元
We're only giving people what they want.
我们只给人们想要的
I know a little about that myself.
我就不知道自己想要什么
Again. And for my friend here as well.
再来一杯,给这位朋友也来一杯
Lighter on the blood, heavier on the Mary.
少加橙汁,多加伏特加
So how's this all work?
你们怎么运作的
I'm buying the drinks here, so give it to me square.
酒水我请,所以给我照直说
Well, me and the other fellas, we're Binder Boys, see?
我和这里的小伙子,都是拉客的
We take the deposits, the binders.
我们收定金,抽成
It's 10% usually. Of the purchase price?
一成, 成交价的
Which is enough to hold the property.
这些钱就够买地了
It's booming down here since Temple Terrace opened.
庙台开放之后人潮蜂拥而至
And that's just the beginning. You don't say.
而且这只是开始, 这是自然
There's three more developments coming.
还有更多的开发项目
Country clubs, golf courses, 80 miles of paved streets.
乡村俱乐部,高尔夫球场,八十英里的长街
Not to mention quarter-million-dollar Roman pools.
更不用提耗资二十五万美元的罗马浴场
And the buyers are lining up?
所以买家排起了长龙
Put it this way-- last year there were nine Binder Boys.
这么说吧,去年这里有九个拉客员
This year, 74.
今年,七十四个
I say that you ought to get rich,
我说需要你变富有的时候
it is your duty to get rich.
致富是你的责任
The men who get rich may be the most honest men
富有之人或许就是
you find in the community.
本地最为诚实之人
That is why they are rich.
这就是他们能够富有的原因
That is why they are trusted with money.
也就是他们能够获得金钱信任的原因
That is why they carry on great enterprises
也因此他们才能成就大事业
and find plenty of people to work with them.
并得到许多人的共同帮助
A man is not really a true man
一个人,在拥有属于自己的家之前
until he owns his own home.
都不能算是一个真正的人
And they that own their own homes
拥有属于自己的家的人
are made more honorable and honest and pure.
更光荣,更诚实,更纯净
Bucket. Hey, Henry.
巴克特, 亨利
What's this woofy?
这是搞什么
A speech by old man Conwell.
老家伙康威尔的演讲
Sap sells his farm to go look for diamonds
挖了自己农场想找钻石
when all along his own place is lousy with them.
可是他自家附近什么都没有
Well, ain't that ironical?
是不是很讽刺
Say, who's gonna butt me?
谁给我来支烟
Got a Lucky?
有烟吗
Sure, Bucket.
当然,巴克特
Only my pals call me Bucket.
兄弟才能叫我巴克特
Say, nobody told me Colleen Moore enrolled in school.
没人告诉我考琳·摩尔来上学了(好莱坞女星)
Brother, can you lay it on thick.
兄弟,能老实点儿吗
You sit behind me in English lit.
英国文学课上你坐我后面
So, tonight after lights out,
今晚熄灯之后
we've got some Paul Whiteman records
我们有保罗·惠特曼的唱片
and we are gonna dust off that Victrola.
准备试试留声机
Doris and I already have plans.
我和桃瑞丝已经有安排了
With some juniors from Penn Sigma Chi.
和宾州大学男生会的几个新生
Those bums are all wet. Wet is why we're going.
那几个货衰的很, 衰我们才去
Well, we have plenty of giggle juice.
我们有好东西喝
Actually, we don't.
其实没有啊
Well, that settles that, then, doesn't it?
这就说明一切了
Maybe next time.
下次吧
I can get some.
我能弄到
Some what?
弄到什么
Some booze.

Like fun you can.
能搞到才怪
No, really. I-I know someone.
不,是真的,我有路子
So, tonight, then?
那就今晚
The basement?
地下室
Well, then, it's a date.
那么说定了
He will be great anywhere.
那无论在哪他都将有所成就
I sympathize with the poor,
我同情穷人
but let us remember...
但是别忘了
...there is not a poor person in America,
美利坚合众国没有穷人
the United States, who was not made poor
他们之所以是穷人
by his own shortcomings.
