波士顿法律第二季(MP3+中英字幕):第9集 私家侦探
日期:2017-01-24 15:32

(单词翻译:单击)

Previously on Boston legal
前情提要
Look, judge, I can't defend a man
法官阁下,我不能够为一个
who raped and murdered a 13yearold girl.
强奸并杀害了13岁女孩的人辩护
I got AIDS, Denny Crane.
我得了爱滋,克兰?丹尼
She could've had a lot of suffering
她可能会在往后受到更多折磨
ahead, because I really went to town.
你知道我指什么吧?
She's probably lucky I ended it quick.
她也许会庆幸我提早结束了她的痛苦
On the other hand...
另一方面...
What?
你想...
You're entitled as a criminal
你作为他的律师有权
defense attorney to shoot someone?
开枪射他?
No, no, no. It's self, selfdefense.
不,不,不,这是自卫,正当防卫
Come on.
夜惊?
Night terrors? How would you feel about sleeping with me?
和我一起睡,你觉得怎么样?
It's just to make sure I
只是确保我
don't leap off the 14th floor.
不会从14楼跳下去
You'll do anything to get me into bed.
你会做任何事来把我弄上床
Denny Crane
克兰?丹尼.
Denny Crane
克兰?丹尼.
Denny Crane
克兰?丹尼.
Hey! Hey!
嗨!嗨!
What the hell do you...
你在干吗...
Get up, Denny, we're going to the bathroom.
起来丹尼,我们去厕所
Untie the knot.
解开绳子就行了
It takes too long. Let's just get up!
那太麻烦了,起来就好!
I'm not getting up!
我才不起来!
It'll take two seconds!
一会儿就好!
It's the middle of the night!
现在是午夜!
Just get up.
起来
I'm not gonna get up.
我才不要起来
Damn it!
该死!
Happy?
高兴了?
This isn't working for me.
这招对我没用
I was thinking if I develop some kind of a rip cord,
我当时在想,如果我把绳子处理一下
I could free myself with one
那我就可以很容易把它挣断
little tug and you, therefore,
而你,那样的话
wouldn't be inconvenienced by my nocturnal bladder.
就不会被我的夜尿吵醒了
I've been sleeping with you a week.
我和你睡了一个星期了
I haven't noticed one night terror.
从来就没见你的夜惊发作过
That's because I feel so comforted
那是因为我在你那充满安全感的
nestled in the safety of your bosom.
怀抱中感到那么的舒适
Change, please?
给点零钱吧
That's what this is all about, isn't it? My breasts.
这就是你的目的,不是吗?我的胸部
You're lactating, admit it.
你在泌乳,承认吧
Hey!
嗨!
Now if you don't wanna give
如果你不想
me no change, that's fine.
给我钱,没关系
But how about the courtesy of a response?
但起码有点礼貌的回应吧?
You want a response?
你要回应?
Denny, what the hell do you...
丹尼你搞什么...
Relax. Paintball.
放心,彩弹
Denny Crane
兰克?丹尼。
You don't have to do this.
你不用这么做的
You've been telling me for three
3天来你一直在说
days that I don't have to do this.
我不用这么做的
It's just that...
只是...
It's your birthday present. I want to.
这是你的生日礼物,我应该的
A bedroom set is more than a birthday present.
一套卧室用品用来当礼物太过了
Okay, could we just stop arguing about this?
好吧,我们能不能不要再讨论这个了?
Can I get a toy?
我能要个玩具吗?
No, Tito, we're not here for toys.
不Tito,我们不是来买玩具的
May I help you?
我能帮你吗?
Uh, yeah, we're looking for bedroom furniture.
呃,好的,我们想买一套卧室家具
Second floor. Thank you.
二楼,谢谢
You know, Denise, what I'd
你知道吗,丹尼斯,我真正喜欢
really like is a picture frame.
的是一个相框
This is beautiful.
这个真漂亮
We came here to buy a bed.
我们来这里是买床的
We came here to buy a
我们来这里买
dresser. We came here to buy lamps.
衣柜,买灯具
We are not leaving here with just a picture frame.
我们不会只带着一个相框离开
Even though this is really beautiful.
虽然这个的确很漂亮
Can I buy you the picture frame?
那我送这个给你行吗?
You have a really hard time
你真的很不喜欢
accepting gifts, don't you?
收礼物,是吗?
A gift like a whole bedroom? Yes.
整套卧室用品?是的
All right, second floor, lady. Let's do it.
好了,二楼,我们走吧
Tito?
Tito?
Tito?
Tito?
Where is he?
他去哪了?
Have you seen my son?
你看见我的儿子了吗?
He's gotta be here. He was here just a minute ago.
他应该在附近,他刚才还在的
Tito?
Tito?
Tito?
Tito?
Hey, I'm looking for a little boy, 4 years old.
嗨,我正在找一个小孩,4岁
He's wearing red and gray jacket and jeans.
穿着红灰夹克和牛仔裤
Tito?
Tito?
Anyone?
有人看见吗?
Tito!
Tito!
Are you sure that's him?
你确定这是他?
Positive. His name is Tito.
是的,他的名字叫Tito
Please, god.
上帝
Please, god.
上帝
Did you get a plate number? Partial.
你看见车牌了吗? 部分
He has my son.
他带走了我的孩子
He has my son.
他带走了我的孩子
Can I talk to you a second? Yeah.
我能和你说几句吗? 好的
The FBI will be assuming jurisdiction.
FBI将会接手此案
Which means what? You're off?
什么意思?你们不管了?
We're not off.
我们不会不管
This woman is...
这位女性是...
My housekeeper.
我的管家
Denise, look, we know who took the boy.
丹尼斯是这样的,我们知道谁带走了这个孩子
You do? His name is Joe Martini.
你们知道? 他的名字叫马蒂尼?乔
We don't know where he is but,
我们不知道他在哪里,但是
the good news is we at least
好消息是,我们至少
know who we're dealing with.
知道我们要对付的是谁
The bad news is...
坏消息是...
he kidnapped a 5yearold two years ago.
他两年前绑架了一个5岁大的小孩
The child turned up deceased.
那个孩子死了
Mr. Martini's a pedophile.
马蒂尼先生是一个恋童癖
Does he have an address?
