大西洋帝国第二季(MP3+中英字幕):第3集:阻止私酒贩运
日期:2017-02-28 12:04

(单词翻译:单击)

I've made inquiries, Harry.
哈利,我已经打听过了
Heard good things about you from Judge Graves.
从格拉夫法官那里听了你的“事迹”
You mean you heard I play ball. Well, don't you?
你是指我做事有一套, 不是吗?
The babe's got nothing on Harry Daugherty.
就是贝比在我们面前占不了便宜
Buying from Canada, John? Makes sense.
从加拿大进货,琼?思路对头
Who really likes Nucky Thompson anyway
可谁会真的喜欢努基·汤普森这人呢?
Go see Nucky. Tell him things things have changed.
去见见努基告诉他,约定变了
I have your money. Come lay with me, daddy.
我带钱来了, 陪我躺会,干爹
You need to sleep in your own room.
你得去你自己的房间睡
Mr Thompson? Mr Thompson's been arrested.
汤普森先生吗? 汤普森先生已经被捕了
I'm very sorry, ma'am. May I use the facilities?
我很抱歉,夫人, 我可以用下洗手间吗?
Nucky Thompson's about to hit seven years of lean.
努基·汤普森马上就要遭遇权力的“七年之痒”
Which leaves us the booze.
留下私酒买卖我们接手
With my solid tie to the coast guard,
凭借我和海岸警卫队的关系
what we ship comes in; what Nucky ships doesn't.
我们的船可以进港努基的船进不来
I tried talking to 'em.
我试着说服他们
All they see is the dollar signs.
可他们眼里只看到钱
I'm Owen Sleater. I'm to ensure your home is safe
我叫欧文·斯利特,我来为今晚麦加里格尔先生的来访
for Mr McGarrigle's visit this evening.
做事先安保的
I make you from the lonesome west. Kerry.
我猜,你来自爱尔兰西部, 凯利
Family there still? No. Here, apparently.
家人还是那里? 显然都在这里了
If you're in the market for quality liquor,
如果你在寻求高档酒
I can get it for you. And Nucky Thompson?
我能帮你弄到, 那努基·汤普森怎么说?
Nucky's like a father to me. I'll show you out.
努基就如同我父亲一般, 我领你出去
My man there he'll be staying on in the States.
我手下,他会留在美国
I mentioned that you might be able to help him out.
我有提过,你或许可以给他份工作
Bring him around tomorrow.
明天带他过来
Cash me out.
结现
What was that? Representatives of Mr Masseria.
刚才什么事? 马塞利亚先生的代表
Just give us the jack.
把钱交出来
The ledger book it's missing.
账本不见了
And some cash.
还有些现金
Where did you get those? From your closet today.
你从哪里拿到的? 今天在你衣柜里拿
This must be burned
账本必须烧了
and future dealings committed to memory.
将来的生意记录凭记忆
I got a brandnew me
我得到了全新的我,
Daddy, look at me. better than the one before...
爸爸,快看比以前的更好了
Here we go. Good morning, everybody. she's got everything...
让我们开始吧。大家早啊。她得到了一切。
Good morning, dear. How's my best girl, huh?
早,亲爱的, 我的乖女儿好吗?
I don't know much about her... Sweetheart.
我不太了解她。甜心
And yet I know a lot
但我知道很多
and what it takes to make me love her
那就是让我爱上她的原因
I want to tell you she's got
我想告诉你她已经领会到了
does she make everybody stare?
她让每个人都凝视她。
I'll say she does
我想说她做到了
does she go "dah dah dah dah, I don't care"?
她去,我不关心
I'll say she does
我想说她做到了
but is she nicer to me
但是她对我要好一些
and does she sit on my knee?
她坐到我的膝盖上了吗?
does she? I'll say she does
她坐到了。
and does she crave a wedding an' everything?
她很渴望婚礼
It was kicking again.
它又“踢”我了
"The baby" was kicking.
是婴儿在“踢”你
You said "it."
你用了“它”
I want to go out.
我想出去逛逛
We've discussed this.
我们已经讨论过了
That neighbor lady came by yesterday.
昨天女邻居来过了
She invited us for dinner. She came here?
她邀请我们去晚餐, 她到这里来过?
Well, it's not like we've got a phone.
我们又没装电话
I asked you not to allow anyone in here. I pay you for it.
我嘱咐过你,不准让任何人进来,我可是付你钱的
A simple dinner,
天呐,也就一顿简餐
some conversation,
闲话几句
some music, for God's sake.
再听点音乐
They have a VV80.
他们家有一台VV80
I don't know what that is.
我不知道那是什么东西
A Victrola.
留声机
You don't hear Jolson from across the alley?
你没听到巷子里乔尔森的歌吗?
Does she go "dah dah dah dah, I don't care"?
她去了吗? 我不关心。
I'll be working late.
我会加班到很晚
This is a jail, Nelson.
住这跟坐牢一样,纳尔逊
I used to be out every night in the week.
我以前每晚都出去的
Yes, I'm sure between ordering murders
嗯,我确信,在教唆谋杀
and rigging elections, Nucky Thompson showed you quite a time.
和选举舞弊的空闲之余努基·汤普森带你玩得很开心
I can't live like this!
我不能像这样的活着
Once the child is born, you won't have to.
一旦孩子出生后,你就不必这样了
That was the agreement.
事先说好的
Please make sure you eat.
请一定要吃早餐
Say what you want about Nucky,
不是想知道努基的事嘛
at least he was fun.
至少他有情趣
Does she? I'll say she does.
她是吗?我会说是的
I've had Katy return a few of my things to the Belle Femme.
我已经让凯蒂把我的一些东西退回给“美丽女人”
The brocade coat, the flower pendant necklace
锦缎大衣,花型吊坠
What? What for?
什么?为什么?
I don't need them.
我用不着那些
But you wanted them.
可你喜欢那些
Under the circumstances I thought
基于目前的状况,我想
it might be wise to conserve our resources.
最好还是把资源有效集中起来
Under the circumstances it's more important than ever
基于目前的状况,最最重要的就是
for it to appear as though nothing has changed.
要表现的什么都没发生一样
Are you not invested to the limit in your land deal?
你购买土地的交易不是还可以继续投资吗?
I heard you on the telephone with your lawyer.
我听见你在电话里和律师谈论
I want you only in your finest things.
我只想让你享受最好的
I sleep late, you know that.
我睡过了
I said nothing. These are, after all,
当我没说,毕竟
your finest silk pajamas.
这是你最好的丝绸睡衣
Send the girl to get your things back.
派人去把东西取回来
Margaret We'll be fine, Margaret.
我们会转危为安的
We are fine.
我们目前就很好
Fuckin' chinamen last night
他妈的中国人
spilled coffee all over the felt.