全是因为自己不争气
It's clean, relatively.
还算干净
Certainly spacious enough to fit a bachelor's needs.
对单身汉来说够宽敞
Half expect to see Sherlock Holmes come through the door.
还有点期待福尔摩斯会从门里出来
You're not convinced.
你不喜欢啊
The windows face west.
窗户是朝西的
It'll be like the Sahara come 4:00 P.M.
下午的太阳能晒死我
Then again, I would be at the office.
办公室的太阳已经够我受的了
Are you always so indecisive?
你老是这么拿不定主意吗
Not in business, but personally, yeah.
生意上不是,私事的确是这样
It's endearing.
真惹人爱
Clara found it maddening.
克莱拉觉得烦死人了
Well, Clara was wrong.
那她就错了
You know, I wonder, uh...
其实我在想
Yes? Well...
什么, 那个
Another moment of indecision?
又拿不定主意了吗
This evening...
今晚
a man named Hewson, big Ike in the A&P chain,
有个叫休森,是连锁店的同行
rather old-fashioned from what I hear,
不过思想很保守
he's in town with his wife.
他跟老婆来这了
I'm supposed to meet them for dinner.
我要跟他们共进晚餐
You're not making this easy.
你让我越来越难开口了
Are you asking me to join you?
你是想邀我一起去吗
Well, yes.
是的
But, you see, it's very important it go well.
这顿晚餐很重要
He-- he thinks I'm still married.
他以为我还没离婚
You've never met?
你们还没见过吗
No, I've spoken to him on the phone.
没有,一直是电话联系
If he finds out that I'm divorcing--
要是他发现我离婚了
You want me to pretend to be your wife?
你想让我假扮你妻子
That's not something a gentleman would ask of a lady.
作为绅士,是不该问女士这种问题的
Well, you didn't even have to.
没错,根本不用问
So, what do we think?
二位决定了吗
I'm sorry.
抱歉
These rooms won't do.
这里不行
Check the champagne order
去查查香槟订单
and get me 10 extra four-tops.
再去加十张四人桌
Got that car convention in town.
有个汽车展销会,外地人多
Got busboys for that.
不是有服务员么
Shit float downhill, buck.
你不是给我干活的么
Don't matter to me none where it stop.
有活你就干,别废话
Mr. White. Mr. Purnsley.
怀特先生,珀斯利先生
Them tables ain't gonna set theyself.
十张桌子能自己跳出来么
Doctor.
医生
May I present Miss Daughter Maitland.
容我介绍道特·梅特兰小姐
Say hello, dear.
打个招呼,亲爱的
Mr. White.
怀特先生
Pleased to meet you.
见到你很荣幸
Miss Maitland is a very gifted singer.
梅特兰小姐是位很有天赋的歌手
Equally accomplished in jazz improvisation and blues.
即兴爵士乐和蓝调都很擅长
Sang on a record.
还出过唱片吧
"Warsaw Blues" With King Oliver.
与金·奥利弗合作的《华沙蓝调》
You know your business, sir.
你知道的,先生
I know what Dickie Pastor held back.
我知道帕斯特把什么好货色藏住了
Behind the stage past the kitchen,
舞台后面,走过厨房
you'll find a dressing room where you can put your things.
就是更衣室,你的东西可以放在那
She's a pretty girl. She is indeed.
姑娘挺漂亮, 的确
So what's she doing here?
她来这干什么
Performing for the week.
来这演出一周
I do hope you asking and not telling.
我希望你能先和我商量一下
We are partners, Mr. White,
我们是合伙人,怀特先生
and that girl is a star.
她是个明星
If you will have her.
当然前提是你肯接受她
All right, then.
好吧
Keep that walkway clear now.
别挡着走道
It was my understanding
我还以为
that Mr. Purnsley managed the staff.
珀斯利先生是管理人员
He do as I tell him.
我让他干什么他就干什么
When men make themselves into brutes,
人若自视为畜生
it is just to treat them as brutes.