他有住址吗?
He drifts. Occasionally visits his brother.
他行踪不定,偶尔会拜访他的兄弟
We've already sent some uniforms to question.
我们已经派了几位警官去询问
Why isn't this man in prison if you know who he is?
既然你们知道他是什么人,为什么不把他关进监狱?
He was arrested.
他曾被捕
But we couldn't make the case.
但是我们没办法定罪
Denny Crane?
克兰?丹尼?
Denny Crane
克兰?丹尼.
You shot me. I did.
你射了我,是的
You the big lawyer? I am.
你是个大律师? 没错
What's going on?
发生什么事?
I could take you to court for assault, man.
我可以把你告上法庭,伙计
Sue me. But I'm willing to settle.
告我啊,但是我愿意和解
Give me $100,000. Seems a little high.
给我10万美元就好,听起来有点多
How about zip? Does zip work for you?
0元怎么样?看起来比较适合你
I may be homeless, but I ain't stupid.
我也许是无家可归,但是我不笨
My mistake.
噢,我的错
I'll be back.
我会回来的
Denny, I could be wrong, but you
丹尼我也许错了,但是
might want to think about settling this.
你也许应该考虑一下和解
You're absolutely right.
你说得很对
You could be wrong.
你也许错了
Brad, the guy is a pedophile.
布拉德那个人是恋童癖
The first 48 hours, if we don't...
在开始的48小时内,如果我们不...
What are the police saying?
警方说了什么?
They know who he is. They don't know where he is.
他们知道他是谁,但是不知道他在哪
Apparently, the FBI is all over it but...
显然,FBI接手了,但是...
this is an hispanic kid. It's not like
这是个西班牙小孩,他们并不会像新闻所说的那样
the news is gonna make a big deal of it.
把这当成一件很大的事情
I hear that you have friends in the FBI.
我听说你在FBI里有朋友
I do.
是的
Can you help? Please?
你能帮帮忙吗?行吗?
The first 48 hours...
开始的48小时...
We think the brother knows where he is.
我们认为他的兄弟知道他在哪里
But? He's not talking.
但是? 他不会说的
Can't you charge him with
你们不能控告他同谋吗?
conspiracy? Aiding and abetting?
教唆协助之类的?
His only crime is being
他唯一的罪行就是
fraternally related to the kidnapper.
作为一个绑架犯的兄弟
We can't exactly, uh...
我们不能够准确地,呃...
What about harboring a fugitive
那么为一个罪犯提供庇护呢
No evidence that the
没有证据表明
suspect was there after the crime.
疑犯在犯罪以后去过那里
So what you're saying is you're nowhere.
那么你说的是你什么都帮不了
Look, uh, we're on this. So
是这样,呃,我们在关注此事
is the Boston P.D. But, uh...
波士顿警方也是,但是,呃...
take a walk?
去走走?
You can talk in front of me. She's good.
有话可以当着我面说,她没问题
Anything the FBI or the
FBI和警察做的任何事
police do, it's state action.
都是政府行为
We have limitations.
我们受到制约
What a private citizen does, however,
但是,市民的私自行动
no poisonous fruit issues, no civil rights concerns.
不涉及毒果政策和公民权利,(毒果政策,美法律术语,指非法获得的证据不能被作为定罪的证据)
A child is missing. If you
一个孩子失踪了
could be a little less cryptic.
你说话能不能不要那么含糊
A lot of kids who live in cults,
有很多的孩子生活在一种环境中
for example, their parents hire
例如,他们的父母会雇用
P.I.'s to basically kidnap them.
私人侦探去绑架他们
Technically, it's a crime. Are
技术上说,这是犯罪
these parents ever prosecuted?
这些家长有被起诉吗?
No.
没有
Brad, you yourself hired some Brad
你本身也有雇用
P.I.'s to do an intervention.
私家侦探来做一些事
Legally, that was false imprisonment.
法律上来说,这是非法羁押
Did we prosecute? No.
我们有起诉吗?没有
Is he being less cryptic? Selfhelp.
他有说的清楚一些吗? 自己理解吧
That brother knows
那个兄弟知道一些东西
something. I know he knows something.
我知道他知道一些东西
If we weren't under such scrutiny,
如果我们不是受到限制
we'd grab him ourselves and,
我们大可以把他抓起来,然后
uh, encourage him a little.
呃,鼓励他说出一些信息
I never saw you take that
我从来没有看见你
badge out of my desk drawer.
从我抽屉里拿了这块警徽
Never saw you take that one. Wait, wait, wait.
也没看见你拿了那块,等等
Are you suggesting that we
你是在暗示我们
impersonate FBI officials?
假冒一个FBI工作人员?
I would never suggest that.
我绝不会暗示这些
He's back?
他回来了?
In the conference room with a lawyer.
在会议室,和一个律师一起
You, kid.
你,孩子
Yes, sir? Fix my tie.
什么事,先生? 帮我整理下领带
Get in the conference room. Sit there quietly.
到会议室去,安静地坐在那儿
Pretend you know something.
假装你知道什么
You, you know my name? Yes, sir.
你,你知道我是谁吗? 是的,先生
Maybe one day I'll know yours. In
也许有一天我会知道你是谁
the conference room with goober.
和这个小家伙一起去会议室
No talking.
不要说话
Denny, why don't I join you?
丹尼不如我也加入你吧?
Why not? A show of force.
为什么不呢?这是实力的展示
Oh, Paul, Shirley,
噢,保罗、雪莉
join me in the conference room for a
和我一起去会议室好吗?
second, would you? It won't take long.
用不了多少时间的
What's going on? Please.
发生什么事了? 去吧
Who the hell are you?
你到底是谁?
Uh, my name is Warren Peters, sir.
呃,我的名字是Warren Peters,先生
And I represent my client Randall Kirk.
我代表我的委托人Randall Kirk
You work for a firm, Warren?
你在为事务所工作,沃伦?
Well, actually, I'm a solo practitioner.
这个,事实上,我是个人执业律师
Gee.

As you can see, I'm not.
如你所知,我不是
I work for a firm, one of the largest in Boston.
我在一间事务所工作,波士顿最大的事务所之一
Dripping with talent. This is Paul Lewiston.
盛名远扬,这位是Paul Lewiston
Right here beside him, Shirley Schmidt.
