看电影《姐姐的守护者》学英语第15期:一个称职的律师
日期:2013-12-23 17:58

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

GLORIA: Your 1 1: OO appointment is here.
你十一点约的人来了
l don't have an 1 1: OO. GLORIA: Wait. you can't go in there.
我没约人 - 等等,你不能进来
Mr. Alexander l'm Sara Fitzgerald. Anna's mother.
Alexander先生,我是Sara Fitzgerald,Anna的妈妈
Get your hands off me.
把你的手拿开
lt's okay. Gloria. - Are you sure? l don't mind calling security.
好了,Gloria 您确定吗?我不介意叫保安
CAMPBELL: No. no. Thank you.
不,不,多谢
What can l do for you. Mrs. Fitzgerald?
我能为你做什么,Fitzgerald夫人?
The legal age for emancipation of a minor is 14 in the state of California.
加利福尼亚州未成年人脱离监护的法定年龄是十四岁
lt's the law. you might want to check it. Anna's 1 1. you're three years early.
这是条文,你可以自己看一下 Anna十一岁,你早了三年
l'm aware. she's challenging. - She can't.
我很清楚,她面临挑战 - 她不能
She's too young to stand. - l'm filing for her as guardian ad litem.
她现在过于年轻 - 我正在申请成为她的诉讼监护人
As what? A family independence agency?
什么样的,一个独立的家庭代理?
l have 1 5 years as a volunteer member of the ACLU...
我已经为美国公民自由协会义务工作了十五年
in addition to which l have this power of attorney signed by your daughter.
而且我还有由你女儿签字认证过的授权书
This will never hold up. It's not even legal.
这不可能成立,这甚至都不合法
Anna doesn't want to do it anymore. And 1 1 years old or not. she has rights.
Anna不愿意接着做了,不管她是不是十一岁,她都有权利
And so long as she wants to move forward. l am going to help her.
只要她愿意继续,我都会帮她
Why? What's your interest? This isn't a case for you.
为什么,你感兴趣的是什么?这与你无关
There's no money. - What's my interest?
你赚不到钱 - 我感兴趣的东西?
Eight hospitalizations in 1 1 years...
十一年里8次治疗
six catheterizations. two bone-marrow aspirations...
六次导管插入术,两次骨髓移植
two stem-cell purges. - She was helping her sister.
两次干细胞清洗 - 她在帮她姐姐
Not to mention the side effects. including bleeding. infections. bruising.
即使不提诸如出血,感染,挫伤
Filgrastim shots. Those are growth hormones. am l correct?
赛强过敏之类的副作用 这是生长激素,对吧?
Something like that. - Drugs for nausea. opiates for pain...
差不多吧 - 呕吐药,止痛片
Ambien for sleep. Not exactly the proper medication for a preteen.
唑吡坦(安眠药),这些可不是十一岁孩子该用的药
Every procedure had its risks and complications.
每个步骤都有风险和并发症
Anna understood that. she was okay with it.
Anna知道,她也赞同
Really? - Yeah.
是吗? - 是的
At 5 years old.
五岁的时候
Oh. my God. you're good. You're really good.
哦,老天啊,你很不错,相当优秀
You know. l've seen your commercials. right? l mean. who hasn't?
你知道,我看过你的广告,是吧,谁没有呢?
l always thought you were some headline-seeking hack...
我一直以为你是一个只会制造噱头的无能之辈
but you have real talent.
但是你是个真正的人才
You almost had me believing that you cared about Anna.
你差不多让我相信你关心Anna
Funny. l was about to say the same thing to you.
稀奇啊,我正准备对你说这话呢
Mrs. Fitzgerald. did you ever say to yourself:
Fitzgerald夫人,你是否扪心自问过
'Maybe l'm wrong. maybe l took it a little too far?'
或许我错了,或许我陷的太深了?
l'll see you in court.
法庭上见


妙语佳句

1.file for
申请
In the US, the first step is to file for Chapter 11.
在美国,第一步是根据《破产法》第11章申请破产保护。

2.not to mention
更不必说;不必提及
Not to mention, computer and Internet.
更不用说电脑和互联网了。

剧情百科

莎拉终于忍不住来到律师事务所跟亚历山大理论,为什么亚历山大偏偏要管这种事情,而且是没有钱赚的……

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper words

1.To be successful you have to be selfish,______ ______ you never achieve.
要取得成功,你不得不去自私,否则,你永远都不会成功。

2.Nothing hath separated us from God but our own will, ______ ______ our own will is our separation from God.
没人能把我们和上帝分开,除非我们自己。 或更确切地说,是我们自己远离了上帝。

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.The flight was postponed on account of bad weather.
因为天气恶劣, 飞行延期了。

2.You should have no anxiety on all accounts.
无论如何,你不应该焦虑。

分享到
重点单词
  • minoradj. 较小的,较少的,次要的 n. 未成年人,辅修科
  • proceduren. 程序,手续,步骤; 常规的做法
  • anxietyn. 焦虑,担心,渴望
  • challengingadj. 大胆的(复杂的,有前途的,挑战的) n. 复杂
  • separatedadj. 分居;分开的;不在一起生活的 v. 分开;隔开
  • flightn. 飞行,航班 n. 奇思妙想,一段楼梯 n.
  • attorneyn. (辩护)律师
  • achievev. 完成,达到,实现
  • securityn. 安全,防护措施,保证,抵押,债券,证券
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案