便只得作畜生对待
Stop fidgeting.
稳着点
That man has a shotgun.
那个人手里有枪
Wait here.
等着
No, I'm not staying out here alone.
不行,我可不一个人待在这
This is supposed to be a food truck, Larry.
要装成装食品的车,拉里
The way them springs sag,
你看这破烂样
it's pretty obvious it ain't hauling bananas.
这副德行一看就不像
You boys lose your Scout troop?
跟着童子军走丢了吗
Willie Thompson. Eli's son.
威利·汤普森,伊莱的儿子
You're Mickey, right?
你是米奇,对吧
I-I'm Eli's son.
我是伊莱的儿子
We've met before, a few years ago.
几年前见过
Well, I'm away at college now.
我上大学去了
Boola-boola.
搏啦搏啦
That's Yale. We go to Temple.
那是耶鲁的,我们在天普大学
Funny. You don't look Jewish.
你们看着不像犹太人啊
So we were hoping to get some booze.
我们想弄点酒
Oh, you were, huh? How about we call your pop?
是吗,要不问问你爸
See what he thinks about that?
看他想不想
No, no, I just-- Take a hike, kid.
不,别, 走吧,孩子
I need it for a party. Are you deaf?
办派对要用, 你聋子吗
Or just stupid?
还是没脑子
All right.
好吧
Okay.
好吧
Sorry.
抱歉
Don't let the door hit you in the brains.
小心别被门挤了脑袋
What are you doing?
你干什么
Hey! Where are you going?
你要去哪
Nowhere. Mr. Doyle just--
不去哪,多伊尔先生
Hey, Mick, you okay this?
米奇,让他走吗
What the fuck I say, huh?
我他妈说什么了,啊
Fucking thief! I'm sorry.
小偷, 抱歉
What, was this your idea? No, sir.
是你的主意吗, 不是,先生
I'm calling your father right now.
我去给你爸打电话
No, no, Mr. Doyle, please.
别,多伊尔先生,求你了
My dad said he'd kill me if I got in trouble like this.
我爸要是知道我惹事得宰了我
I mean, my mother would have-- All right.
我妈肯定, 行了
Don't get so dramatic.
别激动
Can't go around robbing people.
别没事就抢人家东西
It's a good thing your dad's my pal. Now scat.
你爸是我朋友,算你走运,快滚
And we'll keep this between us, okay?
这事谁都别说,明白吗
Man-to-man.
咱们俩的秘密
And not a word about any of this, capisce?
你也别跟同学提起这地方,明白吗
Take the booze, kid.
把酒拿上吧,孩子
Go ahead.
拿吧
Thank you.
谢谢
Here's something you actually accomplished.
看看你得的奖杯
Remember me? Carl Billings?
还记得我吗,卡尔·比灵斯
We met on a train last summer.
去年夏天火车上遇见的
Do you or don't you?
还记不记得
I remember.
记得
You agreed to take on a certain job.
你同意接我的活
Something you knew how to do.
那件事你知道怎么做
As I recall,
我回想一下
you said it was the one thing on earth you were good at.
你说那是你唯一擅长的事
And I said half now, half when you finish.
我说先付一半,办成之后再付另一半
But you didn't finish.
但是你没办成
You left a man alive, which makes me concerned
你留了活口,这让我很担心
about a conversation we had
去年夏天的时候
on the train
我们在火车上
last summer.
的那次谈话
Just a wallet.
只有个钱包
What's this?
这是怎么回事
You haven't touched it.
你还没花
This makes you honest?
这让你显得很诚实吗
You don't have any kind of a code.
你没有什么原则
You kill for hire.
别人雇你杀人
And this just makes you stupid.
这只能证明你是个蠢人
And how do you trust a stupid man?
你怎么能信任一个蠢人
Well?
好吧
Jesus.
上帝啊
I'm doing you a favor.
我杀你是让你解脱
Next time you might want to consider a life preserver.
下次你得考虑带个救生圈了
So much for always sunny.
看来天气也不总是阳光灿烂
Into each life some rain must fall.