昨晚把咖啡撒在了赌桌上了
You let chinks play in here?
你让中国人进来玩了?
What's this? It's light, I know.
这算什么? 钱少了,我明白
Light? It's a fucking dirigible.
只是少?简直他妈的跟没有一样
You're gettin' a lot of use out of that line, I bet.
你挺会站着说话不腰疼的
What am I supposed to tell Nucky? Tell him I don't know.
我要怎么跟努基说? 告诉他我不知道
But you can ask him why I had to hire this Mick
不过你可以问问他,为什么我没有酒可以卖
when I ain't got no booze to sell.
却要雇这个爱尔兰佬
Lolly You're evading the issue, Lolly.
你在转移话题
Damine Let me tell you about the casino business,
达米安.我来告诉你,赌场的生财之道
People gamble.
客人来赌
They lose; they get mad,
输了钱,他们情绪不佳
so we give 'em free drinks so they keep gambling.
所以我们免费提供酒,于是他们接着赌下去
Sometimes they win; they get happy,
有时候他们赢钱了,他们高兴了
so we give 'em more free drinks.
于是我们免费提供更多的酒
Then they're drunk;
然后他们就醉了
so they gamble even more
所以会赌得更凶
and eventually they lose it all.
最终把钱全部输光
The next night they come back and do it all over again.
第二天晚上他们继续来赌,以上的过程周而复始
So the whole fucking equation depends on what?
所以整个流程取决于什么知道吗?
Alcohol. You just got a load last month!
酒, 上个月你刚进了一车的货
Of the cheap shit, the swill, and I'm even running low on that.
全是便宜货,劣等货,即便那样我都没多少存货了
The rollers want the good stuff.
赌客要喝好酒
We ain't got it, they play someplace else.
我们提供不了,他们就去别家玩了
It's hard, Lolly. Nuck's fighting for his life.
目前有困难,洛莉,努克在拼命争取
We're all fightin' for our lives.
谁不是在拼命
He wants fat envelopes? I'm gonna need
他想要更多的钱?
the booze from him.
那就供应酒给我
Or from somebody else.
否则我从别处进货
Same route, same order. Hell, it's even the same fellas
路线不变,数量不变, 连岸边跟你接头的人
meeting you on shore. It's a passing of the mantle.
都不变, 无缝接管
Sure. Back to the fella already passed it to Nucky.
嗯,话题回到给努基供货的事上
I'll be buying my liquor somewhere, captain.
我会从别处买酒,船长
Might as well be from Bill McCoy.
也可以从你那里买
So it's not so much you want to buy from me
所以与其说,你想从我那里买酒
as you don't want me selling to Nucky.
不如说,你不想我卖酒给努基
That needn't concern you.
那不用你操心
Ah, but the enemy of my friend...
但我朋友的敌人...
I believe you have that backwards, Mr McCoy.
我相信,你已经底下盘算过了, McCoy先生
Feeling flush, are you? God bless Mr Volstead.
赚得盆满钵满,是吗? 上帝保佑沃尔斯特德先生(禁酒法案提案人)
Halibut and motor oil, that's what he used to smell like.
他以前浑身鱼腥和机油味
Now he's a fucking big shot.
现在混了个人模狗样了
Your attempt at charm, Lou? My attempt to talk sense to a jackass.
你意图是嘲笑我吗, 卢? 我意图是说服你个混蛋
I thought you made a deal, you and Nucky, years ago.
我以为你和努基几年前就达成协议了
Didn't like the terms. So he bested you in the bargain
不喜欢那个协议, 所以他在协议里占了大便宜
and now you're fucking him over.
现在你是报复他了
Let's keep the conversation civil, huh?
大家说话还是冷静些,好吗?
Just politics, Bill. Or mutiny,
只是政治而已, 比尔或者说政变
depending which business you're in.
取决于你加入谁的阵营了
Giving me the stink eye for?
你这不屑的眼睛什么意思?
Captain?
船长?
That lighthouse out there, the beacon that guides you?
港口的灯塔,引路的信号灯
Don't you forget who put it there.
别忘记是谁建造的
That scotch in your hand that warms your winter nights?
你手中冬天驱寒暖手的威士忌
Don't you forget who put it there.
你不要忘记,是谁弄来的
Now what? Get on the phone.
现在怎么办? 打电话
Dennehy Get Tony Dennehy at the coast guard.
接海岸警卫队的托尼
Nucky, I am so sorry. I was watering the plants.
努基,很抱歉,我在洗盘子
He let himself in. Who did?
他自己就进去了,谁?
Mr Thompson.
汤普森先生
Torrio's man.
托里斯的手下
Al Capone. Right.
Al Capone 嗯
Brew some coffee. Immediately.
煮些咖啡, 马上
I was not expecting you until later.
我以为,您会晚点到
No excuses, just coffee. Ja.
别说了,弄咖啡去,是
I'm sorry for barging in. It's been a busy time.
抱歉冒昧闯了进来,繁忙的时间段
I haven't been able to get the maid in here lately. My office is in a cat house.
我最近都没法让女佣进来打扫,我的办公室设在妓院
What brings you to Atlantic City?
来大西洋城有何贵干?
A message from Johnny Torrio.
为约翰尼·托里 捎信
He wanted you to hear it personally.
他想要你亲耳听到
So he sends you.
所以他派你来了
I was coming this way anyhow. My father died.
我反正都要来,我父亲死了
I'm settling his affairs. He got a barbershop over
我正在料理后事,他有家理发店在...
What's the message?
什么口信?
With regret, Chicago will no longer
抱着遗憾之情,芝加哥方面
be buying alcohol from Atlantic City.
将不再从大西洋城购买酒
Look, whatever Mr Torrio may have heard
听着,无论托里先生有听到什么关于我的流言
about my position here, you can assure him that all is well.
你可以告诉他,目前一切正常
Meaning what exactly? That I'd expect a man of his caliber
什么意思? 我期望一个有胆识的人
not to cut and run at the first sign of trouble.
不要因为一点风吹草动,就落荒而逃
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道,你在说些什么
Truth is this is nothing personal.
事实上,这和你个人无关
Torrio's got a new supplier. Well, did I say that?
托里有新的供货商了? 我说过吗?
Don't get cute.
少耍嘴皮子
New York? Philly?
纽约?费城?
Is it Waxey Gordon?
是韦迪·戈登吗?
Unless he's getting out of the liquor business entirely
除非他完全不碰酒的买卖
I'm gonna find out. He ain't.
我迟早会知道,他不会退出
So is he distilling it from lake Michigan, what?
难不成,他抽密西根湖的水酿酒吗?
You're getting warmer. Some Jews across the lake,
往南,对岸一些个犹太人
they're shipping it direct. Canada?