在他旁边这位,施密特?雪莉
Heard of them?
听过他们吗?
Yes.
是的
What's my name?
我的名字是什么?
Denny Crane
克兰?丹尼.
I realize you're a powerful man, sir.
我知道你是一个大人物,先生
But that does not give you the
但是这不代表你有权力
right to shoot homeless people.
向无家可归的人们开枪
You, you shot this man?
你,你射了这个人?
A paintball.
彩弹而已
It happens.
时有发生
Did you client tell you that he
你的委托人有没告诉你
first hit me on the head with a rock?
是他先向我的头丢石块的?
Well, he tossed a stone in your
他向你的方向丢了块石头
direction which inadvertently struck you.
无意中击中了你
Well, obviously, I'm not gonna pay, son.
好吧,很明显,我不会给钱的,孩子
So you can spend the next three
因此你可以花上你生命中
years of your life in discovery
接下来3年的时间
trying to push this case to court,
尝试把这个案子弄到庭上去
at which point I'll call the clerk
而到时我会打电话给办事员
and have it assigned to a friend of
将它指派给我的一个朋友
mine. I'm friends with lots of judges.
我是很多法官的朋友
Or you can cut your losses now.
或者你可以现在就放弃
You might want to think about this.
你也许会考虑一下
No other lawyer would take the case.
没有律师会愿意接这个案子
The reason they wouldn't take it
他们不愿意接的原因
it's because it's a money loser.
是因为这是费钱不讨好的案子
It's what we call a dog. You like dog cases, kid?
我们把它称为毫无价值的案子,你喜欢这种案子,孩子?
I'm not intimidated.
我不会屈服于威胁的
Of course you are.
你当然会
Here's what you need to know
这是你所要知道的
about the practice of law, son.
关于法律的实践,孩子
It all comes down to money.
归根到底就是钱
I've got it. He doesn't. I'll win.
我有钱,他没有,我会赢
Denny Crane
克兰?丹尼.
Why aren't they doing anything?
为什么他们不做些什么?
They are, Helena, it just...
他们有Helena,只是...
They could set up roadblocks.
他们可以设置路障
Somebody's gotta do something.
必须要有人做点什么
The police are all over this. It's just...
警方在关注此事,只是...
They don't know where this man is.
他们不知道这个人在哪里
I'm not risking arrest.
我可不想被逮捕
The FBI's told me that won't happen.
FBI和我说这不会发生
What about the police?
警方呢?
As long as you don't cause any
只要你们不造成
physical injuries, we're okay.
任何物理伤害,我们就没事
Will this man be armed? We expect not.
这个男的有武器吗? 我们认为没有
He has no record, no history of violence.
他没有犯罪记录,没有暴力史
But be ready just the same.
但是我们还是做好准备为好
Now, hopefully, he'll talk.
现在,希望他愿意说出来
But if not, we got a room in the
但是如果他不,我们在地下室
basement, looks like an FBI Interrogation cell.
有间房,看上去就像是FBI的审讯室
We blindfold him. We take him there.
我们把他眼睛蒙起来,带他到那儿
Brad, you're not gonna go
布拉德你不会想像
all "Mannix" on us, are you?
"Mannix"那样做吧?
I never did that.
我从没那样做过
I'll meet you downstairs. Let's go.
我在楼底和你们会合,出发吧
What did he mean, "go all Mannix"?
他说的"像Mannix那样"是什么意思?
When I was a kid, my role model was sort of Mannix.
当我还是小孩时,我的偶像就是像Mannix那样的人
The famous private detective?
那个著名的私家侦探?
He was a television character.
他只是一个电视角色
I'll let you know how we do. Whoa, whoa, whoa.
我会让你知道我们怎么做的,喔,喔,喔
I'm coming with you.
我和你一起去
No, you're not. Yes, I am.
不,你不去,不,我要去
There's no reason for both
没有理由让我们俩
of us to risk our careers... There is no way I'm letting you do this alone.
同时拿自己的职业生涯来冒险... 我不会让你一个人去做这事的
I have some experience...
我有过一些经验...
You are also up for full partnership
而且你就要竞选合伙人了
As are you. And I'm willing to take the risk.
你也是,我愿意冒这个险
Why are we wasting our time? There's a child missing.
我们干嘛在这浪费时间?有个孩子失踪了
Garrett?
加勒特?
I need you.
我需要你
To do research.
做些调查
Okay.
好吧
If a person breaks the law
如果一个人犯了法
or takes the law into his or her
或者为了救其他人
hands in order to save someone,
比如说一个被绑架的孩子
say, a kidnapped child, what is the
而充当执法者的角色
exposure, either civil or criminal?
在民事或者刑事上可以怎么辩诉?
I need the answer ten minutes ago.
10分钟之内给我答案
Got it.
知道了
Go.
快去
My lawyer dropped me.
我的律师放弃了
Bugger. If you think you won...
那个小家伙,如果你认为你赢了...
I do.
是的
I'll find another one. No, you won't.
我会找到另一个律师,不,你不会的
Nobody's gonna make any money suing Denny Crane
没有律师可以从起诉克兰?丹尼中获利
with a client who initiated
而且是委托人通过丢石块
the conflict by throwing a rock.
来引起这场冲突的
But, hey, if you can find another shark
但是,如果你能找到另一个傻瓜
like the last one, you know where to find me.
像上一个那样,你知道哪里可以找到我
Only don't come in personally, okay, sport?
只是不要私下找我,知道吗,小子?
I'll file a complaint for stalking.
我会投诉你跟踪我
Mr. Kirk?
Kirk先生?
I'll represent you. Is this a joke?
我会代表你,这是笑话吗?
Of course it is. No, it isn't.
当然是,不,不是
I'll be your lawyer.
我会做你的律师
I'm confused.
我糊涂了
You're right, Denny, no
你是对的,丹尼
other lawyer would take his case.
没有律师会接他的案子
So it's going to be me.
所以只能由我来接
Shock and awe, boys, shock and awe.
震慑行动,各位,震慑行动,(Shockandawe美军针对伊拉克,的“震慑行动”这个词一度很流行)
Are we confident that he's gonna be here?
我们能确认他在这里吗?
He works nights. He's home.