下雨没什么稀奇的
And in Tampa, that's at least once a day.
在坦帕,每天至少会下一次
August Tucker. They call you Gus?
我是奥古斯特·塔克, 他们叫你古斯吗
Not if they want to stay friends.
如果想继续交朋友就别这么叫
Sit.
请坐
Nucky Thompson.
我是努基·汤普森
Well, hell, I know that.
我认识你
Bill here told me all about you.
比尔跟我说过很多你的事情
Is that right? We met back in '20
是吗, 我们二十年代就认识了
when I was doing those rum runs up from the Caribbean.
那时我正在从加勒比运朗姆酒呢
In the good old, bad old days before the feds got wise.
那些浮浮沉沉的日子,后来联邦探员就变得聪明了
Who you telling?
可不是嘛
To new friends and old.
敬新老朋友
Well, hang on, now. I want to be friends, too.
等一下,我也想做朋友
Leave that bottle and scat.
把瓶子放下,走开
So. So.
开始吧, 开始吧
Ready to get rich?
准备好变富翁了吗
I'm already rich, Mr. Tucker.
我已经是富翁了,塔克先生
But I'm talking millions.
我说的可是几百万
What good would millions do me in jail?
我进监狱了要几百万还有什么用
Come again?
再说一遍
You agree, I assume, that our business
我猜你承认我们的生意
requires a certain degree of secrecy?
需要高度保密
Naturally, sure.
那是自然
Then this land is worthless.
那这块土地就毫无价值
What? But, Nuck--
什么, 但是,努克
The entire surrounding area is being developed.
整个周边地区正在开发
Houses, country clubs, schools.
住宅,乡村俱乐部,学校
But it's 14,000 acres.
但是面积有一万四千英亩
We'd still control enough land
我们还是有足够的地盘
that we'd off-load in total privacy.
来秘密地运货卸货
And when the convoy of trucks leaves the property
当卡车每天早上离开这里
every morning and rumbles down Main Street past the church,
从主街上的教堂前面呼啸而过
then what? Well
然后怎么样办,好吧
there's a risk in everything, Nuck.
做什么都有风险,努克
Not when I can avoid it.
我能避免的话就没风险
You told me he was in. He was.
你跟我说他会合作, 是的
I mean, I thought he
我是说,我以为他
I said that I'd consider it. And I did.
我说我会考虑,我考虑了
That's not what I was told.
他们可不是这么跟我说的
Then you were told wrong, Mr. Tucker.
那就是他们说错了,塔克先生
Nucky, please.
努基,求你了
We got the seller right where we want him.
我们的卖家就在这
Sorry, boys.
抱歉了,伙计们
You'll have to find yourselves a new partner.
你们得重新找合伙人了
I don't like having my time wasted.
我不喜欢浪费我的时间
You're not the one who came all the way down here.
你可没大老远的跑过来
Thanks for your hospitality.
谢谢你的款待
Well, what do you think?
你们觉得怎么样
Quite the chanteuse.
很棒的女歌手
We have nothing like that back home.
我们家那里没有唱得这么好的
And where is home, Helen?
你们的家在哪,海伦
Evansville, Indiana. Ever heard of it?
印第安纳州的伊凡斯维尔,听说过吗
I can't say I have.
没有听过
We'll have to visit for our anniversary.
我们只能在周年纪念日去那里了
Roy tells me that you're thinking of merging with Piggly Wiggly.
罗伊跟我说你在考虑和小猪妞妞合并
Oh, he does, does he?
他跟你说了,是吗
Was I not supposed to say that?
我不该说吗
No, no, that's fine. It's not exactly a national secret.
不不,没关系,不是什么大秘密
Let's just wait till the deal closes, shall we?
我们等确定之后再谈,好吗
Come on, have some coffee. It'll settle your nerves.
喝点咖啡,能让你冷静一下
That coffee will get us all thrown in jail.
这咖啡会让我们都进监狱
Oh, what's the harm?
有什么害处
Your wife always so eager to break the law?
