新概念英语青少版(2B):Unit19 A problem with squirrels
日期:2018-04-08 10:55

(单词翻译:单击)

Polly: Did you see my new bird feeder, Annie?

波莉:安妮,你见过我的新喂鸟器了吗?
Annie: Yes, I did. I saw it last week.

安妮:见过了,上星期看到了。
Polly: Well, I bought it because of the label. It said, 'This bird feeder is squirrel-proof.'

波莉:我是因为标签上写着“防松鼠喂鸟器”才买的。
Annie: Yes, you told me that.

安妮:是,你告诉过我了。
Polly: Well, I brought it home. I put lots of nuts in it. And I hung it outside the kitchen window.

波莉:我把它拿回家,往里面放了很多果仁,把它挂在了厨房窗户外面。
Polly: That night, a squirrel broke into the 'squirrel-proof' bird feeder. It ate all the nuts. The squirrel's tummy became enormous.

波莉:当天晚上,一只松鼠闯进了这个“防松鼠”喂鸟器,把果仁全吃了。松鼠的肚子撑得大大的。
Annie: Oh, no! Don't tell me!

安妮:噢,不!别说了!
Polly: The next day, I went into the kitchen. What did I see? A dead squirrel in my birdfeeder, outside my kitchen window!

波莉:第二天,我到厨房去。我看到了什么?厨房窗户外的喂鸟器里面有只死松鼠!
Annie: That's awful! What did you do?

安妮:太可怕了!你怎么办了?
Polly: I cut it down, and put it in a bag. Then I took it back to the shop. They gaveme my money back.

波莉:我把它剪下来,放到一个包里,把它拿回了商店。他们给我退钱了。
Annie: But what's the use of that?

安妮:但这又有什么用呢?
Polly: I wanted a squirrel-proof bird feeder, and I haven't got one!

波莉:我想要一个防松鼠喂鸟器,可还是没有!

分享到
重点单词
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • kitchenn. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间
  • enormousadj. 巨大的,庞大的
  • squirreln. 松鼠,松鼠皮毛 vt. 储存