他上夜班,他现在在家
FBI, ma'am, we're looking for Dominic Martini.
FBI女士,我们在找Dominic Martini
You're under arrest for
你被捕了
aiding and abetting a felony,
罪名是教唆协助罪
conspiracy to commit kidnapping.
绑架案的同谋
Tell us where your brother is!
告诉我们你的兄弟在哪里!
Shut up!
闭嘴!
Anybody here speak Spanish?
谁会说西班牙语?
I think it's Russian.
我想这是俄语
It's Italian.
是意大利语
Let's take him! No!
把他抓走! 不!
Have you both lost your minds?
你们俩都疯了?
Impersonating FBI officers?
假冒FBI工作人员?
With the bureau's consent. Officially?
调查局同意的,正式的?
No, but...
不是,但是...
You've gotta be kidding.
你们真是在开玩笑
We're not gonna do anything crazy
我们没有做什么疯狂的事
Shirley... You already have.
雪莉...你们已经做了
We are lawyers. We sue people.
我们是律师,我们起诉人们
Occasionally, we get aggressive and garnish wages.
当然有时候我们比较富有侵略性,可以传讯他人
We do not abduct.
但是我们不能绑架
Denny shoots people.
丹尼向其他人开枪
I would never have expected
我可从来没想到会这样
this. Not even from Alan Shore.
更别提肖尔?艾伦了
Shirley, I know this little boy.
雪莉我认识这个小孩子
He was taken partly on my watch.
可以说他是在我眼皮底下被带走的
I have to do whatever I can do.
我会尽我的能力找他
I don't care about the risk.
我不在乎风险
The firm will have nothing
这间事务所
to do with this whatsoever.
和这件事没有任何关系
Understood.
明白了
From now on, I don't even want to know about it.
从现在开始,我不要听到任何关于它的事
You two are coming up for partner.
你们俩都要竞选合伙人了
There are two things that you
有两件事你们
should constantly be aware of.
必须要意识到的
Your actions reflect on Crane, Poole & Schmidt.
你们的行为将会影响到,Crane Poole & Schmidt事务所
What's the other thing?
另一件事是什么?
You're Schmidt.
你是施密特
Let me do the talking.
让我来问话
All of it. Why?
所有的提问,为什么?
Because you're Mannix?
因为你是Mannix?
Denise...
丹尼斯...
Garrett, what's the answer to
加勒特我要的答案呢?
my questions? The short one?
简短点说
Basically, if compliance with the law
主要地说,如果遵守法律
will result in a greater harm than breaking the law,
比违反法律造成的伤害更大
the defense of necessity justifies breaking the law.
紧急避险条款会证明违反法律是合法的,(紧急避险具体定义请查阅google)
I could kiss you.
我应该亲你一口
But I won't. Let's go.
但是我不会的,走吧
It's not only about being against
这不是要和你对着干
you. I'm doing this to help him.
我只是在帮他
First of all, you're a lawyer here.
首先,你是这里的律师
Well, if he waves the conflict..
好吧,如果他要避免冲突..
And secondly, you're a witness.
其次,你是一名证人
Denny, look...
丹尼,看
We're friends. Yes, we are.
我们是朋友,是的,我们是
And we're sleeping together!
而且我们在一起睡!
I'm guarding you against night
我帮你克服夜惊
terrors, and this is the payback I get?
而这就是你给我的回报?
Look, I... / No! I'm not gonna look.
听我说,我... 不!我不听
Denny...
丹尼...
Get out. Why are you being such a bully?
出去,为什么你变得那么霸道?
Your insurance company will undoubtedly pay.
你的保险公司毫无疑问会付钱的
That's not the point. You shot
这不是重点,你朝这人
the man with a gun between the eyes.
两眼之间开了一枪
You could've blinded him.
你很可能会弄瞎他
You perhaps could've killed
你可能会杀了他
him. He deserves to be compensated.
他有理由获得赔偿
Well, he's not gonna be.
噢,他不会得到的
You wanna take me to court?
你要让我上庭吗?
I certainly don't want to go to court
我当然不想闹上法庭
Denny, I looked at that man, an indigent,
丹尼我看着那个人,那个贫困潦倒的人
sitting across from a roomful of us.
坐在我们一大群人当中
Shirley, Paul, you, me...
雪莉、保罗,你,我...
the rich.
富人
You know, we've got 37 million people in
你知道,我们国家有3700万人民
this country living below the poverty line?
生活在贫困线之下
13% of the American population.
占美国人口总数的13%
They don't get education.
他们得不到教育
They don't get health insurance.
他们得不到健康保险
For god's sake, they don't even
看在上帝的份上,他们甚至
get rescued when they're dying.
在快死的时候得不到救助
I just, I feel compelled to help him.
我只是,我觉得我必须要帮助他
You must understand that.
你必须理解我
Helpg the poor? Yes.
帮助穷人?当然
Helping him get me? No.
帮助他对付我?绝不
You're in a lot of trouble, my friend.
你有大麻烦了,朋友
I spoke to your employer. He
我和你的雇主谈过了
informed me you speak English.
他告诉我你会说英语
So I'll regard these protests in a foreign language
因此,你这些外国语的表述
as your first attempt to deceive the federal government.
我将视之为你在尝试欺骗联邦政府
I have rights.
我有权利
6th amendment. Counsel.
宪法第六修正案,我要律师
A 4yearold child is missing. Your brother has him.
一个4岁的孩子失踪了,你的兄弟带走了他
I'd say that adds up to a bad
我会说这对于你的宪法权利来说
day for your constitutional rights.
可不是什么好日子
I don't know anything about...
我不知道任何...
Bad answer.
回答错误
You are gonna help me get this child back
你要不帮我找回那个孩子
or arms are gonna get broken, ligaments severed,
要不手臂会断掉,韧带会撕裂
electrical devices might
睾丸甚至会
even get attached to testicles.
遭到电击
And I don't mean mine!
我可不是说我的!
You know how I'm gonna get away with all this, Dominic?
你知道没有人会让我对此负责的,Dominic
Because a 4yearold child is missing!
因为一个4岁的孩子失踪了!
I don't know where my brother is.
我不知道我的兄弟在哪
Think harder.
再想想
I swear I don't know where he is.