你妻子总这么热衷于犯法吗
Oh, she's incorrigible.
她无药可救了
Me? You're the one who tried to marry me
我,你可是在我没到法定年龄
when I was still underage.
就要跟我结婚的人
Can't blame him for that.
这可不能怪他
I, for one, need some coffee.
我需要喝点咖啡
What the heck?
有什么大不了的
Pardon me.
失陪一下
I'm going to powder my nose.
我要去补下妆
I'll join you.
我一起去
Well, was I lying?
我说谎了吗
The white folks seem to like her.
白人很喜欢她
Yes. That would be very important.
是的,这很重要
To you.
对你而言
Some ferocious guard dogs and a few fellas
几只看门恶狗和一些拿枪的人
with shotguns.
在放风
But nothing to concern yourself Thanks a lot.
没什么可担心的, 谢谢了
I am just bored out of my mind,
我快无聊死了
then suddenly...
突然间
Great party, Thompson.
派对真棒,汤普森
So where'd you get all this stuff?
你从哪弄到这些东西的
I bet he nicked it. Don't be stupid.
肯定是偷的,别傻了
Not a wise head like Thompson.
汤普森那么聪明怎么会去偷
Watch my shoe.
别踩我的鞋
So, you pick the ladies tonight or what?
你今晚挑好女孩了吗
Once they start drinking, we all do.
她们开始喝酒,我们就能挑好了
Thompson to the rescue. Where'd you get this stuff?
汤普森救了我们,你从哪弄到的
A friend. Oh, you got some friends?
一个朋友, 你还有朋友呢
You're my hero, Thompson. You know that?
你是我的英雄,汤普森,你知道吗
This kid's been laughing at himself.
那孩子在自取其辱
Having his first drink.
第一次喝到酒
Look at him. Thinks he's a hotshot now.
看看他,以为自己是大人物了
Thompson saved the day, so... That's right.
汤普森拯救了今天,所以, 是的
Congratulations. Come on, Henry.
恭喜, 住手,亨利
Cut it out. Henry. Anyway, a toast to Thompson.
住手,亨利, 不管怎样,为汤普森举杯
To Thompson. To Thompson.
敬汤普森, 敬汤普森
Our boy. You're my hero.
我们的好兄弟, 你是我的英雄
Henry, quit it!
亨利,走开
Easy, Henry.
冷静点,亨利
Mind your business, Thompson.
别多管闲事,汤普森
That's for Doris to decide.
桃瑞丝说的算
I'd like to leave now. Walk me?
我想要走了,送送我
Sure.
好的
Let's beat it, then, shall we?
那我们就走吧,好吗
Sure, Doris, go slumming.
桃瑞丝,去贫民窟吧
Wait. I want to show you something.
等等,我有东西给你看
In the library.
在书房
I owe this man.
我欠他的
Owe him what? Money.
欠他什么, 钱
A lot of it.
很多钱
When I was arrested,
我被捕的时候
had my ships confiscated
我的船也被没收了
It was his scotch on board.
船上是他的酒
How much?
值多少
Almost 200 grand.
差不多二十万
He was there waiting the day I got out of jail.
他在门口等着我出狱
He was the first thing I saw
我重见天日的那天
when my eyes adjusted to the sunlight.
他是我第一个看见的人
If you needed money, why didn't you just ask me?
你需要钱,为什么不问我要
Because I wanted to earn it.
因为我想自己挣
I'm not some goddamn charity case.
我又不是收集善款的箱子
Earn it?
自己挣
He said if I made the intro,
他说,如果我搭桥
got you involved as his partner,
让你做他的合伙人
he'd forgive the debt.
我的债就一笔勾销
I'm supposed to partner with some two-bit fucking hillbilly?
我应该和低贱的乡巴佬合作吗
He's a big man around these parts.
他是这一带的大人物
I've already met the world's
他只是
tallest midget on the midway back home.
矮子里充高个儿
He's got the locals in his pocket.
这里的人都听他的
All the things you're worried about.
你所担心的事情
He could pave the road The deal is shit.