他们直接海运到达,从加拿大?
With your pal George Remus in Ohio.
跟你“同行”George Remus一起
He knew you'd be taking a hit a token of goodwill.
他知道,你会受损失...当是善意的表示
What should I tell him?
我要转告些什么?
Tell him no thank you.
告诉他,不必了
Next time he has something to tell me in person,
下次,他有什么事,要我亲耳听到的
I'd like to hear it in person.
我希望,他当面告诉我
Fair enough.
可以
How's Jimmy Irish?
爱尔兰佬吉米怎么样了?
If you're referring to Jimmy Darmody,
如果你是指吉米·达莫迪
you'll have to ask him.
你还是自己去问他
He's movin' up in the world, eh?
他混得比以前好了吗?
Tough out there, Chicago? The liquor trade?
很激烈吧,芝加哥那边?私酒买卖
It's tough all over I'd imagine.
可以想见,到处都很激烈
There's a lotta dough at stake.
富贵险中求嘛
How's Torrio handling the competition?
托里怎么解决竞争对手?
We're killin' 'em.
我们正在杀光他们
Did you have trouble finding me?
你找到花了很大劲吗?
Why, I asked a fella for directions,
不,我向一个伙计问了路
he said, "leave town and don't look back." Oh no!
他说道:“离开,别回头”呕不
The good stuff,
这玩意儿
straight from Broadway.
带着百老汇的气息
It was a joke, peaches. I was kidding.
开玩笑呢,小蜜桃,我开玩笑呢
Ocean city's fine.
大西洋城不错的
It's not that. It's just
不是因为这个,只是
seeing you reminds me of everything I'm missing.
看见你,让我怀念起过去的精彩
Missing? You're not missing a thing, kid.
怀念?什么都不用想,孩子
A baby, that's the ticket.
孩子,那才是重要的
I tell you, Ida and the girls make life worth living.
我告诉你吧, Ida和其他女孩子只是给人取乐
Papa, whoever he is,
为人父
oh, wait till he gets a load of that kisser.
那才是真正的幸福
He's married.
他是有妇之夫
Mr Mueller?
米勒先生?
Who? The name on the mailbox.
谁? 邮箱上的姓名
That's not his name.
那不是他的真名
He's some prohi I met in a speak.
他是什么禁酒探员,我在吧台认识的
You met a prohi in a speak? Ohh.
你在吧台认识了一个禁酒探员,天呐
After Nucky threw me over, I didn't care.
努基抛弃我以后,我不在乎
I wasn't careful.
也不小心
Then the next thing I knew
然后就怀上了
He said he'd pay me
他说,他会给我钱
good money.
很多钱
Take care of me until the baby comes.
照顾我,直到孩子出生
You should've written you were short on dough.
缺钱花了,你应该写信来
No, it's just
不,只是
Oh, it's just that I wanted to
只是,我想
be important to somebody.
成为别人生命重要一部分
I wanted
我想
I wanted to mean something besides just whoopee.
除了狂欢之外,也可以有别的价值
You know?
你明白吗?
Does Nucky know?
努基知道吗?
He knows about everything else,
他不知道
I wouldn't be surprised.
我也不奇怪
So tell me about Vaudeville.
跟我聊聊舞台剧吧
What's the gossip? You mean besides you?
有什么流言蜚语? 除了你之外吗?
We're dead for winter and MacGregor's coming into the Apollo
我们冬季无事可干, MacGregor带着这无聊的剧本来了
with this snoozer. A showgirl wants to marry
一个歌舞女郎想要
a society boy but his parents won't
嫁给上流社会的男人,但男人的父母不...
Is it that bad? Huh huh? What?
有那么糟吗? 啊,啊,什么?
Oh. It's not that terrible I suppose.
我想,没糟到那种程度吧
Hmm.

"A dangerous maid."
《危险的女佣》
Ange?
安吉拉
Daddy!
爸爸
Jimmy. Here they are,
吉米, 他们来了
Mutt and Mutt. What are you doing here?
两个哑巴, 你来这里干什么?
Hey.

Thank heavens. Hey, watch the lamp!
感谢上帝啊,嗨,小心台灯
Tommy, get him, get him!
汤米扁他,扁他
Get him!
扁他
Get him! Tommy, c'mere.
扁他,汤米,过来
All he's gotta do is step aside.
他所要做的,就是离开权力中心
Naturally. Like Colosimo.
自然而然,就像Colosimo(第一季第一集被杀的老大)
That's not how we're working it. It's a political coup.
那不是,我们办事的方式,这里是政治角力
A what? We're taking back the city.
什么东西? 我们正在夺回城市控制权
My father used to run things here. Fuck the city.
我父亲曾经控制着这座城市, 操他妈的城市
What about the booze? We got it all locked up.
那贩卖买卖呢? 我们全部控制了
We got the coast guard in our pocket
我们有海岸警卫队帮忙
and Nucky will be in jail by fall.
努基到秋天就会进监狱
Jail?
监狱?
Just have Frankenstein drill a hole in his noggin.
只要让铁面人给他一枪就好了
I won't do that.
我不会那么干
Whaddaya mean won't?
什么叫,你不会那么干?
So how about you? You still at the deuces?
你怎么样?还在赌坊那里?
Torrio gimme a piece.
托里分了我一杯羹
The brewery too 20% of each.
还有啤酒厂,各20%的利润
I bought a house.
我买了幢房子
I'm movin' my brothers out from Brooklyn.
我要把我的兄弟,接出布鲁克林
So we're both cooking with gas. Salute.
这么说来,我们俩都飞黄腾达了,干杯
Salute.
干杯
I wish I knew you were coming. I would have baked something myself.
我希望,我要知道你会来,我会亲自烘烤些食物
No, this is great. Perfecto.
这些已经很好了,完美
Are you staying for dinner as well?
你留下一起晚餐吗?
Nah, I got a train for Brooklyn.
不,我赶火车去布鲁克林
My father passed a few weeks back.
我父亲几周前去世了
I'm settling his affairs. Oh, I'm sorry.
我在料理他的后事, 我很遗憾
He was a barber, had his own shop.
他生前是理发师,开了家理发店
Not like your father, but he did okay.
不如你父亲,但还过得去
Thought I'd be a barber too.
以为,我也会成为理发师
Can you see that?
你能想象吗?
It's an honest living.
是一份安分的生计
And it worked him to death like a chump.
像个笨蛋一样工作到死
But he was my father, right?
说到底还是我父亲,对吧?
I marry a Mick, you marry a dago
我娶了个爱尔兰娘们,你娶了一个意大利娘们
and we both got sons. What's that about?
都有了孩子,太相似了
Daddy, my shoes won't tie.