我发誓我不知道他在哪里
Who does?
谁知道?
I don't know!
我不知道!
Now that response didn't
你这个回答
seem very considered, Dominic.
看起来没经过思考Dominic
That's disappointing.
真令我失望
Get out, Denise.
出去丹尼斯
Brad, I, uh... Get out, please. Now.
布拉德我,呃... 请出去,现在
Your time's up, Mr. Martini.
时间到了,Martini先生
He sees a priest! Excuse me?
他去见了一个牧师! 什么?
I know he goes to this priest.
我知道他去见了一个牧师
Maybe he knows something.
也许他知道什么
What's the name of this priest?
这个牧师叫什么名字?
Father Michael Ryan.
迈克尔?瑞安神父
St. Joseph's, north end.
圣约瑟夫大学北端
He can't break the confessional seal. He's a priest.
他不能违反忏悔保密协定,他是一个牧师
What about searching his office?
那我们搜查他的办公室?
Sometimes they keep records of confessions.
有时候他们会保留忏悔的记录
No judge anywhere will give us that warrant.
没有一个法官会给我们搜查令的
What?
什么?
What are you trying to not say now?
你不说话是什么意思?
Well, if you guys are willing to keep going,
好吧,如果你们真的想继续
back in our more aggressive days,
在过去的好日子里
we were known to use a phony warrant now and then.
我们时不时会使用假搜查令
We, of course, don't now.
当然,我们现在不那么做了
How the two of you manage to get one,
你们俩是怎么弄到一张的
I'll never know.
我不会知道
I don't know.
我没有主意
We've gone this far.
我们已经走到这一步了
Really?
真的?
Really?
真的?
Let's go.
我们走
Whatever.
什么都好
It's made the news.
这可是大新闻
It's out there that a senior
我们Crane Poole & Schmidt事务所
partner of Crane, Poole & Schmidt
的高级合伙人
assaulted a homeless man.
袭击了一个无家可归的人
You have nothing to say? You heard what I said.
你没有话要说? 我刚才说过了
Whatever.
什么都好
That's it?
就这样?
That's your response?
这就是你的回应?
You want a response? Watch it, like everybody else.
你要我的回应?看吧,像其他人一样
What do you mean, watch it like everyone else?
你说的"看吧,像其他人一样"是什么意思?
I'm going back on "Larry King" tonight.
今晚我要再次上"拉里?金"
What? You saw me the last time. I popped.
什么?上次你看过了,我很热门
First of all,
首先
the last time, you at least
上次,你起码是
victimized a despicable person.
针对一个卑鄙的小人
This time... Paul, the
保罗而这次...
people want to hear from me.
人们想要听我说话
Denny, this could be a disa...
丹尼这可能是一场灾...
TiVo me.
帮我录下来
We bark, Brad. No biting. Got it.
我们虚张声势布拉德,别硬来,知道了
Let's keep this under control.
让一切处于控制之下
May I help you? Good morning, sister.
我能帮你吗? 早上好,修女
I'm special agent Robb of the
我是FBI密探罗布
FBI. This is special agent Beadle.
这位是FBI密探比德尔
How are you today?
你今天好吗?
The FBI. Has already been here.
FBI已经来过了
Well, we're back. Where's Father Ryan?
我们又回来了,瑞安神父在哪?
I'm Father Ryan,
我就是瑞安神父
and I've said about all
对于此案
I'm gonna say on this matter.
我能说的已经说过了
Please, Father, a little boy's life is at stake.
神父,一个小孩的生命危在旦夕
As I explained to your other agents,
就像我和你们其他同事说的那样
if I had communications,
如果我和他有过联系
they would have occurred inside the confessional,
也是发生在忏悔当中
and I would unfortunely be prohibited by canon law
而很不幸,我受到教规的制约
from revealing the content of such communications.
不能够透露这种谈话的内容
Without revealing any specific exchanges, Father,
在不透露具体的内容情况下,神父
could you tell us if you've
你能否告诉我们
been in receipt of any information
你是否有关于这次绑架的
pertaining to this abduction?
任何证据?
I'm afraid I cannot.
恐怕我不能
We have a warrant, Father,
我们有搜查令,神父
authorizing us to search your office premises.
授权我们可以搜查你的办公室
Is this your office? You can't be serious.
这是你的办公室吗? 你不是说真的吧
Is this your office, Father?
这是你的办公室吗,神父?
Any records would also be
根据教规,任何记录
sealed, subject to canon law.
同样也是保密的
That you'd have to argue
关于这点你可以
before a district court judge.
在地区法官面前申辩
I can tell you that we are not subject to canon law,
我可以告诉你,我们不受教规制约
and we are authorized to conduct a search.
而且我们有权力进行搜查
You will make no such search.
你们不能够进行搜查
We have a warrant, Father. I don't care.
我们有搜查令,神父,我不管
I have documents pertaining to
我的文件关系到
privileged relationships with parishioners.
教区居民的隐私权
You're not going in there.
你们不能进去
Please step aside, father.
请让开,神父
We have a warrant authorizing us to search,
我们有搜查令授权我们进行搜查
and please do not make us arrest
请不要让我们以妨碍司法公正
you for obstruction of justice.
的罪名逮捕你
We need to search your office,
我们需要搜查你的办公室
Father, and we need to do it now, please.
神父,我们现在就要这么做
One second.
等等
What are you doing?
你这是干吗?
That door's worth a fortune.
这扇门很贵重
It was imported from Italy.
是从意大利进口的
Threaten to break it down.
你可以威胁把它打破
Please step aside, Father.
请让开,神父
Are you out of your minds?
你疯了吗?
I will give you to the count of
我数3下
three. If you do not unlock it...
如果你不打开它...
I'm calling the police.
我要报警了
Brad One.
布拉德. 一
You can't come crashing in here.
你不能闯进去
Two.

Brad! You wouldn't dare.
布拉德.你不敢这么做的
Three. Okay!
三,好了!
The axe was already in motion. The
那把斧头已经挥出去了
priest just stuck his hand in there.
那个牧师突然把手伸了出来
How many fingers?
多少只手指?
Three. We recovered two.
3只,我们找回了两只
The cat ran off with the third.
还有只被猫叼走了
It was an accident.