他能牵线搭桥, 这笔生意根本没搞头
And you know it.
你心里清楚
The fuck am I gonna do?
我他妈的该怎么办
You made your bed, Bill.
比尔,你是自食其果
I thought you were my friend.
我以为我们是朋友
If you had come to me like one, it'd be different.
如果你像一个朋友来求我,那就不一样了
Train tickets. Stupid coconut drinks.
买车票,椰子酒
All your syrupy fucking sales talk.
满嘴胡话的推销
I was desperate, Nuck.
我太绝望了,努基
I'm sorry.
对不起
I made a mistake.
是我犯了错
Well, look at you now.
看看你现在的德行
Where were you married? When were you married?
你们哪年结的婚,在哪里结的婚
Talk about an inquest. You got off easy.
像审问犯人一样, 你反应真快
I was about to invent a brood of six and have you name them all.
我本来想虚构六个孩子,让你说名字
Six?
六个
Someone's got a wicked streak.
某人真是奇怪啊
Me? You're the one planning our anniversary trip.
我奇怪,你都在安排我们的周年旅行了
To Mudville, sure. Wherever they're from.
去啥啥斯维尔,他们的那啥家乡
A nickel for your thoughts.
说说你的想法,赏你五分钱
I pay better than most people.
我比大多数人都大方
I was thinking
我在想
we make a pretty swell team.
我们搭档的很好
Excuse me, ma'am.
打扰了,女士
Yes?
什么事
I beg your pardon, but we
打扰了,我们...
I don't mean to intrude.
我无意打扰
We've met before.
我们以前见过
I'm sorry, I don't
对不起,我不...
My friend Roger, about a year ago,
我的朋友罗杰,大概一年前
outside the restaurant Abe Klein's on the boardwalk.
木板路上的亚伯·克莱因餐馆外面
Say, what's this all about?
这是怎么一回事
I really couldn't say.
我真的不知道
You introduced yourself, gave him a smoke.
你自我介绍,给了他一支烟
I'm sure you're mistaken. I beg your pardon?
你肯定搞错了, 什么
I'm sure it was you.
我肯定是你
He said something about going to your house for Easter.
他之前说去你家过复活节
And then he did a -
然后他...
This person is making me very uncomfortable.
这人让我非常不舒服
All right, that's enough. Sorry, mister.
行了,够了, 抱歉,先生
Hey, take it on the arches, son.
小子,马上滚开
The heck was that all about?
搞什么鬼啊
I have no idea.
我不知道
Excuse me. I need the ladies'.
抱歉,我去下洗手间
Just a moment.
等一会儿
You okay?
你没事吧
I'm fine, yes.
我没事
I just...
我只是
It melted.
化了
Oh, your lip.
你的嘴唇
Well, go on, Romeo. Don't let us interrupt.
继续啊,情圣,别管我们
You think this is funny? Come on, sport.
这很好玩吗, 别这么小气嘛,小子
Touch me again, I'll break your nose.
再碰我,把你鼻子打断
Well, it looks like your
看上去
anger's not the only thing that's arisen.
不光是你的怒气升起来了
It's Thompson's Willie.
是汤普森的小弟弟
A cold shower will work wonders, Romeo.
情圣,冷水澡会有奇效
Is he alive?
他还活着吗
Well, he's breathing.
他还有呼吸
Alive is a matter of opinion.
活还是死取决于你怎么看
Does it ever stop raining?
这雨停过吗
It always has.
一直在下
So how about you?
那你呢
Are you alive?
你还活着吗
I recall that I was once.
曾经活着
What happened?
出了什么事
Prohibition.
禁酒令
Till then, I was a simple,
在那之前
run-of-the-mill crook a corrupt city official.
我是个普通的坏蛋,一个腐败的政府官员
And I was happy.
我那时很开心
Plenty of money, plenty of friends, plenty of everything.
充足的钱,充足的朋友,无忧无虑
Then suddenly, plenty wasn't enough.
然后突然,仅仅是充足已经不够了
Well, I ain't buying it.
