看电影《足球尤物》学英语第3期:谁说女子不如男
日期:2013-11-12 06:05

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Hey, baby. - Hey.
嗨,宝贝 - 嘿
What’s going on, coach?
怎么了,教练?
The girls here want to try out for the team.
这几位姑娘想考验我们队
You’re not serious. - All right, all right!
你说笑吧 - 好了,好了! -
You’re all excellent players.
你们都是出色的球员
But girls aren’t as fast as boys. - Right.
但女生没男生快 - 是啊
What? - Or as strong. Or as athletic.
什么?也不够强壮,或者敏捷
This is not me talking. It’s a scientific fact.
这不是我在胡说,有科学依据的
Girls can’t beat boys. It’s as simple as that.
女生踢不过男生,这是事实
OK. Justin, you’re the team captain. What do you think about it?
那好,贾斯丁,你是队长 你怎么想?
I think the coach said it all.
教练说了算
Yesterday you told me that I was better than half the guys on your team.
昨天你说我比你们一半的人要好
What?
什么?
I never said that.
我从没说过
What are you talking about? Why are you lying?!
你胡说什么呢? 你为什么要撒谎?
Viola! End of discussion.
维奥拉!讨论结束
Yeah, tell her, man.
对,告诉她,伙计
Fine. End of relationship.
那好,我们也结束了
Come on, let’s go. - Baby, don’t be like that. I...
好了,我们走 - 宝贝,别这样。我……
I just don’t want to see you get hurt.
我只是不想见你受伤害
You are so full of... Back to practice.
你真会扯…回去训练


妙语佳句

1.try out
试验;提炼;考验
Try out the demo software to get an idea of how it works.
你可以尝试一下该软件的试用版本来了解它如何工作。

2.as simple as
和……一样简单
The problem is by no means as simple as we first thought.
问题决不像我们当初想象的那么单纯。

剧情百科

“女孩子不如男孩子踢得好”,听到教练这么说,薇欧拉马上让身为足球队长的男朋友贾斯丁说几句公道话,但没想到贾斯丁是个满口谎言的骗子……

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper words

1.______ ______ ______ ______ appearing irreparably nostalgic, let me answer with a qualified yes.
冒着显得怀旧得不可救药的危险,让我用一个限定的“是”来回答这个问题。

2.They tried to bring pressure to ______ ______ me.
他们试图对我施加压力。

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.I find him in the garden, dreaming away as usual.
我发现他又像往常一样,在花园里失了神。

2.I was at a loss when I first entered the classroom with these students.
我第一次走进这些学生所在的教室的时候,深感茫然。

分享到
重点单词
  • nostalgicadj. 怀旧的,乡愁的
  • coachn. 大巴,教练;(火车)客车车厢,四轮马车,经济舱 v
  • violan. 中提琴 n. [植]堇菜
  • qualifiedadj. 有资格的,有限制的
  • beatv. 打败,战胜,打,敲打,跳动 n. 敲打,拍子,心跳
  • athleticadj. 运动的,活跃的,健壮的
  • pressuren. 压力,压强,压迫 v. 施压