电影《美国颂歌》第23期:这大概是暴力
日期:2013-08-07 19:26

(单词翻译:单击)

视听原文

- War is not the answer. - (Patton) You wimpy little bastard!
- 战争不是答案 - 你这个软蛋
You're givin' this Nazi everything and gettin' nothin' in return!
你把一切都给了纳粹 而什么也没有换回来
Not nothing. We get peace.
我们至少换回来了和平
Kumbaya, my lord Kumbaya, my lord
我的主人
Kumbaya - And a damn fine cup of tea. - Kumbaya
- 大爷,喝杯茶
Und we'll name a concentration camp after you.
我们会以你的名字命名一座集中营
Think of it... Camp Auschwitz Chamberlain.
想想看,Auschwitz Chamberlain集中营
Lovely.
太好了
Hang on. I'm good at this.
等等,我对这个很擅长的
Mr. Herr President,
总统先生
obviously America's done something wrong to make you
显然美国对你们做了一些错事
want to invade these countries and kill innocent people.
以致你想侵略邻国并滥杀无辜
- I'm just as frustrated as you. - Excuse me, Fuhrer...
- 我也和你一样无奈 - 打扰一下
- ? You're a grand old flag... - May I have a word? - ∮You're a grand old flag...
- 我能和你说几句不?
Hang on. America keeps doing things to piss off the rest of the world.
等等,美国一直在做惹怒全世界的事情
We bring it on ourselves.
这是我们自找的
What do we do to address your understandable grievances?
我们怎样做 才能缓解你们的无可理喻的伤悲呢?
How about carbon emission credits?
一些二氧化碳排放配额怎么样?
That'll offset your need to invade France...
这样你就用不着侵略法国了
(Soldiers) I don't know, but I been told,
Aah! 虽然我不懂,但我被告知
kill some Jews and take their gold.
杀些犹太人,抢光其珠宝
Third floor. Right. Sorry.
三层楼,抱歉
They really should add flying to the things we can do.
他们确该给我们可做的事情添些选项
My point is talking to evil dictators gets you nothing.
我想说的是和邪恶独裁者谈判 对我们没有任何好处
You know one thing they understand?
你知道他们唯一理解的一件事吗?
I'm guessing some sort of physical violence.
大概是暴力吧
- Strength. That's the only thing. - Right. I'll remember that.
- 力量,那才是唯一的一件事 - 哦,我记住了
Well, I'd kill to do a feature. Now, can we please just go home?
我宁可去死也想拍一部正剧 我们可以回去了吗?
Sure thing. Right home. Cigar?
好,马上 雪茄?
And support the imperialist big business tobacco lobby? Never.
支持那些帝国主义大烟草公司吗? 门都没有!
重点讲解

重点单词:
1、wimpy
adj. 懦弱的;无用的
This portrays her as wimpy, but she has a very strong character.
这里把她描绘得很懦弱,实际上她性格十分坚强。
2、bastard
adj. 私生的
n. 私生子
'You bastard!' he remembered her screaming out.
你这个杂种!” 他记得她尖叫道。
3、innocent '
adj. 无辜的;无罪的;无知的
n. 天真的人;笨蛋
He was sure that the man was innocent of any crime.
他确信此人是清白无罪的。
重点短语:
1、in return
adv. 作为报答
That means not to expect anything in return!

这并不意味着期待一切待到回报!
2、be good at
擅长做…
Heck, you can’t be good at everything.
因为你不可能把所有事都做得很好。
3、piss off
立即走开;使…讨厌
It pisses me off when they start moaning about going to war.
当他们开始抱怨起参战的时候,我很恼火。
考考你(翻译):
1、即使是对于像我这样懦弱的七岁小姑娘来说,这种游戏也最终成为了一笔财富。
2、他们看上去如此少不更事。
3、他是出自爱心,并不指望得到任何回报。
答案下期公布:
上期答案:

1、I confide absolutely in his honesty.
2、A specialist has now pronounced him fully fit.
3、The party is trying to give the impression that it alone stands for democracy.

分享到
重点单词
  • impressionn. 印象,效果
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • invadevt. 侵略,侵害,拥入
  • concentrationn. 集中,专心,浓度
  • confidev. 吐露,信托,信赖
  • pronouncedadj. 显著的,断然的,明确的 pronounce的过
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • flagn. 旗,旗帜,信号旗 vt. (以旗子)标出 v. 无
  • addressn. 住址,致词,讲话,谈吐,(处理问题的)技巧 vt.
  • democracyn. 民主,民主制,民主国家