我可不相信
How do you mean?
什么意思
Anybody who says money doesn't buy happiness
凡是说钱买不到快乐的人
doesn't know where to shop.
根本不知道去哪里买快乐
So I hear.
我听说过
My son's birthday tomorrow. Name's Teddy.
明天是我儿子的生日,他叫泰迪
How old?
多大
10? You don't know?
十岁吧, 你不清楚吗
He's no longer with me.
他不在我身边了
I'm sorry.
抱歉
Oh, he's not dead. He's in Brooklyn.
他没死,他在布鲁克林
There's that matter of opinion again.
死了还是活着,取决于你怎么看
Rain's over.
雨停了
I've been meaning to send him something.
我一直想送他点东西
Who? My son.
送谁, 我的儿子
Maybe the better gift is to let him forget me.
也许最好的礼物是让他忘了我
Well, that's convenient.
够方便的啊
Beg pardon?
什么
That the best choice requires
最好的礼物
the least amount of effort on your part.
最少的精力
I thought bartenders were supposed to be sympathetic.
我以为调酒师都颇有同情心
Welcome to Sally's.
欢迎光临萨利酒家
That you?
是你的名字吗
Sally Wheet. Nucky Thompson.
萨利·维特, 努基·汤普森
I know all about it.
我知道你
You're all Tucker's talked about for weeks.
这几周塔克都在念叨你
Big man in these parts, so I hear.
这一带的大人物,我听说了
He thinks so.
他是这么想的
Give me one of those and I'll dish.
给我一只,我和你聊聊
Gee, you're easy.
天呢,你要求可真低
August Tucker,
奥古斯特·塔克
Georgia native, son of moonshiners.
乔治亚本地人,非法酿酒商的儿子
Made his way to Tampa after the war.
战后在坦帕逐渐做大
How long before he discovered you?
他发现你多长时间了
We're friends.
我们是朋友
We do a little business on occasion.
偶尔做点生意
Is he dangerous?
他危险吗
He's kind of like this fella.
他有点像这家伙
He'd kill you if he got a chance,
如果给他机会他会杀了你
but he's not very smart, either.
但是他并不聪明
So how does a not-so-smart semidangerous man
那这个不怎么聪明却又危险的人
run the rackets down in Tampa?
怎么在坦帕混起来的
Enough money and the right connections,
足够的钱,找对了关系
you can do pretty much anything down here.
在这就什么都能做
Oh, God.
天呢
What you want, friend?
你想要什么,朋友
You want some of this?
想来点这个吗
A switchblade. I'll use it, too.
弹簧刀, 我还会用它的
Of that I have no doubt.
我一点都不怀疑
But what good would another dead Negro do to either of us?
但是再死一个黑人有什么好处呢
Make me feel a mite better.
能让我开心一点
We have no quarrel, Mr. Purnsley.
我们没有死人恩怨,珀斯利先生
How about you getting even for Dickie Pastor?
那你来追究迪基·帕斯特的事怎么算
That account has been settled.
那笔帐已经一笔勾销了
And in any event, it was merely financial in nature.
而且,那都是钱的事
I'm here on new business.
我来这是有新的生意要做
Mr. White He ain't here right now.
怀特先生, 他现在不在
Why should he be?
他当然不在
when he has you to do the slave labor?
有你在干这些脏活他为什么还在
He offered to give you up
他提出要拿你的命
in exchange for Dickie Pastor.
换迪基·帕斯特的
His Libyan brother for a Nordic devil.
他的黑人兄弟来换一个白人的命
Chalky White ain't never been my friend.
朝琪·怀特从来都不是我的朋友
Well, that much is obvious.
这很明显
Do you know what this is?
你知道这是什么吗
Heroin.
海洛因
It is freedom.
这是自由
Power.
权力
Control over men who are lesser than you.
控制那些不如你的人
Chalky White is one of those men.
朝琪·怀特就是其中之一
Where you going, friend?
你想说什么(去哪)朋友
As far as you'd like me to take you.