爸爸,我的鞋带系不了
What? My shoes won't tie!
什么? 我鞋带系不了
I'll be right back.
我马上回来
They won't tie, huh? Uhuh.
系不起来,嗯
You don't remember what I showed you?
你不记得,我是怎么教你的吗?
Watch daddy's leg.
小心爸爸的腿
Looped. Loop, okay.
绕圈,绕,好了
Wrap, put it through, pull it tight.
穿进去,拉紧了
Like that? Yes.
那样吗? 嗯
Okay. Looped, wrap it around
好,绕圈
one? Two? No, one loop.
一圈还是两圈,一圈
Two loops? No, one loop!
两圈? 不对,一圈
Three loop. Then wrap it around. No.
三圈,然后,穿进去,不对
How is Odette?
奥德特还好吗?
Who? Put the string inbetween.
谁? 把绳头往中间
Inbetween. And pull tight.
往中间, 然后系紧
Pull it tight. She's a whore.
系紧了, 她是只鸡
That's how she is.
还能怎么样
You know how to do it better than I do.
你系得比我还好了
You just like you just like it when I do it.
你就是喜欢,要我帮你系
Daddy, daddy!
爸爸,爸爸!
Hey hey! Daddy, daddy, daddy!
嘿,嘿。爸爸,爸爸,爸爸。
I need your help.
来帮我把
Can I just get my coat off at least?
好歹让我把外衣脱了吧?
Your father's agitated or something. He won't let me shave him.
你父亲胃部不适还是怎么了,他不肯让我替他刮胡子
Change his bed. Leave him be, he's comfortable.
替他换床单,让他去,他觉得舒服就行了
It's days now he's sleeping in his clothes.
已经几天了,他都穿着衣服睡觉
He'll get bedsores.
他会得褥疮的
Hey, pop.
嗨,老爸
Time to go to sleep.
该睡觉了
Look who's here the big shot.
看看谁上报纸了,大人物噢
Come on, let's get you changed, okay?
好了,洗下身体吧,好吗?
Here, this bullshit.
看这里,胡说八道
What they're trying to do?
他们想要做什么?
You shouldn't read that. Here.
你不该看那个
It's a lot of goddamn bullshit.
完全是胡说八道
I know. What?
我知道, 什么?
Let's get you cleaned up, okay? I gotta be ready
给你擦下身体,好吗? 我得准备好
in case he needs me. Who?
以备他需要我, 谁?
Your brother!
你哥哥
Well, to do that you're gonna need your rest, okay?
那样的话,你需要好好休息,好吗?
So here, come on.
所以,听话
What'll become of him?
他最终会怎么样?
He's a big boy, pop. He'll take care of himself.
他是大人了,老爸,他会照顾自己
Aw bullshit.
胡扯
Pop, c'mon. Quit squirming.
老爸,别唠叨了
You need to help him. You can handle things,
你要帮他,你可以解决问题
but Eli? He has no goddamn idea what he's doing.
而Eli呢,他做事从来不经脑子思考
Mr Thompson.
汤普森先生
Good night.
晚上好
You're up. I am.
你在楼上了, 是啊
How was your day?
你今天顺吗?
It was good.
不错
Chalky White's gonna make bail.
Chalky White马上就能保释了
He'll be home very soon. Oh.
他很快就能回家了,嗯
His family must be thrilled.
他家人一定高兴坏了
You all right?
你还好吗?
I'm fine.
我很好
You look...
你看起来...
I don't know.
说不清
The book maybe.
可能受书的影响
So are you going to tell me what's going on or not?
那你打不打算告诉我,发生了什么?
Is it only me who has to share their troubles?
我是不是要把烦恼说出来呢?
What do you mean?
此话怎讲?
You walk around, the weight of the world on your shoulders,
你每天背负着巨大压力
yet you pretend nothing's wrong.
却假装一点事都没
I'll do the worrying for the both of us.
操心这种事留给我来处理
I want to help you. You do.
我想帮你,你不但这么想了
You are.
你也确实帮到我了
I've told you of my brother and sisters in Ireland.
我告诉过你,我兄弟姐妹都在爱尔兰
Yes?
嗯?
They're here now, in Brooklyn.
他们现在在美国了,布鲁克林
There's a resemblance.
看出了家族相似度
There's a telephone number.
上面留了电话号码
What are you going to do?
你打算怎么做?
I don't know.
我不知道
It wasn't a happy parting of the ways.
当然分别时并不愉快
This business, when it all blows over?
这次的事情,等一切烟消云散时
I'd like to take you away.
我想带你去散心
Have you seen Paris?
你去过巴黎吗?
No. Then that's where we'll go.
没有,那我们就去那里
The kids too if you like.
你要喜欢,可以带上孩子们
We'll book a suite at the Meurice.
在Meurice酒店订一间套房
I'm quite happy here, you know.
我目前就很开心了
I'm very glad to hear that.
我很高兴听你这么说
But it's important to always have something to look forward to.
不过,人生有些目标总是至关重要的
The whole encounter will be balanced on a razor.
成败在此一举
Take your father's lead,
服从你父亲的领导
but be your own man as well.
不过同时要有主见
So I shouldn't let him cut my meat for me?
那就是,不要对他言听计从?
I'm glad you're so cavalier. It's just a dinner, ma.
我很欣慰,你如此绅士, 只是一起共进晚餐,妈
With the governor, dear.
可是和州长一起,亲爱的
Your father's worked very hard to solidify this relationship.
你父亲非常辛苦才联系上的
And you know what they say about first impressions.
而你该明白,第一印象有多重要
You used to call him "The Letch."
你以前可是叫他“色鬼”
Who? My father.
谁?我父亲
I did not. You did.
我没有, 你有
I had to look it up.
我不得不提起
Well,
好吧
it must have been when I was still angry with him.
一定是我还耿耿于怀的时候
And what's changed?
现在怎么变了?
I grew up.
我成熟了
I learned forgiveness.
我学会了宽恕
It is a virtue, you know.
这是美德,你懂的
By that logic I should forgive Nucky.
照那逻辑,我该原谅努基
Forgive Nucky for what? Nothing.
原谅努基什么? 没什么
It means everything that you stood up for my honor, dear.
你站出来扞卫我的名誉,让我感动,亲爱的
I was a mere child when Nucky brought me to your father.
我几乎还是孩子的时候努基把我给了你父亲
You were certainly right about that.
那一点上,你说得没错
What's with his hair?
他的头发怎么回事?
Getting old is no picnic, believe me.
衰老不是什么愉悦的事,相信我
It looks foolish. To you, maybe.
看起来真傻, 对你来说,或许傻
To the outside world he just looks like the commodore.
就外界看来,更符合准将一贯形象
A friend of mine
我的一个朋友
buried his father.
