看电影《足球尤物》学英语第5期:塞巴斯蒂安
日期:2013-11-15 12:40

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Hey, Sebastian. - Hey.
嘿,塞巴斯蒂安 嘿
Monique was looking for you
摩妮琪刚找你.
Why do you even date her, anyway?
你为什么会找上她做女友
She’s hot. It’s a guy thing.
她够辣!你不懂男人
But she’s so awful.
但她真讨人厌
Hey, you know, you could use the front door.
喂,你知道你可以用前门
And Mom can’t see me
不能让老妈看到我
She thinks I’m staying at Dad’s. Dad thinks I’m at Mom’s.
她以为我住老爸那里 老爸以为我住这里
In two days they both think I’m going away to school.
再过几天,他们都以为我去学校了
That is the beauty of divorce. - Where are you going?
这就是离婚的好处 - 你要去哪儿?
London for a couple of weeks.
去伦敦几个礼拜
As in London, England?
你指英格兰的伦敦?
Yeah, my band got a slot in a music festival there.
是啊,我们乐队在音乐节里争取到一个位子
OK, what are you gonna do about school?
那学校怎么办?
Yeah, I was kind of hoping you could help me with that.
没错,我也在想让你帮帮我
Could you just, like, pretend to be Mom, call Illyria, tell them I’m sick?
你能不能假扮成老妈 给伊利里亚打电话说我病了
Something that sounds like it would last for two weeks, like mad cow.
编个能让我躺2个礼拜的病 比如像疯牛病
Sebastian, you just got kicked out of Cornwall for skipping.
塞巴斯蒂安 你才因为旷课被康沃尔踢出来
This is not exactly the way you want to start out.
你不要一开学又旷!
Last time I heard, they don’t need to know trigonometry.
上一次我听到的是 他们不想知道什么三角琴
Besides, if you want to chase your dreams,
再说,如果你要追求梦想
sometimes you gotta break the rules, right?
有时候就得打破成规,知道吗?
You know the percentage of bands that make it to the big time?
你知道乐队成名的机会有多少?
Probably the same as female soccer players.
大概和女足球队员的机率差不多
I will see you in two weeks.
我们两周后见


妙语佳句

1.pretend to
假装;自称有
If you pretend to know what you don't know, you'll only make a fool of yourself.
不懂装懂就会闹笑话。

2.sounds like
听起来像;声音像
Yes, it sounds like a ridiculous question.
是的,这听起来像一个荒谬的问题。

剧情百科

薇欧拉有一个叛逆的弟弟——塞巴斯蒂安,塞巴斯蒂安说要追求梦想就必须打破常规,接着,他就越过窗口,追逐自己的梦想去了,留下薇欧拉若有所思……

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper words

1.He may ______ ______ under all this pressure.
在这么大的压力下他可能会崩溃。

2.That incident will surely ______ ______ a crisis.
那个事件肯定会导致一场危机。

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.So grow, and grow, and grow until you break through a barrier.
因此,成长吧,成长吧,成长吧,直到你突破一个瓶颈

2.However, you can make your systems and data impervious enough that hackers won't even bother trying to break in.
不过,您可以密封您的系统和数据,不让黑客干扰和非法闯入。

分享到
重点单词
  • imperviousadj. 不能渗透的,不为所动的
  • slotn. 槽,狭缝,时间段,职位 vt. 留细长的孔,插入,
  • pretendv. 假装,装作 adj. 假装的
  • botherv. 使恼怒,使不安,烦扰,费心 n. 烦扰,麻烦,焦急
  • ridiculousadj. 荒谬的,可笑的
  • pressuren. 压力,压强,压迫 v. 施压
  • incidentn. 事件,事变,插曲 adj. 难免的,附带的
  • bandn. 带,箍,波段 n. 队,一群,乐队 v. 绑扎 v
  • chasen. 追求,狩猎,争取 vt. 追捕,狩猎 vt. 雕刻
  • barriern. 界线,屏障,栅栏,障碍物