只要你让我带领着你
But we shall go there together.
但是我们要一起去
McCoy, you in there?
麦考伊,你在里面吗
McCoy!
麦考伊
Let's settle this!
我们把问题解决了
Augie. I didn't hear you.
奥吉,我没听到你
The hell you chopping coconuts
你半夜三点
3:00 in the morning for?
切椰子干什么
Doc says drink a quart a day.
医生说让我每天喝一点
You know, good for the ticker.
对心脏有好处
Augie, okay.
奥吉,好吧
That business this evening, I know what you're thinking.
今晚的生意,我知道你是怎么想的
I'll bet you don't.
我打赌你不知道
But you're gonna know about it now.
但你现在马上要知道了
How'd it happen, Rick?
怎么弄的,里克
Clearing out the barn.
清理谷仓
There's a lot of junk in there.
里面有一大堆垃圾
That pile's practically coming down on its own.
那堆东西基本上就是自己散了
I keep telling her, but, you know.
我一直在跟她说,但是,你懂的
Tell her what?
告诉她什么
You're her brother.
你是她兄弟
I don't

It's like she's under ice.
就好像她被人管着
She can't move.
不能动
Gerry's gone.
杰里死了
She's gonna have a child to raise.
她马上要生孩子
This isn't any kind of place to live alone.
这种情况不应该一个人生活
I mean, she thinks the world of you,
她很非常重视你的存在
but you're only visiting.
但你只是回来暂住
All squared away. Wish you'd let me help, Emmy.
都弄好了, 应该让我帮你的,艾米
You wouldn't know where to put things.
你不知道该往哪放
When's the train?
火车几点
2:27.
两点二十七
We'll get him there in plenty of time.
我会把他送过去,时间还早
Don't be a loon, Rick. I'll carry it.
别这么见外,里克,我来拿
You Harrows. You act like there's no one else on Earth.
你们哈罗家的人,好像世界上只有你们一家人一样
In France when I couldn't sleep...
在法国我睡不着的时候
when I was full of fear,
心中充满恐惧的时候
I'd think about the day I'd come home.
我会想到我回家的那天
I'd be in my dress uniform.
我会穿着军礼服
I'd have medals.
会赢得勋章
I wouldn't wear them, but I'd have them.
我不会佩戴它们,但我会拿着
I'd see the yard,
看到院子
the cornflowers along the fence.
栅栏边上开满矢车菊
The porch, the old flag.
门廊,老旗子
Mother, Father, Sampson,
妈妈,爸爸,桑普森
you.
还有你
Send me an address
如果想让我知道你在哪
if you want me to know where you are.
就把地址告诉我
Come here.
过来
Richard.
理查德
You need to call yourself to account.
你要好自为之了
Mr. Thompson, we're here for your bags.
汤普森先生,我们来给您拿箱子的
And this came for you.
这是给您的
Thank you, sir.
谢谢您,先生
Best thing since sliced bread, I think.
自从切片面包出现之后最好的东西
Well, I think we've got a deal. Yeah.
那就这么定了, 是的
Shall we shake on it?
来握手吧
You bet. Put her there.
当然, 把它放进去
You're gonna love this. See right here?
你会喜欢的,看那
Outside line.
接外线
Bill McCoy, please.
比尔·麦考伊,谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Paging Mark Frasin.
呼叫马克·弗拉辛
Hello?

It's me.
是我
Who?

Nucky. Hey, Nuck.
努基, 努克
Jesus.
天呢
I'm in.
我决定加入
What?
什么
The deal, I've reconsidered.
那个买卖,我重新考虑过了
Tell your hillbilly friend Tucker I'm in.
告诉你那个乡巴佬朋友塔克,我加入
But he awewers to me, understand?
但是他得听我的,明白吗
Sure, Nuck.
当然,努克
Right.
好的
Of course.
当然
I'll be sending someone do in a few day with The money.
几天之后我就派人带钱过来
Yes.

Thank you. All right, then.
谢谢, 好,挂了

分享到