这是一场意外
I just wanted to make him think
我只是想要让他认为
that I was about to destroy the door.
我准备毁坏那扇门
It was my idea. He just stuck his hand out.
这是我的主意,他突然把手伸出来
We're not being arrested, if
我们不会被捕的
that's what your concern is.
如果你在担心这个
Well, that's one of my concerns.
这只是我担心的其中一样
That priest is going to be suing you and the firm
那牧师准备起诉你们和事务所
for a number with a lot of zeroes in it.
索取天文数字的赔偿
Surely that's occurred to you.
我很肯定你们会想到这点的
We might have caught a break there.
我们也许能阻止他
In the priest's office...
在牧师的办公室里...
What's this?
这是什么?
Papal blessings.
教宗降福纸
Excuse me?
什么?
The diocese sells papal blessings,
这个教区在兜售带有教皇签名的
complete with the pope's
教宗降福纸
signature to the tune of 30 bucks a pop.
30美元一张
These are counterfeit.
它们是赝品
The priest's got a printing press
我们在里面发现了印刷机
and a stack of these back there.
和一大叠这种东西
He's bootlegging papal blessings to
他私自兜售教宗降福纸
the tune of about six figures a year.
每年可以获得六位数的收益
We've got a rogue priest here.
我们抓到了一个硕鼠牧师
Denise, Brad, a second?
丹尼斯、布拉德打搅一下
We found the third finger.
我们找到了第三只手指
I've got it here on ice.
我把它放进冰袋了
Evidently, if we get it over to the hospital,
显然,如果我们把它送去医院
they can still reattach it.
还是可以接上的
I know it's a big favor to ask, but uh...
也许有点唐突,但是,呃...
would you deliver it?
你们能帮我送过去吗?
Excuse me?
什么?
We've been kind of busy.
我们有点忙
By the way...
随便说句...
it would be wrong for you to
如果你们去到牧师那里
stop by the priest's hospital room
用这只手指试图
and use the finger to try to
套取他的信息
extort information out of him.
那可是错误的行为
The FBI could never do that,
FBI绝对不会允许这样做的
and I would never ask the two of you to do it,
而我也从不会要求你们这样做
even though the priest likely
就算这个牧师很可能
knows something that could help us.
知道一些有用的消息
I can't look at it.
我不敢看它
Okay, it was just a thought that I never shared.
好吧,我只是随便说说的
Give me the finger.
把手指给我
It stays viable on ice for 18 hours max.
它最多可以在冰里维持18个小时
Again, I wouldn't want you
再一次,我没有要求你们
to do anything inappropriate.
做一些不合适的举动
Give me the finger.
把手指给我
This is the general release.
这是一份和解书
You'll need to sign there and initial there.
你需要在这里签名,在这里签上姓名的首字母
Okay.
好的
And initial here next to the confidentiality clause.
然后在保密条款旁边签上姓名的首字母
Okay.
好的
And that should do it.
很好,完成了
Here's the best part, your check.
接下来是最好的部分,你的支票
Oh, my god.
噢,上帝
$75,000.
7万5美元
Man, I ain't never seen this much money at once.
老兄,我从来没见过那么多钱
Mr. Kirk, I won't be so
Kirk先生,我不会自大到
arrogant as to give you a life lecture,
想为你的人生上一课
but however you came into your dire straits,
但是考虑到你目前的困境
I hope you use this money productively.
我希望你能够有效地利用这笔钱
Oh, don't you worry about that. Don't you worry.
噢,你不用担心,不用担心
Whoa, hold on, hold on, hold on.
喔,等等,等等
This check came from you.
这张支票是你开的
It's an accounting thing.
这只是会计方面的事情而已
But it's a personal check from you. Why?
但是这是一张来自你的私人支票,为什么?
It's really of no concern.
你实在不需要关心这个
I want to know why.
我想知道为什么
You deserve that settlement.
这是你应得的
I'm fortunate enough to be able to part with it.
这点钱对我来说不算什么
The truth is, I can afford to
事实是,比起钱来说
value other things more than money.
有些东西对我更重要
One such item being my friendship with Denny Crane.
其中之一就是我和克兰?丹尼的友情
Why'd you represent me if you knew...
如果是这样,为什么你要代表我...
I suppose I thought I could
我想也许我当时认为我能够
prioritize principle over that friendship,
将原则置于友情之上
but the reality is, I can't.
但是事实上,我不行
Which means you either accept this check from me,
这就意味着,你要么接受我这张支票
or you get yourself another lawyer.
要么你得另请律师了
Well...
那么...
Well, what?
那么什么?
You were trying to settle Denny's case. Well?
你在尝试解决丹尼的案子对吧?
It's under control.
都在控制之中
And Denny, how do we get him under control? Yours?
而丹尼,我们怎么让他处于控制之中? 你来?
I'll settle for anybody's.
我可以处理其他人的问题
Alan, the wagons are beginning to circle.
艾伦事态在持续发展中
He shoots a client in the knee.
他朝一个委托人的膝盖开枪
He celebrates it on the "Larry
然后在"拉里?金”里
King" show before a live audience.
当着观众的面大肆庆祝
He then shoots a homeless man with a paintball gun
然后他用彩弹打一个无家可归的人
and plans to reprise his
接着准备再次
role on "Larry King." What?
上"拉里?金"胡闹,什么?
Yes. He's been invited back.
是的,他又被邀请了
And why wouldn't he be? He got a seven share.
为什么不呢?他可是占有7%的股份
But the point is, this firm
但是重点是
isn't just Shirley and me.
这间事务所并不只是雪莉和我说了算
The other partners are getting fed up.
其他合伙人已经开始厌烦了
One more embarrassment, god
再来一次这种局面的话
knows what he'll say next.
天知道他会说什么
I'll take it.
我来处理吧
Why are you shooting Jane Fonda?
你干吗射简?方达? (简?方达,美国著名演员,反战激进分子)
Because I can't shoot you. You're my friend.
因为我不能射你,你是我的朋友
And friends don't hurt each other.
而朋友之间不会互相伤害的
Denny...
丹尼...
Jane and I used to... you know.
我和简曾经...,你知道我说什么
You and Jane Fonda?
你和简?方达?
Lest we forget "Barbarella"?