为他父亲奔丧
He was a barber.
他父亲是理发师
Oh?
嗯?
Sometimes I think
有时我在想
I'd be better suited to a simpler life.
简单的生活也许更适合我
Well, that's ridiculous.
胡说
You're a natural leader.
你天生就有领袖气质
And what are you?
你扮演什么角色呢?
I'm just a woman who loves her family.
我只是一个深爱家人的女人
"I know what everybody says about me behind my back."
“我清楚,大家都在我背后说我什么”
That I'm just some flibbertigibbet
我只是个打扮得山青水绿的
with cotton wool between the ears.
轻浮女人
Well, I'm wise to a thing or two, I guess.
我想,我是不怎么聪明
You think I'll fall for any old
你以为,我会随便爱上
bean with pomade in his hair
什么头发擦得贼亮的老家伙
and the keys to a coupe.
然后上他们的车
And maybe I would have
也许上个月
last month,
我会这么干
but now
但自从
I'm in love with Harry.
我爱上了哈里
So what if I don't know how to hit a ball
要是,我不会
with a stick on a horse,
玩马球
or laugh without showing my teeth?
或者笑不露齿
I love him and he loves me.
我爱着他,他也爱着我
And whether we wind up in some swank mansion
无论我们最终是住在显赫的宅第
or just in a tarpaper shack" What are you doing?
抑只是住在简陋的小屋...你在干什么?
Nothing.
没什么
Please.
给我看
What is this?
这是什么?
What's it look like? A script.
你说呢?剧本啊
Why were you reading it?
你为什么看剧本?
My friend Eddie came over today
今天我朋友埃迪来探望我...
Eddie Cantor.
埃迪·坎托
He's a performer. I've seen his name.
他是表演家,我听过他的名字
What did you discuss?
你们讨论什么了?
Only that there's a musical
就是有一出音乐剧
trying out in town.
要在城里试演
And he thinks Eddie
他认为...就是埃迪
he thinks I'd be good for the part.
他认为,我适合演这个角色
A chorus girl. In the story she's a chorus girl
一个歌舞女,故事讲述了一个歌舞女
who gets jammed up with the wrong guy.
与一个男人的感情纠葛
Everything written here
这上面写的
is what the actors are supposed to say?
就是演员在剧中的台词吗?
Ain't you ever seen a show?
你没看过音乐剧吗?
Hey, give that
嗨,还给我...
I was taken by an aunt to a Christmas pageant in 1894.
我阿姨带着我一起出席了1894年的圣诞狂欢游行
When my parents found out, they broke off all relations
我父母发现后,同我阿姨断绝了一切关系
and never spoke to her again.
再也不和她说话了
Well, you don't know what you're missing.
你不知道,你错过什么了
You wish to appear in this spectacle?
你希望出演这出闹剧?
Please speak up.
回答我
Yes! Yes, I wish to appear.
是,是,我希望出演
I need something,
我要有点事情做
something or I'm going to go crazy.
否则我会发疯的
But you realize that's not possible.
但你明白,那是不可能的
You're carrying a child.
你正怀着孩子
That is a sacred charge from the lord
那是主赋予你的使命
and a financial agreement between us.
再者,我们之间有过经济协议
So what you might want
所以你想的
can't be allowed.
不会被允许
I'm sorry.
很抱歉
I told him, Nuck. I hollered and everything.
我告诉他了,努克我什么都说了
And he said what? That without the hooch,
然后他怎么说? 没有酒
people don't gamble as much. We got three boats coming in tonight
客人就不会大赌, 今晚有三船酒到港
scotch, rum and rye. Tell him to keep his shirt on.
苏格兰威士忌,朗姆,黑麦威士忌各一船,告诉他,继续营业
The Attorney General is on the line.
接通司法部长了
This isn't to be critical, but you need to start
没有批评你的意思,但是你需要开始
picking up on people's signals.
学习察言观色了
Nuck Okay, Nuck.
好的
Damien I need to take this call, Damien.
我要接一个电话
Right.
哦对
Yes, I'm so sorry.
是,我很抱歉
So sorry.
很抱歉
Mr Attorney General.
司法部长先生
Why so formal?
为什么这么见外?
The only thing new is the title.
唯一变化的就是头衔
Harry? How are you settling in, Harry?
你安顿的怎么样了
Warren had to have the place fumigated.
沃伦不得不把整个地方重新消毒
Seriously, the White House? It's filthy.
说真的,还“白”宫?脏得不行
Not nearly as dirty as when you fellas get through with it.
这点“脏” 等你们任期结束后,和你们比都称不上“脏”了
Nuck? What can I do for you, Nuck?
有什么可以效劳的
Well, speaking of messes, I'm in one myself.
嗯,说起麻烦事,我自己正陷入一桩
You hear about this election nonsense they're throwing at me?
你该听说了,对我操纵选举的攻击了吧?
I read the papers, sure. At least my clerk does it for me.
我看了报纸,至少我的书记员帮我摘录了
Well, not to put too fine a point on it,
不用说得更明了吧
but if you were ever planning on making good on a certain debt,
但如果你打算要报答我的话
now would be the time.
现在正是时候
Hey, you leave a case of wine on top of a radiator?
嗨,你留一箱酒在暖气片上
Come on. What?
快点,什么?
Sorry, Nuck. I say I'm calling in a favor.
抱歉,努克我说,我请求你帮个忙
I heard you, I just... I don't know.
我听明白了,只是...我不知道该
You don't know what? I hope it's how to thank me
你不知道什么?我希望不知该如何谢我
and not whether a bastard kid would've cost your boy the election.
要不是我, Harding的私生子事件早让总统选举泡汤了
Don't get me wrong, Nucky, we're all very grateful,
别误会我,努基我们都非常感激
but yours was a state election.
可你的事是州选举
So? So I have no standing to intervene on a federal level.
那怎么样?我无法以联邦层面去干涉
You can't get Harding to pull some strings?
你不能让Harding去施压吗?
Tell you what, how about you come down for a visit?
不如这样,要不你来白宫拜访一下
My guest, you and your gal,
作为我的贵宾,你和你的女人
dinner at the White House, stay over if you'd like.
在白宫共进晚餐,愿意的话留宿一晚
I know Warren would love to see you. How does that sound?
沃伦会很高兴见你,听起来怎么样?
It sounds like you're fucking me over.
听起来,感觉你在耍我
Let me unpack my socks at least, will you?
至少让我先坐稳吧
Swell, Harry. In the meantime I'll try to stay out of jail.
好死了哈利,我会尽量不进监狱的
Meyer, Charlie,
迈耶,查利
I believe you know Mr Masseria.
我想,你们都认识马塞利亚先生
Sure. Everybody knows Joe the boss.
