少年斯派维的奇异旅行(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第7期:斯宾塞贝尔德奖
日期:2016-11-04 15:33

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

Look Mr.Spivet, your invention has won our prestigious Baird Award.
听我说,斯比维特先生 您的发明获得了我们著名的贝尔德奖
Spencer Baird Award?
斯宾塞贝尔德奖?
Indeed. Our one hundred and fiftyth anniversary gala is in a week's time and this would be perfect oppurtunity for you to You know Make your acceptance speech.
正是 下星期正好是我们的一百五十周年庆典 如果您能来,这可是个完美的时机...给我们做个获奖致辞
Of course, we would provide you with a sign language interpreter.
当然我们也会给您提供手语翻译
But ... I'll be in class. I go back to school on Monday.
但...我得去上课 下周一就开学了
You must teach at the University of Montana?
想必您是在蒙大拿大学执教?
A quick phone call to your president, Jack Campbell, and it will be taken care of.
我给杰克·坎贝尔校长打个电话 一切都可以打点好
I mean, We are talking about the Baird Award after all.
毕竟我们说的是贝尔德奖
Hello? Hello?
喂? 喂?
I was just thinking. I can't come out to receive the Baird award. I have too much work to finish. Thanks anyway. Have a good day.
我在想 我不能来领奖了 我还有很多事情要做 还是谢谢您 祝一天愉快
What are you doing?
你在做什么?
What do you think I am doing?
你觉得呢?
You are going to mess up my dataset.
你都要把我的数据毁了
You're in there for like fifteen hours. Who was that?
你都进去半天了 谁来的电话?
A journalist ... From New York. Wants me to go there for an interview about my work.
是个记者...纽约来的...想要我过去给他们做个采访

重点讲解

mess sth up使不整洁;弄脏;弄乱:
I don't want you messing up my nice clean kitchen.
我不想让你弄脏我这整洁的厨房。

interview (with sb)(常指公开的)记者采访,访谈:
a television / radio / newspaper interview
电视/电台/报纸采访
an interview with the new Governor
对新任州长的访问

acceptance 接受(礼物、邀请、建议等):
Please confirm your acceptance of this offer in writing.
请书面确认你接受这项建议。
He made a short acceptance speech / speech of acceptance.
他作了简短演说,表示感谢。

prestigious 有威望的;声誉高的:
a prestigious award
赫赫有名的奖项
a prestigious university
名牌大学


take care of 负责;处理:
Don't worry about the travel arrangements. They're all being taken care of.
别担心旅行安排,一切都会有人照管的。

视频及简介
讲述了一位美国少年因获得世界科学大奖被邀请到华盛顿演讲,独自穿越美国的故事。


分享到