“太空英雌芭芭丽娜”记得吧? ("Barbarella" 简?方达主演的一部科幻电影)
Then she turned on me, went red.
然后她就和我一起了,变成红色,(美国政治分为红蓝两阵营,丹尼属于红色阵营)
(communist witch hunts They caught her in one of
他们在一场共产主义婊子迫害中,是美国麦卡锡时代的政治迫害活动)
those communist bitch hunts.
把她抓起来了, (这里丹尼把witch,换成bitch来讽刺简?方达)
I think you mean witch hunts.
我想你指的是政治迫害,(witch hunt来源于巫术法案,详情请看本季第六集的注释)
No. I'm right on this one.
不,我说的没错
Take that, Hanoi Jane!
死吧,Hanoi 简! (至于为什么叫她Hanoi 简,请查阅维基百科,太长了)
Why are you going on "Larry King"?
你为什么又上"拉里?金"?
Because the American public
因为美国公众
wants to hear from me. No.
想要听我说话,不是
They want to be entertained by shock and drivel.
他们只是想让你娱乐他们而已
That's why that show is so happy to exploit you.
这就是这个节目那么喜欢你的原因
There's only so much embarrassment the
而对于事务所的合伙人来说
partners at this firm will stand for, Denny.
就只有难堪而已,丹尼
What are they gonna do, get rid
那他们要怎么做,除掉我?
of me? I'm the star of the show.
我可是节目中的明星
Even so, don't go on that program.
即便如此,别上那个节目了
Since when do you care whether
从什么时候开始你会关心
this firm is embarrassed or not?
这间事务所是否难堪了?
I don't. I care about you.
我不,我只是关心你
You've been a gigantic ass about all this.
你所作的这一切已经让你成为一个狂妄自大的人
And if you're determined to be
如果你想要继续荒唐下去
absurd, at least have the common sense,
起码不要在大庭广众之下
if not the decency, to keep it to yourself.
那样就算不得体,起码还符合常理
Contrary to what you and
事实上与你和世界上其他人
the rest of the world think,
所想的恰好相反
I know exactly what I'm doing.
我很清楚自己在干什么
Indeed.
确实
I'm sorry, no visitors. Just...
很抱歉,不能探访,只是...
FBI
FBI.
Out.
出去吧
First of all, I'd like to say that, uh...
首先,我想说,呃...
I'm glad to see you're doing okay.
我很高兴你没什么大碍
And secondly, I deeply apologize...
其次,我非常抱歉...
Why don't you save your apologies for the trial?
把你的道歉留到庭上说吧
Father Ryan...
瑞安神父...
we've discovered the counterfeit papal blessings
我们发现了伪造的教宗祝福纸
and the printing press in your office.
还有你办公室的印刷机
Your days as a priest are
如果这个消息公布出去
over should this become public.
你作为牧师的日子就到头了
Joe Martini previously
马蒂尼?乔曾经
kidnapped and killed a 5yearold child.
绑架并杀害了一名5岁的孩子
We know that this man regularly
我们知道这个人最近
comes to you to seek absolution.
向你寻求主的豁免
He probably confessed his prior crime to you.
他也许有向你提过他之前的罪行
Now he's taken another child.
现在他绑架了另一名孩子
Maybe you know. Maybe you don't.
也许你知道,也许你不知道
But this kid...
但是这个孩子...
this kid could still be alive.
这个孩子可能还活着
I don't care about the
我不关心什么
confessional seal or canon law.
保密协定或者教规
I want this boy.
我要这个男孩
And if you care at all about this
而如果你在乎这个孩子的一切
child or your future as a priest,
又或者你作为牧师的前途
you will help us.
你应该帮助我们
Screw you.
去死
I know the clergy likes to speak hypothetically.
我知道神职人员都喜欢说假设的话
So if there was a child out
那么假设如果有一个孩子
there in a kidnapper's hands
落到一个绑架犯的手里
and something were to come into your
而你手上刚好有一些
possession that didn't rightly belong to you,
不属于你的东西
but you could use it to help save the child...
但是你可以用它来帮助拯救那个孩子...
Would you use it?
你会用吗?
There's a 3room house in Revere beach.
在Revere海滩有一栋3室的房子
Tiny. He keeps it under an alias, Miguel Rivera.
很小的房子,房主米格尔?里韦拉是他的化名
That's all I know, I swear.
这就是我所知道的一切,我发誓
Now give me back my finger.
把手指给回我
3729. Yeah, got it.
3729好的,知道了
Jump squad's on its way.
营救小队已经上路了
Ask them if I can suit up. You cannot suit up.
问他们我能不能参加,你不能参加
I have paramilitary training, Denise.
我受过准军事训练的丹尼斯
Are you kidding?
你在开玩笑?
The liability alone.
别大包大揽了
You've done enough as Mannix.
你扮曼尼克斯还扮不够吗
Yeah, I'm still here. Okay.
是的,我在听,好的
We'd better get there before them.
我们最好在他们之前赶到
They told us to wait.
他叫我们等着
Don't even think about it.
想都别想
Gracie Jane
格雷西?简.
Denny Crane Gracie Jane
丹尼?克兰 格雷西?简.
Are you making fun of me?
你在取笑我?
No, sugar, I'm guesthosting the show tonight.
不,甜心,我是今晚的客串主持
Oh. Where's Larry?
噢,拉里去哪了?
He's out sick.
他病了
But I came to talk to Larry.
但是我是来和拉里谈的
Don't worry. I'll be gentle.
别紧张,我会很友好的
Find me a glass.
给我来杯水
So you're a hijacker.
所以你是强盗
No. I shot the man in the
不,我只是用彩弹
forehead with a paintball gun.
射他的额头
And the week before that, an indigent in the knees.
在此之前一个星期,你射了一个穷人的膝盖
A child rapist scum.
一个恋童强奸人渣
Is that your excuse, hijacker?
这就是你的借口,强盗?
Would you stop calling me that? Where's Larry?
你能不能不要这样叫我? 拉里在哪?
I call you that because it is
我这样叫你是因为
highpriced attorneys like you
像你这样的高价律师
who are hijacking our legal system.
正在侵犯我们的法律体系
You can read it in my book "Hijacked."
你们可以在我的书"被劫持"里读到
Can we talk about the issues?