当然, 人人都知道乔老大
Then perhaps you also know,
那或许,你也同样知道
though it is of course news to me,
虽然我是第一次被告知
that a card game you operate is located in territory
你所经营的赌坊的位置
that Mr Masseria considers to be his.
在马塞利亚先生看来,是他的地盘
Not considers! Is mine.
不是看来,就是我的
My thinking was, before any more blood is shed,
我的想法是,为避免更多的流血冲突
that a compromise can be reached.
可以达成一个妥协
More blood? Tompkins Square Park,
更多的流血冲突? 汤普金广场公园
my two nephews?
我的两个外甥?
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道,你在说什么
Apparently two of Mr Masseria's emissaries to your establishment
显然马塞利亚先生派来的两位“使节”
were murdered shortly after their visit.
在到你们店里拜访后,很短时间内就被杀害了
We do operate a game
我们确实在一个也许处于灰色不明的地盘上
in what might be termed a grey area territorially.
经营赌牌
But as to any violence in the neighborhood
但从来没有任何暴力发生在这片区域
they stab themself, eh? A coincidence then. It happens.
他们自己捅的自己?那就是巧合,有时会发生
On my streets
在我的地盘上
no coincidence.
没有巧合一说
This little prick, since he's 10 years old
这小逼,自从十岁开始
he causes problems.
就开始惹麻烦
It seems to me you boys ought to extend
似乎在我看来,你们应该
a token of goodwill towards Mr Masseria.
向马塞利亚释出善意的表示
Shall we say
不如
a onetime fee of $2,000
一次支付2000美元
for the families of those gentlemen
作为死者家属的抚恤费
and a tax of 10% on the game going forward?
以及未来赌牌生意利润的10%
Charlie Hold on a fuckin' second Charlie.
慢点,我操,
10% is okay.
10%可以接受
For now. Then we have an agreement?
就目前来说,那么我们说定了?
Charlie.
查利,
A.R., two grand is bad enough, but 10% of the fucking game? A.R.
给2000美元已经够糟了,还要给10%的赌牌利润?
We already pay half the take on that game to you.
我们已经上交一半利润给你了
Yes.
没错
And now you boys know why.
现在你们该明白为什么了
There's another speak off Baltic.
关于波罗的号有另外一种说法
Right time of night, you'll be good for 100 cases.
半夜十二点,你运气好能逮到100箱
What kind of security, Mr Cusick?
安全措施呢, Cusick先生?
The usual
和平常一样...
shotguns, pistols.
猎枪,手枪
And the name is Doyle now.
还有,我现在叫Doyle了
Your file says Cusick.
你档案上写着Cusick
Then it's wrong,
那档案错了
'cause I already been arrested under the new moniker.
因为我上次被捕就是登记的新名字
I can arrest you again if you like, see if it sticks.
你要喜欢的话,我可以再逮捕一次,看看名字是否吻合
Cusick'll be dandy.
Cusick这名字过于油头粉面
Cash up front, officer.
先付钱,长官
You wanna dance,
想跳舞
you pay the piper.
先付钱
Any chance you wanna sell back any hooch you might happen to confiscate?
有没有可能,你想把充公的酒,重新拿去卖?
Are you admitting to me that you're a bootlegger, Mr Cusick?
你这是在承认,你是一个私酒贩子吗? 卡西克先生?
Jesus, I can't get a bead on you.
天呐,就不能幽默一下
So that's what you like. Can't fault you there.
原来你好这口,看不出来
I'm a married man. I have no interest in women of that sort.
我是已婚男人,我对那种女人没有兴趣
"Treat a queen like a whore
“女人就该白天是贵妇
and a whore like a queen."
晚上是荡妇”
That's what my Uncle Louie used to say.
我叔叔就经常这么说
Let me ask you, Mr Doyle
我问你,柯南道尔先生
would you consider Nucky Thompson fun?
你认为努基·汤普森是个有情调的人吗?
For whom should I ask? Any occupant of apartment 2A.
我该找谁? 任何一个2A的住户
I don't often speak on the telephone, ma'am. Just relax.
我不经常讲电话的,夫人,放松就好了
I told you what to say. Uh, hello.
我会告诉你说什么的, 你好
Yes.

Any occupant of apartment 2A, please.
请接2A里的任意一个住户
Yes, very good. He'll fetch someone.
嗯,很好,他去叫了
Is it a friend you're loing for? A relation.
你在寻找失散的朋友吗? 一个亲人
In America? Are they
在美国?他们
Yes, hello.
喂,你好
I am attempting to locate Miss Peggy Rohan.
我正在寻找佩吉·罗恩小姐的地址
And I wondered if I m
我想,我是不是...
Yes, I see.
嗯,我明白了
And you're quite sure of this?
你确定吗?
I'm terribly sorry.
我非常抱歉
A second man the man the first man went to fetch?
另一个男人...接电话的男人去叫来的
He says I'm sorry,
他说...很抱歉
but he says Peggy Rohan is dead, ma'am.
但他说佩吉·罗恩已经去世了,夫人
He said she died 12 years ago.
他说,她12年前去世了
Mayor Bader dropped by.
巴德市长顺道来看你
He invited you to join him and Mrs Bader for dinner.
他邀请你一起,和他们夫妇共进晚餐
Tell him I'm busy. Anything specific?
告诉他,我正忙,说具体忙什么?
Just make something up. Ja.
你自己编, 是
Oh!
哦!
I was wondering why the phone had not rung.
我刚还奇怪呢,怎么电话都不响了
Just leave it.
让它去
Mr Thompson, I do hope I'm not intruding.
汤普森先生,我希望,我没打搅到你们
What do you want? A word, if you've time, sir.
你有什么事? 聊几句,有时间的话,先生
Have a seat.

Thanks.
谢谢
As you know, sir, I've and I'm eternally grateful
如您所知,先生,我...我异常感激...
I've been tending bar for Mr Steinman at the casino there.
我在Steinman先生的赌场的吧台工作
Tonight. Sir?
今晚, 什么,先生?
The booze. There's a shipment tonight.
酒,今晚会货到港
Yes sir.
是的,先生
That's actually not why I'm here. Why are you here?
事实上,那不是我前来的原因,那为什么来这儿?
Owen Sleater What's your name again? Owen Sleater.
你叫什么来着?
I'm here, sir, 'cause I read the papers.
我来这里,先生,因为我看了报纸
More importantly I read between the lines.
重要的是,我看招聘启事
And you've concluded what?
得出什么结论?
That my talents are being wasted behind a tap.
在吧台工作浪费了我的才能
What are your talents, Mr Sleater?
你有什么才能, Sleater先生?
Making people stop. Stop what?
令行禁止, 禁止什么?
