听电影学英语:肖申克的救赎01
日期:2011-08-17 16:30

(单词翻译:单击)

Mr. Dufresne, describe
杜弗伦先生 请你描述
the confrontation you had with your wife the night she was murdered.
命案当晚和妻子争吵的情形
It was very bitter.
我们吵的很凶
She said she was glad I knew,that she hated all the sneaking around.
她说不怕我知道,她讨厌偷偷摸摸
And she said that she wanted a divorce in Reno.
她还说 想去雷诺市办离婚
What was your response?
你怎样回答?
I told her I would not grant one.
我拒绝离婚
"I'll see you in hell before I see you in Reno."
"你别想活着去雷诺市"
Those were your words, according to your neighbors.
邻居作证你说过这句话
If they say so.
也许吧
I really don't remember. I was upset.
我气炸了 记不清楚
What happened after you argued with your wife?
你们吵完以后呢?
She packed a bag.
她收拾行李
She packed a bag to go and stay with Mr. Quentin.
她收拾行李去跟昆丁先生住一起
Glenn Quentin, golf pro at the Snowden Hills Country Club
葛兰·昆丁 乡村俱乐部的高球教练
whom you had discovered was your wife's lover.
你最近才发现 他是你太太的情夫
Did you follow her?
你跟踪她吗?
I went to a few bars first.
我先去酒吧买醉
Later, I drove to his house to confront them. They weren't home.
然后去他家 但没人在
I parked in the turnout
我停了车
and waited.
等他们
With what intention?
用意何在?
I'm not sure.
我不确定
drunk.
糊里糊涂
mostly I wanted to scare them.
最多只是吓吓他们
I think
我想
When they arrived, you went up to the house and murdered them.
结果他们一回来 你就冲进屋杀了他们
No, I was sobering up.
不 我逐渐酒醒
I got back in the car and I drove home to sleep it off.
开车回家睡觉
Along the way, I threw my gun into the Royal River.
路中 把枪丢入皇家河
I've been very clear on this point.
我已讲的很清楚
I get hazy where the cleaning woman shows up the following morning
但清洁妇隔天早晨上工时
and finds your wife in bed with her lover
发现床上的双尸
riddled with.38-caliber bullets.
身上满是三八的弹孔
Does that strike you as a fantastic coincidence, or is it just me?
你不觉得这很巧吗? 还是只有我这么想?
Yes, it does.
是 很巧
Yet you still maintain you threw your gun into the river
但你仍声称早在案发之前
before the murders took place.
就已丢弃了枪
That's very convenient.
这种说法很省事
It's the truth.
这是实话
The police dragged that river for three days, and nary a gun was found
警方打捞三天都没找到
so no comparison could be made
这样就无法比对
between your gun and the bullets
你的手枪和
taken from the bloodstained corpses of the victims.
受害者尸体上的弹痕
And that also
所以呢
is very convenient. Isn't it, Mr. Dufresne?
这样很省事,不是吗,杜弗伦先生?
Since I am innocent of this crime
我是清白的
I find it decidedly inconvenient that the gun was never found.
所以找不到枪反而很费事
分享到
重点单词
  • convenientadj. 方便的,便利的
  • coincidencen. 巧合,同时发生
  • describevt. 描述,画(尤指几何图形),说成
  • comparisonn. 比较
  • grantn. 授予物,补助金; 同意,给予 n. 财产转让 vt
  • fantasticadj. 极好的,难以置信的,奇异的,幻想的
  • responsen. 回答,响应,反应,答复 n. [宗]答复语,
  • innocentadj. 清白的,无辜的,无害的,天真纯洁的,无知的
  • inconvenientadj. 不方便的
  • confrontationn. 对审,面对面,面对