我们能就事论事吗?
Sure, hijacker.
当然,强盗
It's people like you who are ruining our country.
像你这样的人正在毁灭我们的国家
I'm not ruining the country!
我才没有毁灭国家!
Poor people are ruining the country.
是那些穷人
You sit there in your
你坐在这里
$2,000 suit blaming poor people?
穿着2千美元的西装批评穷人?
Our father, who art in heaven...
仁慈的天父...
Answer the question.
回答这个问题
The poor people have plunged this country into debt,
穷人们使这个国家陷入债务之中
so much so that there are liberals in Washington
就像华盛顿的那帮自由党人一样
who want to take away my tax cuts, your tax cuts.
他们要从我这,从你那夺走了减税政策
We've worked hard for those tax cuts.
我们那么辛苦争取回来的减税政策
And we're supposed to give them up for what?
而我们要为他们做什么?
For, uh, medicaid?
医疗补助?
Education? Teach them how to read?
教育?教他们识字?
Hell, if they could read, they wouldn't be poor.
如果他们会认字,他们就不会是穷人了
If Larry were here, he'd get
如果拉里在这儿,他就知道
this. But you take Katrina.
但是你只会谈卡特里娜,(卡特里娜飓风,05年袭击美国多个州)
The poor people have cost this
那些穷人已经
country billions and billions!
让这个国家付出了百亿的钱!
In what way? Well, the rich got out.
用什么方式? 把有钱人赶跑
The damn poor just hung around.
那些该死的穷人就可以到处乱窜
For what? To watch. Now we have to pay for it.
为了什么?看好戏,而我们就要付出代价了
Maybe they couldn't get out.
也许他们没有能力
Maybe they thought that the
也许他们认为
federal government might rescue them,
联邦政府会救助他们
or failing that, give a damn.
或者毫无所谓
How stupid is that?
那有多愚蠢啊?
Now what I committed here was
而我在这里所做的是
an act of civil disobedience.
一种公民的反抗行为
I shot the guy in the head as a wakeup call.
我朝那人的头开枪是为了给他一个警醒
We have got to motivate the
我们必须促使
lazy slobs in this country
这个国家的懒汉
to get off their fat, lazy asses and go to work!
抬起他们又肥又懒的屁股去工作!
Let's get America back on track.
让美国回到正常的轨道上去
FBI!
FBI!
Who's Gracie Jane?
谁是格雷西?简?
I don't want to talk about it
我不想说这个
Everybody thought I was being facetious.
每个人都认为我被愚弄了
They thought it was inspired satire.
他们认为那是灵感一动的讽刺
Just can't win.
你能怎么样
They got the child back. So I heard.
他们救回了孩子,我听说了
Good day.
美好的一天
Yes.
是的
As for our case, I made it go away.
至于我们的案子,我解决了
You're completely off the hook.
你完全脱身了
That was your plan the whole time.
这是你事先计划好的对吧
Get in good with him, talk him out of it.
向他示好,然后把他解决
The old Trojan horse.
特洛伊木马,(源于希腊神话《木马屠城记》)
What did you tell him? None of your business.
你和他说了什么? 和你无关
I wish you had let me in on the game.
我真希望你让我加入你这个游戏
I can act, you know. I won an Emmy.
我很会演戏,你知道,我赢过艾美奖,(威廉?夏特纳凭借丹尼这个角色得过艾美奖)
Just the same.
什么都好
What's this?
这是什么?
A check for $75,000.
7万5美元的支票
It's for you, not for him.
这是给你的,不是给他的
I pay my own way.
我有自己的赔偿方式
How did you know? Here's a little secret.
你怎么知道的?这是个小秘密
I know things.
我无所不知
Don't tell.
只是不说出来
That secret seems unbelievably safe.
这个秘密看来难以置信地可靠
Denny, when we were coming out of
丹尼当我们那一天
the subway station the other day
从地铁站走出来
and Randall asked us for change,
兰德尔向我们讨要零钱时
did you hear him or even notice he was there
在他用石头丢你的脑袋前
before he hit you in the head with a rock?
你有没听见或者至少注意到他的存在?
Did you? No.
你有吗? 没有
You like poor people, don't you?
你喜欢穷人,是不?
That comment you made about...
你说的那些话...
We don't even save them when they're dying.
我们在他们濒死的时候甚至不救他们
You don't think we let people die in New Orleans
你不会真的认为我们因为他们是穷人
because they were poor, do you?
就任由他们死在新奥尔良吧? (05年新奥尔良遭受飓风卡特里娜袭击,损失惨重)
Don't be silly.
别傻了
You do think that.
你确实是那么想的
He threw a rock, Denny.
他丢了一个石头Denny
He'd had enough of being ignored and neglected.
他已经受够了被无视和被忽略
He rose up and threw a rock at some rich guy.
他起来反抗并且向有钱人丢了一块石头
37 million, Denny.
他们有3700万,丹尼
You ever wonder what would
你是否有想过如果他们
happen if they all decided to rise up?
都决定要起来反抗,会发生什么事?
Are we still talking about hurricanes?
我们是在谈论飓风吗?
That hurricane was as much a
这场飓风不仅是一场自然灾难
social disaster as a natural one.
同时也是一场社会灾难
And the next hurricane to hit could
而下一场飓风很可能就会
very well be in the form of anarchy.
以无政府状态的形式出现
One week, it's clowns. Next week, it's anarchy.
前一个星期是小丑,后一个星期是无政府
What do we do for fun?
有没好玩一点的东西?
This. Sleeping my place tonight?
这个,今晚在我那睡?
I haven't decided yet.
我还没决定呢
Let's see how the night goes.
让我们看看今晚过得怎样

分享到
重点单词
  • deceivevt. 欺骗 vi. 行骗
  • liabilityn. 责任,可能性,债务,不利因素,倾向
  • legaladj. 法律的,合法的,法定的
  • encouragevt. 鼓励,促进,支持
  • criminaladj. 犯罪的,刑事的,违法的 n. 罪犯
  • counseln. 商议,忠告,法律顾问 v. 商议,劝告
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • commentn. 注释,评论; 闲话 v. 注释,评论
  • satiren. 讽刺文,讽刺
  • committedadj. 献身于某种事业的,委托的