Whatever it is you don't want them to be doing.
任何你不想他们做的事
What makes you think I need a man with those skills?
你凭什么认为,我需要一个具有那些技能的人?
Well, if you need me to tell you, sir,
如果要我说的话,先生
you need me more than I thought.
你远比我想的更需要
Nucky, I just received a call.
努基,我刚接到一个电话
Bill A shiptoshore message from McCoy:
比尔McCoy发来的船到岸消息
The coast guard is seizing his ships.
海岸警卫队正在查封他的船队
I thank you for your time, sir.
抱歉占用您的时间,先生
Hello?
有人吗?
Hello?
有人吗?
Hello. Delivery for Mueller.
你好,寄给Mueller的物品
So you set the record. You wind her up.
你把黑胶碟放上去,摇上去
You place the needle...
把唱针放对位置
And you're all set.
就全部搞定了
Mmm. Excuse me.
嗯,等下
Who sent this?
谁送的?
That would be
是...
Mr Mueller.
米勒先生订的
Lilian The girl's being coy with you, Lilian.
这姑娘在假装害羞呢
Oh yes, him. "Oh yes, him," she says.
嗯,是他,看她说的,多亲密
I saw the way you looked at him. We both did.
我观察到,你看他的眼神,我们都看到了
You were giddy as a schoolgirl
你就像个轻浮的小女生
Is this a private party?
是在聊私人话题吗?
Ma'am, I'm so sorry. Sit.
夫人,我很抱歉,坐
Pour me a drink.
给我倒一杯酒
More for yourselves as well.
也给你们自己倒一杯
Are you sure, ma'am? It's the first drop kills you.
您确定吗,夫人?第一口酒呛死人
So there's no harm in the last.
喝久了就不觉得什么了
Katy? Were you born in Ireland, Katy?
你是出生在爱尔兰吗
No, ma'am. Here, ma'am.
不是,夫人,出生在这里,夫人
Please stop calling me that.
请不要这么称呼我了
If you had been, you'd have left the place.
如果你出生在那里,你也会离开的
And far be it from anyone
并且远离任何
to begrudge you that escape.
不愿你逃离那里的人
Am I right? Yes, ma'am
我说得对吗? 是的,夫人
missus. Margaret.
女士, 叫玛格丽特
Why put on airs?
为什么不叫呢?
If you wish.
如果您希望的话
What's this?
这里干什么?
Leave it.
放着
What's the matter?
怎么了?
Nothing.
没什么
I'd like you to dress for dinner.
我要你换衣服去赴宴
What?
什么?
Get dressed, please. I'm taking you out.
去换下衣服,我带你出门
Like a sweet cooin' dove
像一只温柔的咕咕叫的鸽子
I'm just bubbling with love
我只是洋溢在爱里,
mmm mmm

for my sweet baby girl has my brain in a whirl
因为我亲爱的宝贝,我的大脑在旋转
mmm mmm

oh, her wonderful eyes oh, those eyes
哦,她漂亮的眼睛。哦,这双眼睛
and her beautiful smile and her beautiful smile
和她美丽的微笑,
they have me hypnotized they have me hypnotized
它们使我沉醉
oh, they're driving me wild
哦,它们使我狂野
wanna little lovin' every now and then
想时不时地给她爱抚
when I patted her hand did she say it was grand
当我拍拍她的手时,她说那是盛大的
mmm mmm

then I started to sing 'bout a cute wedding ring
然后我开始唱敲打一个可爱的结婚戒指
mmm mmm

I told her of my dream about a bungalow
我告诉她我对小屋的梦想
I felt myself aslippin' when she said let's go
当她说我们走吧,我感觉自己要滑倒了
Governor Edwards. How are you, Babette?
州长爱德华兹你好啊芭贝特
It's been too long. Yes it has, yes it has.
已经很久没来了,久违了,久违了
There they are. Governor.
那边呢, 州长
Hey, how are you? Good.
嗨,你好吗? 好极了
Oh, after you, my dear.
女士优先,亲爱的
Hey, you son of a bitch.
嗨,狗娘养的
Louis, how are you? How are you? Louis
近来可好?近来可好?
Good to see you. Shake hands with my son Jimmy.
见到你很高兴, 来认识认识我儿子吉米
A pleasure. Sir.
幸会,先生
Governor Edwards, sit down.
爱德华兹州长,坐吧
I took the liberty of ordering you a little appetizer.
我自作主张,给您准备了点见面礼
Ed Don't look so uncomfortable, Ed.
别这么紧张
Louis You're not the biggest crook I've been seen in public with, Louis
你还算不上我见过的最大的恶棍
wish I could say the same about you.
真希望,我也能说同样的话
Are we shocking your youthful sensibilities?
你们年轻人的敏感度,让我们吃惊
I've heard worse, sir.
我听过更糟的,先生
Jimmy went up against the kaiser for two years.
吉米参加了两年欧战
Oh, that's a rough patch of road.
那可是一路荆棘
That was only war. This is Atlantic city.
那不过是战争,远不比大西洋城凶险
Well done, boy. Well done.
说得好,孩子,说得好
Nucky. Good evening. Nucky
晚上好
It is. Four please.
一共四位
I wasn't expecting you.
我没料到你会来
I'm sorry. It's fine.
真抱歉,没事
Relax.
放松
Let's go to the Blenheim.
我们去Blenheim吧
We're eating here.
我们就在这里用餐
Ah, so you intend to follow in your papa's footsteps?
那么你打算追随你父亲的从政吗?
I'd like to think I'm my own man.
我更愿意自食其力
I wouldn't have it any other way.
我可不会那么干
But I am eager to learn everything I can.
但是我急切的,尽我所能的学
Yeah? What have you learned so far?
是吗?目前为止学到什么了?
Nothing's free.
没有免费的午餐
You know, I never thought Volstead was a good idea.
你知道嘛,我从未认为,禁酒令是个好主意
You will after you open that envelope.
等回家打开那信封,你会改变想法的
The partisan nonsense it caused.
清教徒们造成的
Ed You and I will be a lot closer, Ed.
你和我会走得更近
Republicans, democrats all fucking meaningless
共和党人,民主党人,全他妈的没意义
Thompson... as soon as Nucky Thompson is
汤普森一旦努基
when he's brought to justice. Right.
受到法律的制裁, 没错
We'll have a gala fucking party.
我们就会举行庆祝聚会
I'll be looking forward to it.
我期待这一刻的到来
I love this kid. I'd be happy to eat elsewhere.
我爱这孩子, 去别处吃,我也很高兴
Didn't someone mention the Blenheim?
不是有人提出去布伦海姆吗?
Any questions about the menu?
可以点餐了吗?
I think we're all set.
我想,我们想好了
The lady will have the veal chop.
给女士来一份小牛排
I'll have the ribeye. Very good, sir.
我要一份肋眼部位的牛排, 好的,先生
Mr Thompson? Lobster thermidor for the lady.
汤普森先生? 给女士来一份芝士焗龙虾
Centercut pork chops for me.
我要一份中间部位的猪排
I'm so sorry, sir, we're just out of the lobster.
我很抱歉,先生,龙虾已经供应完了
No. My apologies. Not a minute ago.
没事,抱歉,一分钟前被点完了
What would you recommend? We have chicken cordon bleu
你有什么推荐的? 我们有奶酪火腿鸡排
or a poached salmon. The chicken then.
还有清蒸三文鱼,那就鸡排吧
Nuck. You've had your last meal in this place.
努克你已经享用了在这里的最后一顿晚餐
Nucky. Get your fucking hand off me.
努基把你他妈的手拿开
Governor, what brings you to our seaside resort?
州长,什么风把您吹来了?
Nucky You have my sympathy for your troubles, Nucky.
对于你的遭遇,我深表同情
And you have my undying wish for a long political career.
趁我没死前,预祝你有一个长久的政治生涯
James You're looking very respectable, James.
你看着很体面嘛
Meet his eyes, boy.
跟他争锋相对,孩子
I'd say we're both putting up a pretty good front.
要我说,我俩都穿得很体面
What did he promise you?
他承诺了你什么?
More than you ever did.
远比你承诺的多
James I keep my promises, James.
我信守我的承诺
And I'll make you one now: I will ruin you.
我现在就可以承诺你一个,我会毁掉你
All of you.
你们全部
You act more like a fucking child.
你表现得像个小屁孩
You're the expert on children, aren't you?
你可是儿童专家,不是吗?
He never even asked her name.
他从来不问女人的名字
Just pointed to the one he wanted.
只是指一下他想要的那个
The rest was understood.
剩下的都不言自喻了
Jimmy! Hey hey hey!
吉米。嘿,嘿,嘿
Jimmy You're stronger than that.
吉米你要有承受能力
Have a nice dinner, gentlemen.
用餐愉快,先生们
Jimmy.
吉米
No no no, wait. Scratch that.
不,不,不,等等,删掉那个
Better yet, give me 10 rum,
重来,给我10箱朗姆
then 20 each of the rye and whiskey.
各20箱黑麦威士忌和苏格兰威士忌
Hey, peddle your goods elsewhere.
嗨,去别处推销你的酒
We'll not be needing your services.
我们不再需要你的服务的
The fuck you talkin' about? We work for Mr Thompson.
你他妈的说什么呢? 我们为汤普森干活
These are not Mr Thompson's men.
这些不是汤普森先生的人
You want this order or not?
你到底要不要买酒?
He does not.
他不要
Take you for a soldier, lad.
你是军人吧,伙计
I was. Ah.
曾经是,嗯
And who is it you're fighting for now?
你现在是为谁卖命呢?
Right. Back on the truck now, like good lads.
嗯,重新搬回车上,乖乖的听话
I don't take orders from no fuckin' paddy.
我可不会听爱尔兰佬的命令行事
Of course you don't. This is America.
你当然不会,这是美国
Why did you not shoot me?
为什么你不开枪打我?
I may yet.
我也许会的
I've got no quarrel with you, sir.
我跟你素无恩怨,先生
We're just not buying any liquor.
我们只是不买任何酒了
In the evening by the moonlight when the darkies' work was over
在晚上的月光下,当黑暗的工作结束了
we would gather round the fire till the hoecake it was done
我们会围着火直到玉米饼被烤熟了
then we all would eat our supper
然后我们会吃我们的晚饭
after that we'd clear the dishes
之后我们要一起刷碗
You're home.
你到家了
For a while now.
有一会儿了
How was dinner with your father?
跟你父亲共进晚餐怎么样了?
Which one?
哪个父亲?(内心把努基当父亲了)
Ilvery moon was shining clear and bright
月亮正在照着,那么清晰,那么明亮
how the old folks would enjoy it
老人是如何享受的
they would sit all night and listen as we sang in the evening by the moonlight.
他们会在晚上在月光下整夜地坐着听我们唱歌
What was that for?
是什么含义?
I don't ever want to see you sad again.
我再也不想看见你沮丧了
Katy, would you lay out a suit for the morning? Katy
明早准备好一套西服
Yes, Mr Thompson.
是,汤普森先生
Charcoal pinstripe, please,
颜色要炭黑细条纹
doublebreasted.
双排扣的
Oh, and tell Teddy not to dig in the front lawn.
还有,告诉特迪别去挖门前的草坪
What happened at that dinner?
晚餐时发生什么了?
He's certainly in better spirits.
他心情明显好多了
Good night, Katy.
晚安,凯蒂
Peggy Rohan
佩吉·罗恩
that's you, isn't it?
那就是你,不是吗?
I'll never tell, don't worry.
我永远不会说出去的,别担心
That will be all, Katy.
凯蒂,没事了
It cost me a lot But there's one thing that I've got It's my man
这让我付出了很多代价,但我得到了一样东西 那就是我的男人
cold and wet, tired, you bet but all that I'll soon forget with my man
他冷淡,酗酒,还心不在焉,当然,所有这些我都会很快忘记,因为他是我的男人
he's not much on looks and no hero out of books is my man
他长得不怎么样,他不是书中的好汉,但是我爱他,是的,我爱他
two or three girls has he that he likes as well as me, but I love him
他有两个,或三个女孩,他既喜欢她们也喜欢我,但是我爱他
I don't know why I should he isn't good he isn't true, he beats me too what can I do?
我不知道为什么我会这样。他不够好。他不忠诚,他还打我,我又能怎么办?
what's the difference if I say I'll go away when I know I'll come back ony knees someday?
如果我说我们之间有分歧,我要离开,那时我知道,有一天我会跪着回来
for whatever my man is I am his forever and more.
因为无论我的男人是什么样的人,我都会永远爱他,甚至爱得更加久远。

分享到
重点单词
  • faultn. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层 vt.
  • qualityn. 品质,特质,才能 adj. 高品质的
  • scotchn. 伤口,刻痕 v. 粉碎,消灭,阻止 v. 弄伤,刻
  • goodwilln. 善意,亲切,友好; 商誉,信誉。
  • locatevt. 把 ... 设置在,使坐落于,找出 vi. 住下
  • lobstern. 龙虾
  • equationn. 相等,方程(式), 等式,均衡
  • virtuen. 美德,德行,优点,贞操
  • sympathyn. 同情,同情心,同感,赞同,慰问
  • cordonn. 哨兵线,警戒线,饰带 vt. 围起警戒线